Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 208

pearl 8100 os4.2.1... BlackBerry News forum

  1. #61
    papareyenc's Avatar
    papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    354

    Advertisement



    pearl 8100 os4.2.1

  2. #62
    Diffused's Avatar
    Diffused no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    151
    Hello Ani, diffused here with a Curve 8330 OS 4.3.
    Downloaded this SMS app this morning and tried it out this afternoon. Upon opening it looks and acts just like the native app. I don't see anything anyone else sees. Install was successful as I see it in my applications list.
    Upon opening, it sent and received fine, except I could not delete any messages in SMS or my email. I did a battery pull and it was OK except after a couple messages it did it again.
    I received an error popup on my homescreen that seemed to continue throughout the day. It said, "Uncaught exception, jav.lang.NoClassDefFoundError".
    I also could not delete emails or forward emails. I didn't get a chance to do much else with forwarding texts but I could reply OK. I know this isn't for email but would it make a difference that I DO have the Empower Email Viewer instllaed on my device?
    Now this evening, everything seems to be operating with all normal functions. No more popups and I can now delete both SMS and emails.

    I have never had any of these issues come up before since owning my device. I've had it for maybe 9 months.
    I'm not sure what else to say so I'll say goodnight. I'll try more tomarrow since I will have more time.
    Let me know if there is anything else I can be doing to help here, otherwise I'll continue to check it out and post here.
    Diffused~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  3. #63
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235
    ok I am in agreement about the smileys. . .seems more suitable to a teenager than myself. .a 32 yrd father of three. . who is your target audience or is it to all BB users??
    THBASSMAN

    Carpe Diem!!

    thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

    Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

    My TORCH Rocks!

  4. #64
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235
    sorry double post
    THBASSMAN

    Carpe Diem!!

    thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

    Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

    My TORCH Rocks!

  5. #65
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    ok I am in agreement about the smileys. . .seems more suitable to a teenager than myself. .a 32 yrd father of three. . who is your target audience or is it to all BB users??
    Are you actually beta testing the app? The only smiley is the one used as the theme.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  6. #66
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    3,242
    I don't like the theme neither....too younger and girly look for me
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  7. #67
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235
    yes that is the ones i meant. . it is late cowboy haven't had a lot of time til now and getting sleepy
    THBASSMAN

    Carpe Diem!!

    thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

    Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

    My TORCH Rocks!

  8. #68
    papareyenc's Avatar
    papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    354
    father of 3 here 3 kids as well
    not as good looking as THBASSMAN though

    now back to the regular postings


  9. #69
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235
    thanksfor the comp papareyenc headed to bed- gotta work tomm
    THBASSMAN

    Carpe Diem!!

    thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

    Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

    My TORCH Rocks!

  10. #70
    BklynEddie's Avatar
    BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Diffused View Post
    Hello Ani, diffused here with a Curve 8330 OS 4.3.
    Downloaded this SMS app this morning and tried it out this afternoon. Upon opening it looks and acts just like the native app. I don't see anything anyone else sees. Install was successful as I see it in my applications list.
    Upon opening, it sent and received fine, except I could not delete any messages in SMS or my email. I did a battery pull and it was OK except after a couple messages it did it again.
    I received an error popup on my homescreen that seemed to continue throughout the day. It said, "Uncaught exception, jav.lang.NoClassDefFoundError".
    I also could not delete emails or forward emails. I didn't get a chance to do much else with forwarding texts but I could reply OK. I know this isn't for email but would it make a difference that I DO have the Empower Email Viewer instllaed on my device?
    Now this evening, everything seems to be operating with all normal functions. No more popups and I can now delete both SMS and emails.

    I have never had any of these issues come up before since owning my device. I've had it for maybe 9 months.
    I'm not sure what else to say so I'll say goodnight. I'll try more tomarrow since I will have more time.
    Let me know if there is anything else I can be doing to help here, otherwise I'll continue to check it out and post here.
    Diffused~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I'm also getting the same error message and I don't see
    anything different when I open my sms.
    I did a battery pull and even uninstalled and re-installed
    the program, but still get the same error message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

  11. #71
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynEddie View Post
    I'm also getting the same error message and I don't see
    anything different when I open my sms.
    I did a battery pull and even uninstalled and re-installed
    the program, but still get the same error message.

    Did they send you the correct link for your OS?
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

    ~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

    For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

  12. #72
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118
    I have sent 2 test sms to myself and when I open the message, I am seeing double posts. I don't get that from other sms. Could this be because I am sending them to myself to test apps?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Morgase; 04-25-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

    ~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

    For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

  13. #73
    BklynEddie's Avatar
    BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Did they send you the correct link for your OS?
    As far as I know it is the correct one for my OS.
    When I clicked on the link it open a page saying which
    BB (8330) and OS (4.5.0.131) I have. And then a link
    saying if above is correct "click here to download"
    with a link. And that's where I got the download from.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

  14. #74
    ocanyc's Avatar
    ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    628
    One thing I wanted to mention was, sometimes when I want to text someone I would open up my sms folder, open up a conversation, and put my cursor on the contact name line, hit menu and be able to choose SMS 'Contact Name'. I cant seem to do that in while using this sms viewer. I have to go into menu and choose 'Show Native'.

  15. #75
    p8ntballa's Avatar
    p8ntballa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26
    With the amount of messages I send. Count me in. Curve with 4.5
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •