Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I just wanted to let you all know that if you set your Quickpull to ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

QuickPull Warning

Advertisement

I just wanted to let you all know that if you set your Quickpull to automatic reset, it is not compatible with custom 8900 themes.

When you use a custom theme, you need to change it back to a precision theme before you do any reboots or upgrades or anything that will reset your phone. Then after the reboot, you can change it back to your custom theme. If you have it on automatic reset, it will reset without doing this and mess up the theme.

I do not know if this is the same with the Storm, but it happens with the 8900.

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3
    Soft reset works perfectly for the 8900. Quickpull is garbage.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Wow that could suck.I have the bb curve 8330 and I've used the quick pull without reguard to possible problems with theme or anything else.I guess I just lucked out that that I don't have the 8900.Thanks for the warning.Looks like the 8300 bb's might be safe though.I'll watch to see if anything screws up and hope it doesn't,though I don't use the scheduling thing only manual.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I did have problems with Quickpull as well. I always used Softreset on my Pearl when i had it, and it worked like a charm. When i got the 8900 i thought this quickpull was an upgraded version of softreset, i was wrong. It was slower, and it even froze my 8900 leaving it at a white screen. I switched back to softreset and am not looking back.

The same applies to softreset or alt/shift/del.. You want to change your custom theme back to precision before resetting.

My main concern was for those who have quickpull set on certain times for an automatic reset.

The 83xx's are safe..

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Thanks pdxmatts.I appreciate the warning and news that the 83xx are in the clear.So thank you again.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Pdxmatts, I have not experienced anything new or outta the norm with softreset and i use a custom theme... i guess i lucked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    Pdxmatts, I have not experienced anything new or outta the norm with softreset and i use a custom theme... i guess i lucked out?
    You are lucky.. When I forget to change it back to a Precision theme, I get an uncaught exception error and my icons are messed and some are missing. It's a real pain.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't have any problem with a custom theme either. But I have only tried it with SoftReset and the alt/shift/del method. I did go back and recreate my themes once the "official" Plazmic version came out, because I was having that problem with themes created in the beta versions.

I just made a theme yesterday with the new Plazmic and mine still did the same thing. Maybe it is the OS I have .174.. Used alt/shft/del to reset

Risingsun124 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Strange I have been using custom themes all along and have used every OS released... I use alt/shift/del every morning out of habit from my 8320 and have never had any issues... I have generated my themes with the first and second beta of Plazmic, and finally the official release... Maybe it's something in a particular theme?

Risingsun124 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow, my first post... I thought I posted here before...

Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun124 View Post
    Strange I have been using custom themes all along and have used every OS released... I use alt/shift/del every morning out of habit from my 8320 and have never had any issues... I have generated my themes with the first and second beta of Plazmic, and finally the official release... Maybe it's something in a particular theme?
    I'd like to second that.

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    I'd like to second that.
    i am using .199 but im yet facing it .i have faced this issue with quickpull in all os's
    .114 (orignal tmo) .168 .174 and now .199

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    1) How in the world do you use the alt/shift/delete method? I can't get it working and I've tried many sequences.

2) Also where is the Soft Reset app? I had it when I had my Pearl a long time ago, but stopped using it because it was not compatible with 4.5 OS. So it is now compatible with 4.6 OSes?

3) Lastly is there any benefit to actually pulling the battery vs. using an app to reset?

Thanks
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast