Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RIM has just released a great new Gmail plug-in for BlackBerry that adds quite a ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

RIM Releases Enhanced Google Mail Plug-In For BlackBerry

Advertisement

RIM has just released a great new Gmail plug-in for BlackBerry that adds quite a few new features to Gmail on your BlackBerry smartphone. In order to get it you need to go to your BIS login via PC or via the email setup on your BB, delete your gmail acct then re-add it. You will then get a message about the plug-in with a link to download. Curiously the link in my message gave a 404 error but you can go to this one http://www.blackberry.com/gmail and it will give you the download there. Here are some of the great new features:

The Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones introduces an advanced level of email service integration for BlackBerry smartphones. It supports additional Google Mail™ features that provide BlackBerry® Internet Service subscribers with broader access to their Google Mail accounts while on the go. The Enhanced Google Mail plug-in is optional. Existing and new Google Mail integrations will continue to function without it.
    Note: The Enhanced Google Mail plug-in requires BlackBerry® Device Software 4.5 or later and Google Mail integration within the BlackBerry Internet Service. The Google Mail integration must use IMAP, not POP, to function correctly. Google Mail accounts integrated after March 2009 use IMAP. Deleting an existing account and re-integrating it will ensure that the account is using IMAP.
    BlackBerry smartphone users with existing integrated Google Mail accounts must re-associate their email accounts to receive the link to download the Enhanced Google Mail plug-in.

• Add and remove labels and stars on email messages
    • Report spam email messages
    • Perform local and remote searches
    • Archive email messages
    • View related email messages as a single conversation (threaded view)

Check out the full post on the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums for links to helpful KB articles and a list of some limitations on the device with the new service.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ok! I just got a question? I just went and deleted "1" of my 8 gmail accounts and then re added it! However will I need to do the same for the remaining 7?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    RIM doesn't love us running 5.0

"Notice
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Enhanced Google Mail™ plug-in for BlackBerry® smartphones."
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Got it downloaded appeared to have done something with my pinstack.com email and my gmail account. I will mess with it more later to see what its like.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Its been a slow email day for me, nice change of pace...except that today I actually want the emails so I can test it

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    ive followed all the directions posted.

the new icon, even after deleting and re-adding my gmail as an imap, gives me a notification that i must have a gmail bis account to use the enhanced features... perhaps i missed something, but there are no directions beyond downloading the plugin and then deleting/re-adding a gmail account.

this is not a seamless process... so far, its useless beyond another home screen icon and an error notification msg.

*****after about 15 minutes of having this installed, and without it functioning, battery dropped 40% and phone became very hot. deleted it...
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 08-22-2009 at 06:39 PM.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Starting the process with a non primary gmail account now... will report back
    "Who Dares Wins"

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't know. After reading more initial responses I've decided to wait (or never) do this. I want these functions through the messaging application.
    "Who Dares Wins"

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm jealous, wish I had this feature too

Ok, so I can see the difference in how emails look in my gmail folders...but I can't open mail from my gmail folders, only from my main messages folder....and I don't seem to have any of the mentioned options, spam, stars, etc....anyone else have it working or having the same issues?

Ok, did a battery pull and things are working now...bb was just being tempermental!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well, if I open the message in my GMail folder, I get the options. If I open it in my main messages box, I don't. Going to play around with it some more and see if it's just me.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    It does not work with my bold. Such a lousy!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

It's the same with me, the options and the grouped/listed view are only from the actual gmail folders
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Yidy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ad026e
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    Ok! I just got a question? I just went and deleted "1" of my 8 gmail accounts and then re added it! However will I need to do the same for the remaining 7?
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    U only have 2 do it 4 one account
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast