Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by JoshSeawell Yea I know what you mean. I am really looking forward ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    Yea I know what you mean. I am really looking forward to the new storm this year, but this phone is very eye catching. I will definitely go to the vzw store and test one of their demos. But right now I am still leaning toward waiting for the new Storm. Kinda looking forward to the wifi.
    The wifi will probably be what leans me to the Storm more than the Tour, but like you I won't know for sure until I can go in and see which I like best. May just have to get both and bounce back and forth.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    All the excitement I have seen about verizon releasing this phone, but haven't heard nothing from the Sprint people who are getting this one too.

C'mon Sprint users let us know how you feel about this one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    C'mon AT&Apple throw us something new besides that bootlegged bold you call 8900 with no 3G . Anywho, I wonder if they'll pull a fast one and release Magnum or Onyx.
    It' must have WiFi before they will take it.
    For the life of me I don't know why Verizon does that? It lightens the load for everyone.

Anyway I have not seen any new BB info coming from the All Tied up & Tangled (AT&T) Network lately.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^hahahahaha
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

noquota no está en línea Stack level 2
    GGGGrrrrrr I just bought a 8900 Curve.... curse T-Mobile for being the LAST company to get anything good.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This is a great looking BB and I'm thrilled to see it come to Verizon. It's EV-DO and GSM, lots of memory, and all the bells and whistles except wi-fi. If it performs it'll surely be a winner.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I used to hate that none of the CDMA BBs had wifi, and I have been watching something touchscreen. I'm getting an iPod touch in a few days, that will cure my wifi touchscreen yearnings I hope and then I can just choose a full qwerty BB....like this one

Wi-fi is neat but the great thing about it is the speed. It's also neat to get the stuff you can via wi-fi w/o a data plan. You'll see Az when you start playing w/ your touch! :d

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    WiFi on a smart phone is great, the speed is amazing. It's not the same phone without it. The down side is once you have it you will not want to do without it.

It's that nice.

Yep. Even in my neighborhood wi-fi is 10x or more faster than Alltel data. :d

Firefishe no está en línea Stack level 2
    It costs so little to add Wi-Fi to a phone like this. What is it with the North American CDMA carriers and their opposition to Wi-Fi? It can't be all profitability. It's a multi-band phone, anyway, with European UMTS/HSPA high speed capability. Why not just add the Wi-Fi in with the entire shebang? VOIP would work lovely on this phone, if Wi-Fi were just integrated. GSM carriers love Wi-Fi and they're not losing money over it. CDMA carriers in North America just boggle my mind.
    ----------------------------------------
    The Year is 2009.
    The Name is S.A. Brown
    BrowNAV (Brown Navigation)

----------------------------------------

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I used to hate that none of the CDMA BBs had wifi, and I have been watching something touchscreen. I'm getting an iPod touch in a few days, that will cure my wifi touchscreen yearnings I hope and then I can just choose a full qwerty BB....like this one
    Ya know what... I got an itouch last week and I am taking it back. Thought I would use it for the games and for some chatting... but typing on it is brutal !!!! I actually think that its TOO thin to type on as I was getting hand cramps. Maybe with the portrait keyboard [does iTouch get a new OS version 3.0 ?] it might be better.. but mine is heading back, despite the fun games.

Cactusfog no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is a great looking phone but with no wifi I can't pull the trigger. I'm contract free waiting on the Storm...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusfog View Post
    It is a great looking phone but with no wifi I can't pull the trigger. I'm contract free waiting on the Storm...
    I agree, Cactue, it'd be worlds better if it only had wi-fi too but so far no CDMA carrier is into it. As firefishe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    It costs so little to add Wi-Fi to a phone like this. What is it with the North American CDMA carriers and their opposition to Wi-Fi? It can't be all profitability. It's a multi-band phone, anyway, with European UMTS/HSPA high speed capability. Why not just add the Wi-Fi in with the entire shebang? VOIP would work lovely on this phone, if Wi-Fi were just integrated. GSM carriers love Wi-Fi and they're not losing money over it. CDMA carriers in North America just boggle my mind.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    The rumor has it that after the bb Tour all bb's on Verizon will have wifi including Storm 2. Hopefully this rumour is factual! We'll have to wait and see.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast