Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Jerryd's version blog has soft reset...I think. Been awhile since I've tested the link there, ... BlackBerry News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Jerryd's version blog has soft reset...I think. Been awhile since I've tested the link there, but he's pretty good about keeping that up to date.

As for any benefit, only ease of use. About it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You have to push them all at the same time. SoftReset doesn't work well on my 8900. I will try to find it for you when I get back to my PC.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I just wanted to let you all know that if you set your Quickpull to automatic reset, it is not compatible with custom 8900 themes.

When you use a custom theme, you need to change it back to a precision theme before you do any reboots or upgrades or anything that will reset your phone. Then after the reboot, you can change it back to your custom theme. If you have it on automatic reset, it will reset without doing this and mess up the theme.

I do not know if this is the same with the Storm, but it happens with the 8900.
    no problems with using it with storm custom themes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    Soft reset works perfectly for the 8900. Quickpull is garbage.
    one mans garbage is another mans treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    1) How in the world do you use the alt/shift/delete method? I can't get it working and I've tried many sequences.

2) Also where is the Soft Reset app? I had it when I had my Pearl a long time ago, but stopped using it because it was not compatible with 4.5 OS. So it is now compatible with 4.6 OSes?

3) Lastly is there any benefit to actually pulling the battery vs. using an app to reset?

Thanks
    2. find it here i would recommend quickpull
    3. i don't think so. some say batt pull for 30 seconds is better...who knows
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Cool Thanks!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun124 View Post
    Strange I have been using custom themes all along and have used every OS released... I use alt/shift/del every morning out of habit from my 8320 and have never had any issues... I have generated my themes with the first and second beta of Plazmic, and finally the official release... Maybe it's something in a particular theme?
    The 83xx's are ok with it. I'm talking about 8900's

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for figuring this out. Was adding apps and themes, couldn't figure out why after a reset my Messages icon and sometimes my SMS icon was disappearing. Couldn't figure out what was going on, did Show all, looked in all my folders, reset the berry, everything. Was driving me nuts. You just saved my sanity with this find!

tonebones220 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    The same applies to softreset or alt/shift/del.. You want to change your custom theme back to precision before resetting.

My main concern was for those who have quickpull set on certain times for an automatic reset.

The 83xx's are safe..
    Not quite safe IMO my 8320 has quickpull installed and doesn't work with 8900 theme. At first I didn't really think much of it but now I'm wondering if its the presion themes? Or anything asamf inspired ? Just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by tonebones220 View Post
    Not quite safe IMO my 8320 has quickpull installed and doesn't work with 8900 theme. At first I didn't really think much of it but now I'm wondering if its the presion themes? Or anything asamf inspired ? Just guessing
    How is it possible for you to have an 8900 theme on your 8320?

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    I did a quick pull reset yesterday and my phone was stuck on the tmobile logo page during reboot... It wouldnt reboot all the way. i did have a third party theme on when i did the quick pull reboot, however i have had the same theme on for over a month and have done plenty of reboots with quick pull with no issues... anyone know why it would happen out of the blue like this. If it helps i got a "java.lang.nullpointerexception" error
    Thanks for the info all!!

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    There is a free new Quick pull out(Quick pull beta 2.0.13) that might or might not work better for 8900 models.It says it's now for all blackberrys,but I don't have the 8900 to check it for you concerning the custom theme problems.I just figured you all might want to hear about the possibly better version.
    Last edited by bill16; 04-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    soft reset 0.2 OTA

8900 here w/ .206 that works fine!

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    new version working here, but never had problems with the previous version on my 8900
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Where's this new beta of quickpull or am I off a bit?

rone no está en línea Stack level 2
    The problem is not quick pull. The problem is restarting the 8900 with any custom theme and unread email. It is a known problem reported in various other places.

I can confirm the problem on my 8900. A restart by any method on any theme with all email read and the phone is fine. A restart when using a built in theme is always fine. A restart on a custom theme with unread email causes all kinds of errors. Mark all email read and restart again and everything is fine.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Where's this new beta of quickpull or am I off a bit?
    I'm not sure how to post the location without getting in trouble.You tell me that and I can show you the new Quick pull beta download.It's frustrating to want to help and not be able to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast