Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Am I the only one that thinks BerryBuzz and SmartAlerts should be one program? I ... BlackBerry News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Am I the only one that thinks BerryBuzz and SmartAlerts should be one program?

I can see the value of SA to anyone that has tons of important things going on, but wouldn't want it without BerryBuzz.

Btw, seems the two together are a stones throw away from something similar (but quite possibly better than) peek@who or messagepeek.

Eh, I'm tired, and I dig this app. Just want a Bellshare produced message/email pop up. Its right there, without the pop up.

Pfluger, its bellshares fault for spoiling me.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Ok first impression is this is both awesome and a bit overwhelming @ same time. I like the options but will this replace the oem profile options
    Yeah, it is quite powerful, we are trying to make it as simple to use as possible though. We will probably add some more guidance.

It does not replace the default profiles. It actually adds to the oem profiles. The oem profiles will trigger for very general events (Any new e-mail, calendar event etc). SmartAlerts allows you to add more specific alerts, like certain sounds for e-mails from certain people or e-mails with a certain content.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks BerryBuzz and SmartAlerts should be one program?

I can see the value of SA to anyone that has tons of important things going on, but wouldn't want it without BerryBuzz.

Btw, seems the two together are a stones throw away from something similar (but quite possibly better than) peek@who or messagepeek.

Eh, I'm tired, and I dig this app. Just want a Bellshare produced message/email pop up. Its right there, without the pop up.

Pfluger, its bellshares fault for spoiling me.
    We try to keep the functionality separate. I think SmartAlerts would be too overwhelming for some people who simply want different LED colors for their e-mails and stuff. BerryBuzz is simpler to set up.

You never know. Maybe SmartAlerts will be adding popups in the future...
    You are welcome to post a list of things you are missing in the other popup apps.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I guess I am gonna have to wait until I become smart enough to figure it out. Maybe my brain is just tired from work,
    What part is getting you confused? Any help we can give?

We need to know what exactly makes the learning curve so steep so we can improve the interface.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    just downloaded it... getting started... will post back with some news...
    i see RED...

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It seems like my bb went quiet on me tonight. No emails or texts. I'm sending emails to myself to test.

I really would like to see popups with this. I would delete my peekawho in a heartbeat. The main reason why I keep it is for the blacklist. I get a lot of junk mail so the filter is nice.

I've got alerts set for a wake up from the calendar in the morning and set up some email alerts. I'm still trying to figure out some other ways to utilize this.

It would be really cool if it interfaced with IM's or instango.

Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    I would love to test this.
    Ransomed
    -Ransomed

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil trembles and says,"Oh No! She's awake!"

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I got the email. Thank you!
    I have BerryBuzz already, thanks for me winning
    I'm switching out my 8830WE for 2 Storms tomorrow.
    So I will DL and try it on them.

(bet it's a great prog, I love BerryBuzz)
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransomed View Post
    I would love to test this.
    Ransomed
    shoot an email to "support (at) bellshare (dot) com"
    with "smart alerts" as your subject
    and put your device name / model and OS you are running in the message body...

i see RED...

Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    shoot an email to "support (at) bellshare (dot) com"
    with "smart alerts" as your subject
    and put your device name / model and OS you are running in the message body...

Already did.
    Thanks
    R.
    -Ransomed

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil trembles and says,"Oh No! She's awake!"

PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive set up multiple filtered alerts for my emails from pinstack... and so far they seem to be working fine... although i quickly realized that if i set them all to 10 second alerts my phone will never stop ringing...

alerts seem to be responding properly with the correct number of vibrations and the correct sound as well as the correct LED color (i have berrybuzz ofcourse)...

here's my question... if we leave filter fields entirely blank, will we receive notification for everything? im doing this setting for sms alerts as i dont get many sms at all...

so far so good... pretty easy interface...

a nice feature to have would be something similar to "slow down led after" in berrybuzz, so that for example yo receive an email at night that was part of a filter that will notify yo every 30 seconds, but youre sleeping and the phone would ring throughout the entire night if you dont respond to it... so something of a feature that gives you the option to "end alerts after" <time options> that can be activated from the last alert?

hope i made sense?
    i see RED...

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    Just sent the email now and patiently waiting.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ive set up multiple filtered alerts for my emails from pinstack... and so far they seem to be working fine... although i quickly realized that if i set them all to 10 second alerts my phone will never stop ringing...

alerts seem to be responding properly with the correct number of vibrations and the correct sound as well as the correct LED color (i have berrybuzz ofcourse)...

here's my question... if we leave filter fields entirely blank, will we receive notification for everything? im doing this setting for sms alerts as i dont get many sms at all...

so far so good... pretty easy interface...

a nice feature to have would be something similar to "slow down led after" in berrybuzz, so that for example yo receive an email at night that was part of a filter that will notify yo every 30 seconds, but youre sleeping and the phone would ring throughout the entire night if you dont respond to it... so something of a feature that gives you the option to "end alerts after" <time options> that can be activated from the last alert?

hope i made sense?
    Yeah it makes arnar to me red. It should have that ability to dwindle if needed.
    Digging deeper and learning more. For instance I love the fact that I can set say just my pinstack emails instead of every email that comes to my PS addy to set off a certain alert!
    Having hard time playing much tonight my 2yr old birthday girl is getting sick 1.5 days befor her party.

As far as combined goes, pfluger has a point. Mt wife and dad both love berrybuzz, but only my wife could come close to figuring this out and getting full use from this program! Dad would not be able to handle it.

Thb

(...)here's my question... if we leave filter fields entirely blank, will we receive notification for everything? im doing this setting for sms alerts as i dont get many sms at all...
    Yes, every field that you leave empty always matches. So if you leave all fields on their default/empty you will get a notification for everything. This would basically replace the default SMS notifcation of your device. So not much sense in doing this...

You will have to be careful configuring such a loose alert rule. The alerts are checked from top to bottom. If one matches no further checks are done.

This allows for some nice advanced stuff... You could create an alert rule that matches items you do not want alerts for. Simply assign it to a muted profile item and move it to the top of the alert rules. (Make sure you have muted the default BlackBerry profile items as those cannot be muted by SmartAlerts.) Ok, I think I am going too far ;-)

hope i made sense?
    Yes, that makes sense.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ok by the way no issues, i like this app, a pop up otion would be great, cuz if i have the option to set an alert for an email with atachment or and specific address, maybe that email is important for me....so a pop up make it better yet.
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast