Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by rone The problem is not quick pull. The problem is restarting the ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rone View Post
    The problem is not quick pull. The problem is restarting the 8900 with any custom theme and unread email. It is a known problem reported in various other places.

I can confirm the problem on my 8900. A restart by any method on any theme with all email read and the phone is fine. A restart when using a built in theme is always fine. A restart on a custom theme with unread email causes all kinds of errors. Mark all email read and restart again and everything is fine.
    I'm not saying that quickpull is the problem, I was saying that setting the auto reset might not work with custom themes.

The great news is the newest 8900 5.0 beta OS corrects the custom theme compatability. I can reboot now without changing my theme back to precision. Woot!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    gotta check out one of these-which do you reccommend??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyj62 View Post
    I did a quick pull reset yesterday and my phone was stuck on the tmobile logo page during reboot... It wouldnt reboot all the way. i did have a third party theme on when i did the quick pull reboot, however i have had the same theme on for over a month and have done plenty of reboots with quick pull with no issues... anyone know why it would happen out of the blue like this. If it helps i got a "java.lang.nullpointerexception" error
    Thanks for the info all!!

This is the custom theme issue. When it sticks on the tmobile page just hold the red end call button like you were going to shut it down. It says it will shut down but actually the security software kicks in. Sometimes you need to hold it in once more to finish the reset. Of course, when that happens you need to go back to one of the two original themes and then reset, then put on your custom theme again. I use combox 4 and that problem drove me crazy.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zipped View Post
    This is the custom theme issue. When it sticks on the mobile page just hold the red end call button like you were going to shut it down. It says it will shut down but actually the security software kicks in. Sometimes you need to hold it in once more to finish the reset. Of course, when that happens you need to go back to one of the two original themes and then reset, then put on your custom theme again. I use combo 4 and that problem drove me crazy.
    Looks like that issue is addressed and fixed in the 5.0 OS. There is a beta version out right now. Hopefully when 5.0 is released officially, our 8900's will work to it's full potential.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    The issue is fixed for me in .239. I use to have this issue but not after I upped the firmware.

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I haven't upgraded my new 8900 yet and I use Quickpull, I have yet to see an error. I have it set to reboot each morning at 330am. I am using a wonderful custom theme (thanks to cherri ) and nothing happens....has the issue been fixed?

Darkwun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    256E9427
    quickpull got the delete treatment today after bailing halfway through leaving half of my phone features unavailable. think i'll wait till the 5.0 beta runs FB to make the update and possibly get quickpull again!!

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    Soft reset works perfectly for the 8900. Quickpull is garbage.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Ok so I have a custom theme on my 8900 StarWars made by sooner and I use the ALT+Shift+DEL and have not had the issue with my themes. I am using 8900/4.6.1.231 On ATT.

Hope this helps . . .

Thbassman

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    I finally sent my 8900 in for repair (its a long story) so I'll have to try out .231 when I get it back later this week.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Thanks for the heads up

BCMarble no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3017C3B5
    Very good to know,I use Quick Pull on my Bold,after reading the thread I am certainly going deactivate the App....BCMarble

liss0916 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having the same problem on my 8130...

curveyberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm glad I saw this...I kept having issues with a particular theme I was using and every time I did a Quick pull, two of the icons would disappear :-) ...nice to know.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    QuickPull isn't giving me any issues on .250

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast