Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Does that mean it can't work with berrypopups at all? ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~... BlackBerry News forum

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc

Advertisement

Does that mean it can't work with berrypopups at all?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by amascoho12 View Post
    Does that mean it can't work with berrypopups at all?
    it should work if you go to messages and compose from there but not if your responding from berrypopup,pd start or other programs. i have been asking ani this question for days with no response.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    311840cc
    Ani? What I like about the possibilty of this would be working with berry popup as oppsed to bbtext2im that I have. Your program had advantages that one doesn't like forwarding. Is there anyway to have this happen?

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    it should work if you go to messages and compose from there but not if your responding from berrypopup,pd start or other programs. i have been asking ani this question for days with no response.
    catstide - I answered this question 12 hours back. Pls look at post #297 on the previous page Here it is again -

RIM's api enforce certain restrictions when it comes to interop of 3rd party apps that use sms functionality. For ex, if two apps try to access the same SMS then only one will work.

So its more like this - while you can run several apps that talk to your email or show your photos or play your mp3, or use any part of the device - with sms its different. You can (in most cases) run only one app that talks to your sms. For ex, 2 sms popup programs wont work together, because even if both apps try to access the SMS only one is going to get it (RIMs API enforce this limitation).

In a nutshell when it comes to SMS apps, one needs to choose his app carefully since you have limited choices.

Thanks,
    Ani.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by ani View Post
    catstide - I answered this question 12 hours back. Pls look at post #297 on the previous page Here it is again -

RIM's api enforce certain restrictions when it comes to interop of 3rd party apps that use sms functionality. For ex, if two apps try to access the same SMS then only one will work.

So its more like this - while you can run several apps that talk to your email or show your photos or play your mp3, or use any part of the device - with sms its different. You can (in most cases) run only one app that talks to your sms. For ex, 2 sms popup programs wont work together, because even if both apps try to access the SMS only one is going to get it (RIMs API enforce this limitation).

In a nutshell when it comes to SMS apps, one needs to choose his app carefully since you have limited choices.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    my sincerest apology, i have been checking this thread constantly and don't know how i missed that.thanks for your response
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Very good explanation...makes sense.

David
    F'em and Feed'em Fisheads!

Twitter

PIN/ID
    311840cc
    Thanx, as I read that but wasn't sure if that meant that for that particular situation.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just noticed this tonight when trying to send a new SMS by going to messages and selecting Compose SMS Text from the menu. The default SMS view opens instead of SMS Viewer. If I open an old SMS it opens in SMS Viewer and after that new SMS's open SMS Viewer. After a shutdown of any type it's back to default view until I open another old SMS.
    I tried battery pulls and uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck.

PIN/ID
    311840cc
    I know on my 8330 if I open messages from the messages portion on my theme, I get a typical view. When I open under the messages icon I get sms viewer. And again, nothing has fixed that here

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by amascoho12 View Post
    I know on my 8330 if I open messages from the messages portion on my theme, I get a typical view. When I open under the messages icon I get sms viewer. And again, nothing has fixed that here
    I get the same problem with my 8330 curve too.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Ani and all,

I think the earlier version had issues wioth Berrypopup, cause mine quit working when using the last version, . .this one seems to not make it give and error. This is the only app I have changed!

Hope this helps . . .

thb
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    After the initial download, I had no issues. After a battery pull, I no longer see any of my text messages in the "new" format, nor do I see them in the "new" format when composing. A check of applications shows that the program is installed. I have the 8330 Curve.

What now?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Any plans on having the app modify the sms home screen?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    This is a great app. I love it. Only issue I have so far is changing the header patterns design. I tried a battery pull but it doesn't change. Anyone notice this issue?

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This definitely is very nice, but coming from using 3jam it feels like a step backward. I got use to using the enter button to send a message, having the messages sorted by person (inegrating with the regular sms might be a problem for that) and also popup notifications. If those were added I would use this over 3jam. Also it runs a little slow on my bold.