Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

I'm checking out the trial and do quite like it. I've been using weatherbug and ... BlackBerry News forum

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Advertisement

I'm checking out the trial and do quite like it. I've been using weatherbug and berryweather looks much better... Except for the radar! Berryweather's radar imagery is hard to see and only offers two degrees of zoom... That's a bit of a dealbreaker for me

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2
    Me too on the zoom, I was just about to pull the trigger and buy when I discovered the limited zoom.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm sure our friends over at Bellshare have taken note of the radar issue and will address that in a future release.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by anfrey View Post
    I'm checking out the trial and do quite like it. I've been using weatherbug and berryweather looks much better... Except for the radar! Berryweather's radar imagery is hard to see and only offers two degrees of zoom... That's a bit of a dealbreaker for me
    I agree with the radar image being NOT so great. I thought when BerryWeather (which I love) came out with the radar feature I'd be able to get rid of Wunderground. Not so. I keep Wunderground solely for their radar maps which are superb and much superior to BW's maps!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I agree with the radar image being NOT so great. I thought when BerryWeather (which I love) came out with the radar feature I'd be able to get rid of Wunderground. Not so. I keep Wunderground solely for their radar maps which are superb and much superior to BW's maps!
    Bassman! Make sure the powers that be take heed!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    I've been using Berryweather now for some time and it's the best weather app out there. It's on sale now for $4.97 at MobiHand, . . .

Thru Jan 1 2010! Go get it!

Quote Originally Posted by diagmo View Post
    Ok guys I need help. I purchased berry weather from app world. Copied the regisration # and lost it when I rebooted. Now I can't register. Customer service replied with a link that takes you to a page that helps you recover your code. You type in your email and a visual verification code. Well low and behold, it keeps telling me verification code is incorrect.( I entered several different times)
    Has anybody had this problem? Are these the types of problems you guys were talking about when refering to problems with app world.

Submit a ticket here:customerservice@bellshare.com we can help!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I love this app!!! Is there any way to turn the alerts completely off?

Set you advisory alerts to never and you wont get anymore, Chokem.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    This is the one weather app that I miss from my BB Wish they would make it for the iPhone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Guess its time to come back to black(berry) PDX.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thus the custom radar option- you can use any number of options, see this thread on the BS forums for more info:

Radar Thread

Hope this helps . .

sorry I have been gone for the holidays, spending some family time, LOL
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

diagmo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for your suggestions guys, I contacted them via their support link from the phone. They sent me a code and I registered the app. Now I get an "uncaught exception alert". Not sure what this means or why I'm unable to use this app. Sure sounds like a useful app, I work outdoors all day in Orlando,Fl. I could really use the lightning feature and the weather alert. Anybody out have a similar problem. I'm gonna try sending another help message via their support link and see what they come back with.

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    there's a wunderground app? or are you referring to their mobile site? if it's the former, please PM me so as to not mess this thread.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    there's a wunderground app? or are you referring to their mobile site? if it's the former, please PM me so as to not mess this thread.

You can add custom radars, did you miss that post with the link in it??^^^^^^
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

I was referring to their web site. There is no Wunderground app.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Thus the custom radar option- you can use any number of options, see this thread on the BS forums for more info:

Radar Thread

Hope this helps . .

sorry I have been gone for the holidays, spending some family time, LOL
    Bassman,

I see the page you referred to but I must be stupid or something. I've set up a custom map and copied several of the URL's into the image URL - the gif seems to be the one to copy - and all I get is THAT picture. Can you supply any detailed instruction of what to do? Sorry for being so dumb!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I copied the full URL from the link mentioned and changed the customization as specified and it works great. Or you can just copy and paste as is
    http://radblast.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_composite?type=N0R&frame=0&num=$frames$&del ay=30&newmaps=1&radius=70.4&centerlat=$lat$&center lon=$lon$&width=$width$&height=$height$&brand=lsn& severe=1&rainsnow=1&showids=1&showstorms=10&lightn ing=1&smooth=0