Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Hehe, I was right! Love it when I gots smarts. Happens all too infrequently. ~via ... BlackBerry News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Hehe, I was right! Love it when I gots smarts. Happens all too infrequently.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    According to the help pop up, you can insert part of an adress, and I believe it ignores any email with that as part of its adress.
    So by that I guess you could set an alert, but for ignoring you'd have to set no tone (or volume to 0) etc.
    I didnt see that. I can only put the partial email address and of course select none for alerts? I'll try that in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    You can have multiple addresses match by separating them using spaces. An address can be anything from a full address to only a part. So you could use @host.com to match a full domain. Or user@ for matching usernames.
    Then you would have to create a rule for all the messages you would like to ignore. Move it up in the list and assign a silent profile. As rules are matched in order this will match and any following rules will be ignored.
    That is cool then. I will have to try this out with one of my least favorite spammers and get back to you.

Another question, how about forwarded messages. If I want an alert for a forwarded message, will it check the entire email and look for certain email addresses that may even be cc'ed within the email to alert you?
    Last edited by ocanyc; 04-17-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Yep. Scans whole address section, whole subject section.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Anybody else have an issue with it locking up your phone. I dunno for sure maybe its interacting with berry-a
    -code. All I know is I have missed 4 calls today because of it..

Any ideas?

Thb

Th, haven't had that issue, although I've only gotten 2 calls today.

(Btw, congrats on poster o'week! Beat me darn it)

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yep. Scans whole address section, whole subject section.
    I'm talking about address sections within the email. Sometimes a forwarded message has several address section within.

In the subject, body or address bar?

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I'm talking about address sections within the email. Sometimes a forwarded message has several address section within.
    You mean multiple addresses in one header field? Like having multiple addresses in the Cc line?
    SmartAlerts will scan all addresses within a header. And it will scan all address headers (From, To, Cc) when set to 'Any Address Field'.

Each single address is compared to every address or address part you specify in the filter.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    You mean multiple addresses in one header field? Like having multiple addresses in the Cc line?
    SmartAlerts will scan all addresses within a header. And it will scan all address headers (From, To, Cc) when set to 'Any Address Field'.

Each single address is compared to every address or address part you specify in the filter.

I'll see if I can explain better with an actual similar example. Say I get these emails work related from a certain area a few times a day. Now say I will only consider these emails important if a certain manager's email address appears in any part of any header in the email. For this example, lets say I'm looking for kmeade@example.org and if it finds it in the email then I would like to get notified. As you can see from example below kmeade@example.org is toward the bottom of the email. Will SA scan the whole email and find it?

Code:
       FYI.....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    To: <dcrane@example.com>
    Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:33
    Subject: Re: W98765432

Some Text

>>> <dcrane@example.com> 4/16/2009 7:58 PM >>>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    To: "Jim Burns" <jburns@example.org>
    Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:44:22 -0400
    Subject: W90934872

Some Text

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:33 PM
    To: Someone
    Cc: Someone
    Subject: Re: W3437382

Some Text

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    That's a good question.
    After reading the recent abilities that same thought struck me but as I don't have a practical need for it, I did not ask.....

Thb

Set that up as a filter, use your blackberry email account to send it to gmailk or whatever else you have. Heck, may try myself.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    I agree with the need to look at multiple headers for an address.....also agree with a previous post that this app would have more oomph if it included BerryBuzz as an integral component.....no problems so far.
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

I just tried every way I could think of. Put it in the address (didn't reakky think it would trip it since its a copy n paste) and in the body. Left address whole and seperated by space, as well as trying just the name in the body, didn't pick it up.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I'll see if I can explain better with an actual similar example. Say I get these emails work related from a certain area a few times a day. Now say I will only consider these emails important if a certain manager's email address appears in any part of any header in the email. For this example, lets say I'm looking for kmeade@example.org and if it finds it in the email then I would like to get notified. As you can see from example below kmeade@example.org is toward the bottom of the email. Will SA scan the whole email and find it?
    The address you are searching for is not part of the mail address headers, but part of the message body. In this case search for the address using "Message Contains". This will search the whole message body.

The problem is that searching the message body you can not search for multiple addresses. You can search for a partial address like @domain.com but you cannot have multiple addresses separate by spaces. In body search multiple words separated by spaces _all_ have to match.

Hope I could make it clear

PS: In your example set "Message Contains" to kmeade@example.org. Leave everything else blank/default.
    Last edited by pfluger; 04-18-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare