This news may be a little late but I don't recall seeing it yet. For ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 on Alltel!!

Advertisement

This news may be a little late but I don't recall seeing it yet. For all us Alltel folks this is very cool news. Also seems to imply that Verizon will also have the flip. I can confirm it is accurate and is now available on the Alltel website.

On Thursday, Alltel announced that it will begin offering the RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 starting in early May. Alltel's Pearl Flip is the first CDMA version of the smartphone (a GSM model has been available on T-Mobile since October 2008) and will go for a very reasonable $79.99 with a two-year contract and after rebates.

Read More....

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sweetness. This Is good news for I'm due for my upgrade to another phone and will definetally look into gettin the pearl flip 8230.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Being an Alltel user it's great to see them "come along" and offer one of the new devices. I'll be interested to see how the CDMA version of this unit works out. I think I've read that the GSM version had some problems - let's hope it's getting better and that they're getting worked out.

Any current Pearl Flip fans out there?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Good news for atell. Now if I could get some sprint love I might think about it.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Seriously, I don't think you can correllate anything Alltel launches as having anything to do with Verizon. The parts of Alltel that Verizon bought are part of Verizon now and will get whatever Verizon gets, the parts of Alltel that are left over (i.e. the chunk of Alltel coverage area and customers that Verizon was NOT ALLOWED to merge into their system) are who would be getting this phone, NOT Alltel folks that are being sucked in to Verizon.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Being an Alltel user it's great to see them "come along" and offer one of the new devices. I'll be interested to see how the CDMA version of this unit works out. I think I've read that the GSM version had some problems - let's hope it's getting better and that they're getting worked out.

I guess we will need a 8230 subfourm in the blackberry section to report any issue or errors.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    Seriously, I don't think you can correllate anything Alltel launches as having anything to do with Verizon. The parts of Alltel that Verizon bought are part of Verizon now and will get whatever Verizon gets, the parts of Alltel that are left over (i.e. the chunk of Alltel coverage area and customers that Verizon was NOT ALLOWED to merge into their system) are who would be getting this phone, NOT Alltel folks that are being sucked in to Verizon.
    Sounds right to me, dgburns. This Verizon buy-out of Alltel hasn't changed anything in this part of the country. I still get Alltel statements each month, still call Alltel numbers and use the Alltel web site, etc. I even got a notice in the mail recently about an new Alltel full-service store opeing up near me.

I thought the Alltel buy-out was "lock, stock and barrell." I realize that all this could prpbably change overnight but the seem to still be very separate companies around here. There's a big Verizon store right down the street from a big Alltel store - I can't tell the difference.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

contractorswife no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    This is so cool. I have been waiting for alltel to try the flip. I am able to upgrade now so i'm going to be checking this out.

ERed no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31D1F712
    The official merge date for my area dosent start until june 1st. That's when according to the email they sent, alltel account info will be switched over to vzw. So I guess its kinda hard to say what exactly is going on until then.Even the alltel reps I've talked to are clueless.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post

I do not have any problems with my 8220. It's a great phone!

To ERed: I'm sure we Alltel users will all be switched over eventually. In my experience we the user will probably know before the reps do. :d It seems companies don't ever tell their reps much of anything in advance.

To Pdxmatts: Thanks, Petie. I didn't realize you had the 8220. Glad to hear it's working perfectly for you. Hope the CDMA version "behaves" as well.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-10-2009 at 09:01 AM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    The merger will be most all of Alltel. It is in every press release they have ever put out that the full re branding will not take place until at least the third quarter and the ONLY Alltel markets that will NOT go Verizon are the ones in areas where there is already Verizon and Alltel markets which overlap.

In those cases the Alltel brand will be sold to other carriers. There will be NO more Alltel. Period.

All Alltel devices should work on Verizon and I am sure that this device will carry over offering us the Pearl,Curve,Storm, Tour and the flip when we switch to Verizon. Not a bad choice in my view.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 05-09-2009 at 05:56 PM.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive had the Flip since its T-Mo release. Love it love it love it!!!!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I can also confirm that the Flip is also available in certain Verizon markets. I had a residents family member come in and one had the Flip and the other the Curve. I asked who their carrier was and they said Verizon.

I have checked the website and it still only shows the Storm, Curve and Pearl. Maybe soon it will be offered nation wide.