Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Just in Time for Christmas, Bellshare has served up an awesome Upgrade to their already ... BlackBerry News forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Review: BerryWeather 2.0, the ONLY weather program you need!!!!

Advertisement

Just in Time for Christmas, Bellshare has served up an awesome Upgrade to their already awesome Weather program!

Go get the 3-day trial HERE:

REVIEW
    This is not something you see every day! Bellshare took an application that was already great in and of itself, and made it better. Some may think I am slighty biased, but I can honestly say that applications like this, and the time and effort they put into the apps over @ Bellshare, are the main reasons I was quick to accept a position over there when offered one. This new BerryWeather, after some 1500 posts in Apha and Beta development, is simply great. It offers so many features that I use daily, such as hourly forecast, auto update and more. It runs in the background, and lets me know when I need to pay attention to the weather, really important when you live in the mountains, like I do!

Lots of new Features in the New release, as well as many features carried over from the original, which was reviewed here by our own PS Mod, Modern Cowboy.

PROS:
    New in Version 2.0!

*STILL NO SUBSCRIPTION!!!

* Weather Data:
    - Brand New weather source: Weather Underground
    - Get more accurate current conditions by switching to one of possibly many nearby weather stations for any location

* Visual:
    - New high resolution iconset, as well as custom icon options
    - See your current weather as a homescreen wallpaper, includes many customization options
    - Full support for OS 5.0 screen transitions (see awesome pic above and below!)

* Weather Advisories:
    - Get notifications only for specific advisories
    - Support for BerryPopup, get a popup with advisory details (Definitely one of my favorite new options!)

* Radar Maps/Webcams
    - Now you can use multiple custom radar maps/webcams, there are many available so get to looking for your favorite
    - Pinch-to-zoom radar maps on any touchscreen BlackBerry

* Did I say there is no subscription!!

CONS: Only one I can find is that you may play with this application so much you forget to do other things on your BB! (There is so much info to be had!)

Other Features
    Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)

ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)

Track your location via GPS/CELL TOWER LOCATION so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    Weather advisory notifications, SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM LED COLORS VIA BERRYBUZZ
    Customizable homescreen icon
    See your current weather as a homescreen wallpaper, includes many customization options
    Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
    Customizable background wallpaper
    Customizable font size
    Customizable icon size
    Smooth animations

PRICE: Only $9.95 for new users or $3.99 for existing BerryWeather customers!
    (If you Purchased Berryweather after October 15th 2009, check mobihand to see if you qualify for a further discount)

My Final Verdict is a rating 10/10!

Minimum Requirements:
    • OS 4.2.1
      • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1
    • OS 4.7
      • BlackBerry OS 4.7
    • OS 5.0
      • BlackBerry OS 5.0
    • OS 4.5
      • BlackBerry OS 4.5
    • OS 4.6
      • BlackBerry OS 4.6
    OS 4.2.1
    Display Dimensions
    160x160, 240x160, 240x240, 240x260, 240x320, 320x240, 480x320, 480x360
    Operating System
    4.2, 4.3

OS 4.7
    Display Dimensions
    480x360
    Operating System
    4.7 Non-Touch, 4.7 Touch Screen

OS 5.0
    Display Dimensions
    160x160, 240x160, 240x240, 240x260, 240x320, 320x240, 360x480, 480x320, 480x360
    Operating System
    5.0 Non-Touch, 5.0 Touch Screen

OS 4.5
    Display Dimensions
    Operating System

OS 4.6
    Display Dimensions
    Operating System

Buy it HERE @ Mobihand!

Portions of description taken from Mobihand and Bellshare
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Very nicely done Thb!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Very nicely done Thb!

Thank you sir!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    woo! it looks prettier too! Thanks for the update on this. I just upgraded from 1.5. BIG DIFFERENCE! it is definitely worth the money. lucky, i only paid 3.99 but i would gladly pay 9.95.

Again, thanks for the update on the product.

*edited*

hmm. perhaps i should have waited. I just remember i am going to be getting the 9700 in the next week. oh well.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by calibur View Post
    woo! it looks prettier too! Thanks for the update on this. I just upgraded from 1.5. BIG DIFFERENCE! it is definitely worth the money. lucky, i only paid 3.99 but i would gladly pay 9.95.

Again, thanks for the update on the product.

*edited*

hmm. perhaps i should have waited. I just remember i am going to be getting the 9700 in the next week. oh well.

Not a problem! Just contact us @ customerservice@bellshare.com give us your old & new pins, email used for registration, name and app name.

We can get it switched for you ASAP!
    Besides there is a new version for 5.0 devices!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Not a problem! Just contact us @ customerservice@bellshare.com give us your old & new pins, email used for registration, name and app name.

We can get it switched for you ASAP!
    Besides there is a new version for 5.0 devices!

Thanks! i'll send an email to customer service when i go purchase the phone.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Nicely done thb. I will definatly be getting this for the 3.99.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs up

thbassman,

---I quickly downloaded the application and it´s what we expected . Great ! although settins now are a multiple of options, and I was not so impressed with the clarity of the new icons. I prefer the crisp antiques !

NOTICED THAT THE 9700 WENT ON THE BLINK (APP ERROR 523) - Java (?) WHEN I RECEIVED A BePopUp notification...!!

This is a bug that repeated itself when I tried it once again !

Pls bassman make this known to Bellshare !

Otherwise a great app I cannot do without !

And, by the way, great review bro !
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-03-2009 at 09:11 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Great review, J! Purchased the upgrade last night and do love the new mods! We were having some severe weather here last night and right after I rebooted my device, I got a BerryPopup weather alert, which was awesome!

I'll be sporting a 9700 next week, so will definitely be needing to update my apps after the device switch. Hope I don't encounter the same error as delfim did, but if I do, I know Bellshare will be right on top of it!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I like the new icons, reminds me of the sense UI that comes on the droid. I had a hard time getting the app to update, but aftere a battery pull it has been working great.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Great review, J! Purchased the upgrade last night and do love the new mods! We were having some severe weather here last night and right after I rebooted my device, I got a BerryPopup weather alert, which was awesome!

I'll be sporting a 9700 next week, so will definitely be needing to update my apps after the device switch. Hope I don't encounter the same error as delfim did, but if I do, I know Bellshare will be right on top of it!
    Glad to hear you´re entering 9700 heaven... keep us posted Ro !

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    thbassman,

---I quickly downloaded the application and it´s what we expected . Great ! although settins now are a multiple of options, and I was not so impressed with the clarity of the new icons. I prefer the crisp antiques !

NOTICED THAT THE 9700 WENT ON THE BLINK (APP ERROR 523) - Java (?) WHEN I RECEIVED A BePopUp notification...!!

This is a bug that repeated itself when I tried it once again !

Pls bassman make this known to Bellshare !

Otherwise a great app I cannot do without !

And, by the way, great review bro !
    Delfim,

If you would not mind, so it can get addressed more quickly can i get a copy of that error for your event log, pm me for details of how if you dont know.

Thanks,

THB
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post

The developer is using a 9700, Glad you will be too!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Great review. I upgraded last night as well. Excellent new features. Well worth it.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I love this app just wish if we got it before Oct we could upgrade for the $3.99 price instead of full price. Will have to wait until next year

Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast