Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

An update is online. Change log in first post. Most important change is a complete ... BlackBerry News forum

pfluger no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

An update is online. Change log in first post.

Most important change is a complete re-design of the alert item edit screen to make it cleaner and easier to understand.

Attached Images Attached Images
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I like the the new look
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Ok I sent my email (I know I'm late to get on board but please add me) this program looks like it has potential.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Calendar alert worked well with the alarm this morning. I set both since didn't know if SA would wake me, had to get my boys and hell would break loose if I were late.

Pfluger, what's missing from other popups is SmartAlerts. You can blacklist etc, but not assign diff alerts w/pop up.

I dig the pop up because it avoids having to exit out of a program to read message. And I always seem to be knee deep in something when a message comes in.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    ...................My first impression with this app was >>> What am I Doing here? ........ so I was a bit mystified as to what comes next. ..........
    Still tinkering with it.
    With all respect to Bellshare, and I have A LOT!, this was my 1st impression too. I DL this last night and looked at it a while but without some instruction/explanation of what it does, I don't think I have the need.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I guess I am gonna have to wait until I become smart enough to figure it out. Maybe my brain is just tired from work,
    Me too, Randy. I was too tired to do much last night with it. It may be that I don't "analyze," preview (peek?) or have the time to give an individual emailer a specific alert. This is a task for more people who need to set up individual alerts than I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks BerryBuzz and SmartAlerts should be one program?
    ...and I don't use BerryBuzz but they are definitely a nice fit together.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    What part is getting you confused? Any help we can give?

We need to know what exactly makes the learning curve so steep so we can improve the interface.
    It took me a little looking around to see how to get into the ap - then I had some "what's that?" questions probably because I hadn't ever used this level of individual email alert or filter on the BB. The pop up instructions are nice but a few sentences somewhere of what this ap is and what it does would be nice IMO.

On 1st look the screen that you open that has "new" and "edit profiles" at the bottom is an unknown. (I can already edit profiles so I naturally look at "new" but still have no idea what I'm doing.) Just a brief description of what you can do with "new"and an explanation of each item in that menu would also help - although the pop ups help a lot I wasn't sure what some of them were or represented.

Probably my suggestion for more explanation is overkill. THe ap CAN be figured out without them but it would have helped me "get it" quicker had it been there.

I DL this ap because I have the very highest regard for BellShare and pfluger after being involved in BerryWeather and the exchanges in testing that ap. It is likely that I am one of very few users who will not have a use for this ap - I plan to keep testing before I make my decision. It seems to be designed more for those who need specific alerts for their emails, msgs, missed calls, etc.

Whether I use it or not, I TRUELY appreciate BellShare and pfluger for allowing Pinstack to test and comment on this application. Thank you BellShare!
    Last edited by RogerG; 04-17-2009 at 09:43 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I agree jb. I didn't have ant prob figuring it out, but I had set up something similar with another program.

Looking @ it right now, I wouldn't use this to its fullest potential. I just am not important or popular enough to have enough emails/calls to have many filters.

However, I do like that I can set up diff alerts for what I do have, and I like the calendar integration.

IF popups are added, then I may end up buying this. I'm cool with testing because I dig Bellshare and appreciate the opportunity they give all of us to help test their apps.

Admittingly I've been lucky enough to get BerryBuzz and BerryWeather for free, but have also purchased BerryWeather and will be buying BerryBuzz for Cas.

Proof as to Bellshare listening is evident in the new update for SA. The pop up screens help with the curve, as well the options are better explained.

Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to break this and find bugs, as well, I'll keep making suggestions (coughpopupscough).

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, JB, I'm right there with ya. I got carried away with the BerryWeather beta fun and asked to be a tester for this application, but I honestly don't think I'd ever use it, so I'm like "what's the point?"

I will, however reiterate JB's sentiments in that I, too appreciate the efforts of Bellshare and the opportunity afforded us here at PinStack to be an integral part of developing these applications.

And kudos to all you fine folks who are taking the time to run these applications through their paces! I'm sure this will be yet another successful collaboration between PinStack and Bellshare!

Keep 'em comin'!

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Ok I got the app but I am so confused with it. Is it me or is it the appz please help me
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    With the update will we need to redownload? Will there be a link sent to us or should we check this post on the Stacks???

I have to admit that I'm drawn to BellShare like a magnet to iron. They are SO responsive to every comment. They've already re-designed the alert screen and we've only been testing a few hours!

Just when I think I'm out, they PULL ME BACK IN! (Don't you love that line from Godfather 3 and later, The Sopranos. I watch too many mob flicks. )

I'll probably buy this ap just to support BellShare whether I use it or not. Having spent a career in software development I can say that these guys know how to test a product: put it the consumers' hands and listen to their comments.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I've been so busy I haven't hardly had the time to mess with this.
    It looks like an interesting app but I have to agree with what most of ya'll are saying and that is I just don't get enough email and other messages to really make use of this app. Popups would definitely change my mind.

I'm gonna test it regardless because Bellshare rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I have to admit that I'm drawn to BellShare like a magnet to iron. They are SO responsive to every comment. They've already re-designed the alert screen and we've only been testing a few hours!

Just when I think I'm out, they PULL ME BACK IN! (Don't you love that line from Godfather 3 and later, The Sopranos. I watch too many mob flicks. )

I'll probably buy this ap just to support BellShare whether I use it or not. Having spent a career in software development I can say that these guys know how to test a product: put it the consumers' hands and listen to their comments.
    I hear ya. I'm the same way. Saw this post I immediately sent an email and was sending pm and bbms out.

I love testing (even though its irritating the hell out of Cas again).

I'd love an app with a slimmed down SA, BerryBuzz, and popups.

Popup messages, alerts for important SMS/missed stuff/calendar/and of course custom led. Would bail on peek in a second.

We'll be going out later and Cas will have a sig (darn tmo). Will test sms while out.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Well I was woke up early by Craig who got to steal a few minutes away from the Army. I had his individual email setup to alert me and everything else was off. It worked liked a charm! The calendar alarm went off at the correct time and scared the daylights out of me. I forgot that I had set that up.

I'm going to set up a few more emails to see how it turns out as sson as my phone reboots.I plan on a pinstack one so if someone can pm that would be great to test this out.

BTW.. I really like the new set up. It gives a better understanding of what to do. I liked having the edit profiles button there so I could do everything all at one time instead of backing out and then opening profiles to edit them. I know someone suggested removing it but it just seemd to flow better for me.

SOOOO..if you can do the informative popups.. how about some popups for the emails, sms? I know we've all been asking for this but it would make this much nicer. I got PeekAWho for free for testing it but I would be more than willing to delete it and pay for a Bellshare app that did it whether it was integrated with SmartAlerts or even separate. Obviously it can be done so why not give it a shot?

I love testing for Bellshare. I even setup an alert just for Bellshare emails!
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    With the update will we need to redownload? Will there be a link sent to us or should we check this post on the Stacks???

Just use the same link you used before and re-download it. Say yes to overwrite the existing one. The download should come in pretty quickly and then reboot.

I'd say subscribe to the thread to know if an update is out but then you'd be flooded with all of our posts. It's best to just check back every couple of hours especially in these first few days of testing. Bellshare and pfluger are really quick to respond to us.
    Last edited by Morgase; 04-17-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Got the new one. Still hanging in there. Thanks for the update.

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast