Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

EmaiL sent .. Sounds like a great app ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~... BlackBerry News forum

Magiva no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECA54E

Advertisement

EmaiL sent .. Sounds like a great app
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

amf14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    Do try it, it'll blow your mind
    Tried it but doesn't go well with berrypopup as stated in previous posts... I think smartalerts and berrypopup should be a single app.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by amf14 View Post
    Tried it but doesn't go well with berrypopup as stated in previous posts... I think smartalerts and berrypopup should be a single app.
    Keep in mind both apps are still beta. The whole purpose of these threads is to iron out the wrinkles so they will work together.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok, downloaded the 0.35.48 this morning. Thoughts so far...

Definitely getting warmer on the no popups while in messaging. I have my sms inbox and email inbox seperate and I have it set to not show popups while in messaging, it works in email but it still shows the popup in the sms inbox. Any way to fix that?

The reply feature seems to be getting better as well. When I hit reply on sms though it wants to start a new sms convo with that person though instead of actually replying to the received message. It's getting better though, it's still an improvment over being taken to email instead.

Similar reply issue with email in that it acts like it's replying to the email though it's not bringing the email convo into the new mail like typical reply from the email would.

I'm also watching this version to be a possible memory leak cause, I know none of my other apps have it and today I caught it at 0 bytes so I'm watching it close though I can't be sure yet. Will post and let you know when I figure it out.

Overall it's coming along great, I like the bigger popup window and buttons across the top feature much better. Keep up the good work!

Tucker

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I am almost certain, that when my phone is locked popups dont work. When my phone was unlocked I saw all the popups come in from emails just now. I'll continue watching this and report. So for me so far, I had to disable "content protection" and leave my phone unlocked. Not feeling so secure :/
    We added that "feature" in the last release. BerryPopup is not showing or queuing any messages while the device is locked. There were some issue with the device slowing down when the it is unlocked.
    We will add this as an option.
    Due to OS limitations popups will not be visible while locked though. They will only become visible after you unlock the phone.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

amf14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Keep in mind both apps are still beta. The whole purpose of these threads is to iron out the wrinkles so they will work together.
    Yeah, that's pretty obvious...

I now have both berrypopup and smartalerts installed and I'm not receiving emails..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    It doesn't make sense why having a lot of messages in the folders would effect how those apps work.
    The number of messages in the folders should have no impact on BerryPopup.

BerryPopup registers itself as a 'listener' for new incoming messages. It does not access the mail folders at all.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    Just woke up and only issue I've had so far is after replying to a popup it closes and keeps the message as unread. Anyone else
    I can confirm this is an issue with OS limitations. We do not have access to SMS whatsoever. So no marking as read.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    The number of messages in the folders should have no impact on BerryPopup.

BerryPopup registers itself as a 'listener' for new incoming messages. It does not access the mail folders at all.
    Then I guess I'll file this under "5.0, pain in the butt"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    I turned smart alerts and Berrypopup off and pm'd myself and the LED color was right according to my settings on berrybuzz.

I turned berrypopup back on and my LED went back to the os setting.
    We will look into this. Theoretically BerryPopup should not have any influence on the LED colors...

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    BerryPopUp on slow texts. have sent 3 since turning on. Been 4 mins nothing. With off within seconds.

Edit: turned BerryPopUp off and all sms flooded in.
    How many contacts do you have in your address book? BerryPopup is searching your contacts on every incoming e-mail/SMS, so this could slow it down.

A whole 21.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Question, pfluger......if we are able to reply and/or forward an e-mail, which opens the message in question, why then shouldn't a straight open of the message not be possible when selected?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Question, pfluger......if we are able to reply and/or forward an e-mail, which opens the message in question, why then shouldn't a straight open of the message not be possible when selected?
    I know, ask RIM for that one. We cannot pass any of the message from the inbox to the "show message" function. Just copies, reply and forwarded message.

I do know that after redownloading BerryBuzz it works. SmartAlerts is working as well. If I turn on BerryPopUp led doesn't work.