Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

I agree Jay. I like the module idea but I'm wondering if there is the ... BlackBerry News forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

I agree Jay. I like the module idea but I'm wondering if there is the possibility of doing both. Each individual app and one great app with all three. Yes the glitches would have to be worked out of them all but it might be easier to put the individual ones out. Later they could focus on the combo app?

So with this last update my Buzz just wouldn't work. I disabled it and I believe that berrypopups is dominating SA. My sms LED is flashing red instead the bright white I had set from SA. When I would get an email, it flashed red instead of Green.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You have some good points jf, and probably that is the most practical view. For me, if they WERE to be coordinated I'd buy the package simply to use the pieces of it I wanted but I don't look so much at what an ap costs as what it will do for me. If it does something I need or want, I'll buy it regardless of the cost. None of these aps is overpriced IMO if they serve my needs. (I may be unusual in that regard.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Oh I can agree with you both. Just kinda giving the history of what's been going on and why they're seperate.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Oh I can agree with you both. Just kinda giving the history of what's been going on and why they're seperate.
    It'll all come out "in the wash" and we'll still respect Bell Share for being the great company it is and sharing the opportunity to beta test their products.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I agree jb. Its the capabilties of the app that make me buy. Not the coolness or the price.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i agree with you all, but im asking for a single one cuz some users ( like me) can get confused with all those setting in diferent app to work togheter, my second point is simple, 3 app make the profiles dropdown menu the largest one i have seen to now....
    think about it you need to set up
    berrybuzz
    berrypop
    smart alerts
    then your profiles
    all of this to have one nice colored led flashing and a pop up showing an email or sms up
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Lol, yeah, profile menu is huge now.

I can go either way.

Like I said, I was just giving what I knew of the history so far.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol, yeah, profile menu is huge now.

I can go either way.
    me too
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    Here is what I have so far. With sms, when you try to open it takes me to the email folder instead of my sms folder. My folders are seperated. When I hit reply then it opens a new sms text. The led color alternates from berrybuzz assigned color to SA assigned color. Not sure if this is whats suppose to happen? The popups after unlocking phone is working good.

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Heck, integrate Berrypopup with Berryweather and when a weather alert comes in it pops up.

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm still having problems with my LEDs also.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Heck, integrate Berrypopup with Berryweather and when a weather alert comes in it pops up.
    i like this ...

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    I installed berry pop up again and now something new just happened. It drained my battery down to 20% in 30 minutes. Lolzzz there's something new. And yes no app was running in the background. I've tried 3 times but the same result any ideas why it does that?

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Regarding the one-app-for-all approach. I can see the point from a users perspective.

From a programmers standpoint though a one-for-all app will lead to even more bugs.

The way it is right now the apps only have to interact using a very light and well defined interface.

Plus, when we add features to the popups in BerryPopups or some features to BerryBuzz all applications will take advantage.

Just imagine we would have the popup implementation in all apps separate. They would all have to have the popup configuration duplicated. And without any interaction you would not see different popup types mixed together. (i.e. if SmartAlerts would have its own popups you would get duplicate popups for all e-mails that match in both apps)

Right now, it would be quite easy to add popup support for BerryWeather with only a few lines of code. And it would take full advantage of all the BerryPopup options and settings without having to duplicate them.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Did quick test and like morg, only opens to email. May be another one of those rim things, dunno.
    Yes, another limitation by RIM.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare