Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Did I miss the last update? I'm back to the native sms app ~via smartphone ... BlackBerry News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Advertisement

Did I miss the last update? I'm back to the native sms app
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    Did I miss the last update? I'm back to the native sms app
    yup...just redownload from the same link
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Okay. So what's central?

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3
    Central is basically a library - a set of common code that is used by current and all upcoming Empower apps (and hopefully other 3party apps in future). By moving the common code out of SMS Viewer, into a shared base code we can improve inter-operatibility between diff. apps.

For ex, as I explained earlier - RIMs API allows only one app to listen to incoming SMS. So, if you want to use an SMS popup app you have to let go the SMS Viewer (or vice versa). By moving the listening part to a common library, we can allow more than one apps to work with incoming sms. Because now only the library will listen to incoming sms, and all other apps can talk to the library.

Another common benefit of using a shared library is reduction in overall app size. If two apps use the same code, then sharing that code saves your app memory instead of both apps having it individually.

Best,
    Ani.

Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    So when you say shared, does that mean consolidated? As in SMS Central and your EMV being able to share the same library?
    Would it be able to access central from say, Aerize card loader?

fastcivic416 no está en línea Stack level 2
    the sms viewer is working great! i don't have the green arrow/envelope issue. its always there in all my texts. the custom picture has been fixed. the background is still set to pattern but only noticeable in landscape mode. i still wish there was an option to either set it to "stretch" or "full screen" in both portrait and landscape mode for the storm. maybe even have an option to change the size of each picture from the pattern portion of it so it looks even on the screen.

the last update allowed about 80% of the screen to have the full picture in custom mode and the rest would be the start of the pattern. it would be amazing if we could set the picture to 25% of the screen x4 so the screen can look more even.

if not, just the stretch/full screen option would be great! =)

this is an amazing app! looks like its REALLY close for finalization. can't wait!

btw, this app has just made texting my first choice for communication with my friends :P. looking at my custom background is much better than looking at the blank white background of bbm/gtalk/msn etc...

hmmm......is it possible to design the app so that it can work with ALL im/text applications? if that's in the works now or in the near future, can u please allow us to have the option to change the custom picture per application?

ie. msn will have pic 1, text msgs will have pic 2, bbm will have pic 3 etc.....

it'd be so much easier to identify which method of contact was used.

anyway, keep up the amazing work and keep us posted when the final product is ready!

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does EmpowerCentral need Trusted Application Status? Seems like more and more apps are asking/requiring this.

So now I have bumped up my service, from 250 texts to 500 a month! Texting will never be the same again!
    It's all your fault ANI!
    Last edited by Diffused; 06-12-2009 at 01:07 PM.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow love the improvements. Ani is there a way to resize the envolope in the right corner to be smaller on sent texts? Keep up the great work!!!! Oh I have the 8330 os 4.5.0.160

Wow! I just had the most bizarre behavior from the SMS Viewer.
    I had an important link sent to my phone via SMS. The alert came through OK but when I opened it, the page showed nothing but the background that I custom selected. No text or header; couldn't even open the menu. So I uninstalled the Viewer and Library and then I was able to read the necessary text. Wew!
    I'll try again and experiment. Don't know if it's related, but I can't receive MMS pictures anymore.

lsuisam4zing3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    sounds cool maybe i will have to download this

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow New version 1.62 of Empower SMS Viewer released.

Dear All,
    We have a yet another version release of Empower SMS Viewer v1.62

Fixes the issues -
    - SMS from email were not showing up with the viewer. (Fixed)
    - Stop tiling of background image on Storm
    - Contact Photo can be hidden (set to size 0) on all devices.

Please update your copies of both Central & SMS Viewer from www.getempower.com

The next upcoming version is expected to be the release version and will give more visual options, backgrounds and ability to user to control the look and feel of incoming and outgoing sms.

Thanks,
    Ani.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks for the update.

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ani View Post
    Dear All,
    We have a yet another version release of Empower SMS Viewer v1.62

Please update your copies of both Central & SMS Viewer from www.getempower.com

Thanks,
    Ani.

If I access the link above directly from my phone I get:
    "Javascript. An error occurred while executing a script"
    However if I go to the EMPOWER website on my PC and send the link to my BB via their page...the download link in the e-mail works. Upgraded both Central and the SMS Viewer.

I also appreciate the detailed description of what "Central" is and how it functions...very informative. Thanks

David
    Last edited by VIOLATOR; 06-17-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Provide "workaround" for accessing program...
    F'em and Feed'em Fisheads!

Twitter

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I was wondering is it possible to get a pink pattern? Also my custom pics are still appearing tiled. However, I do notice this only happens if I have to resize the pic - zoom and so forth, then set as sms viewer. When I selected preloaded pics on the bb they came out fine.