Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Research In Motion today introduced the BlackBerry Tour - a powerful new 3G BlackBerry smartphone ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

RIM Introduces the BlackBerry Tour 9630 Smartphone

Advertisement

Research In Motion today introduced the BlackBerry Tour - a powerful new 3G BlackBerry smartphone for CDMA customers in North America. The new BlackBerry Tour smartphone offers state-of-the-art communications and multimedia capabilities with outstanding mobile performance and consummate styling. It is a feature-packed and highly refined world phone that keeps you connected and lets you tour the world in style.

"BlackBerry continues to be the top selling smartphone brand in North America and we are proud to add this powerful new 3G world phone to our successful product portfolio," said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. "With its striking design and exceptional performance, the new BlackBerry Tour will offer a compelling choice for the growing number of wireless customers looking to upgrade their existing cell phone to a smartphone."

The BlackBerry Tour smartphone allows customers to stay seamlessly connected - across town and around the world. It supports high-speed 3G EV-DO Rev. A networks in North America, as well as 3G UMTS/HSPA (2100Mhz) and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks abroad.

The BlackBerry Tour smartphone also provides the industry's leading mobile solution for email, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and social networking together with built-in GPS and advanced multimedia capabilities, enabling customers to make the most of both their personal and professional time.

The BlackBerry Tour features a chic black finish with chrome highlights surrounding its sleek design (112mm x 62mm x 14.2mm and 130g). It includes a large, highly tactile, full-QWERTY keyboard with chrome frets and finely sculpted keys for fast and precise typing. In addition, the large (2.44"), bright display (480 x 360 resolution at 245 ppi) delivers the highest resolution available on a BlackBerry smartphone, presenting pictures, web pages and videos with incredible clarity.

Other key features of the BlackBerry Tour smartphone include:
    - 3.2 MP camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization, autofocus and video recording(i)
    - Full HTML web browser, including support for streaming audio and video (RTSP)
    - Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music, a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and support for the Bluetooth(R) Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
    - 256MB Flash memory
    - Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting cards of up to 16 GB today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available
    - Built-in GPS with support for geotagging, BlackBerry(R) Maps and other location based applications and services
    - BlackBerry(R) Media Sync allows customers to quickly and easily synch music from iTunes(R) and Windows Media Player with the smartphone(ii)
    - Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.0) support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
    - Preloaded DataViz(R) Documents to Go(R), allowing users to edit Microsoft(R) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
    - Easy mobile access to Facebook(R), MySpace and Flickr(R), as well as popular instant messaging services including BlackBerry(R) Messenger, Yahoo!(R) IM, AIM(R), Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger(TM)
    - Support for BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking & sharing, news & weather, and more
    - BlackBerry(R) Internet Service allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
    - BlackBerry(R) Enterprise Server provides advanced security and IT administration features within IBM(R) Lotus(R) Domino(R), Microsoft(R) Exchange and Novell(R) GroupWise(R) environments
    - Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery for 5 hours of talk time and 14 days of standby time

The BlackBerry Tour smartphone (model number: 9630) is expected to be available this summer from carriers in North America.
    For more information visit www.blackberry.com/tour
    (i) Video recording requires microSD card, which may be sold separately
    (ii) Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Wow! My girlfriend will be ecstatic. Oftentimes she gets upset with her storm and starts eye balling my Bold. :-)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yup same here. My wife "upgraded" from the frustrations of the Storm to the back to the Pearl.

I think this is a great device on sheet and a great addition to the Verizon network. Hopefully some of the users who returned Storms will give BB a go again. So many smartphone options!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If I stick with BlackBerry this is tops on my list. I will be contract free at the end of August and free to choose any device and carrier I want....I really want to try the HTC Magic or MyTouch as I think T-Mo will call it, curious about Android. But the thought of no BBM is kind of scary

This phone would be a nice step up from my current 8330, but the Storm 2 is coming too....yeah way too many decisions to make......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Don't leave us, AZ!!!!!!!

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I wish the Storm 2 & this came out @ the same time so I can see them side by side. Decisions, decisions...

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Oo...I must say this tour's specs sound like a netbook lol and I'm going to be the first in line for sure.hehe...finally sprint is getting a gem too...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    My jump to Verizon just continues to look better and better. By the time it happens it looks like I will have many great choices. The problem now becomes which one to pick.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    If im not mistaken, it looks exactly like a Bold

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by somthinsim View Post
    If im not mistaken, it looks exactly like a Bold
    I hear ya... Looks like a mashup between bold and the 8900 with the curved top. Nice features with the camera, geo-tagging (coming in os5.0 ??) but otherwise.... sticking with my bold.

This thing should at least have added the touch trackball... or whatever the name is lol

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think its a bit smaller than the bold, and no wifi. My 8330 has geotagging, the bold should too...that came out with 4.5. Or are you talking about with location with BBM?

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Oh yeah... I think I tried it once and because I was taking pictures indoors it was taking forever as it searched the skies for satellites...lol

And you are right star, its smaller like the 8900. Yeah... can't believe that new phones are NOT coming with wifi automatically... should be industry standard by now for a smartphone !

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This will be another great phone just like the Bold is. Nice to see it finally appear.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    My jump to Verizon just continues to look better and better. By the time it happens it looks like I will have many great choices. The problem now becomes which one to pick.
    Yea I know what you mean. I am really looking forward to the new storm this year, but this phone is very eye catching. I will definitely go to the vzw store and test one of their demos. But right now I am still leaning toward waiting for the new Storm. Kinda looking forward to the wifi.
    -Josh

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    C'mon AT&Apple throw us something new besides that bootlegged bold you call 8900 with no 3G . Anywho, I wonder if they'll pull a fast one and release Magnum or Onyx.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast