Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by amf14 A couple of batt pulls and no pop ups when the ... BlackBerry News forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by amf14 View Post
    A couple of batt pulls and no pop ups when the device is locked. Pop up shows if device is on standby only and not locked.
    Just pm myself (thanks again cat) and locked device. No pop. When was this added anyway? Didn't think BerryPopUp did pop while locked.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am almost certain, that when my phone is locked popups dont work. When my phone was unlocked I saw all the popups come in from emails just now. I'll continue watching this and report. So for me so far, I had to disable "content protection" and leave my phone unlocked. Not feeling so secure :/

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Ok, now when I get a popup smartalerts isn't working correctly. Its only giving me one blink and then nothing.
    Reason I'm posting this here is because I wasn't having this problem until I downloaded the new Berrypopup update.

Gah freek, had to say something. I twsted and keep blinking, but BerryBuzz stopped working. Darn it. Jinx.

amf14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The problem with the pop up not showing should be addressed by the developer as it somehow defeats the purpose of the app.

If you read the message using the "Read" icon in the pop up window, the indicators (asterisk and envelope with pin) does not go away too. You still need to open the message right inside the messaging app for the indicators to go away.

I have also observed a slight delay for messages to arrive in my device. Before I installed this app, messages arrives a minute or two earlier in my 8900 than in my Gmail client. With this app installed, it's now the other way around.

Ok working again, and getting only one blink with email pop ups

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Ok working again, and getting only one blink with email pop ups
    Same here until just now. Got an email and my berrybuzz settings have email at red and smartalerts for that paticular email is bright purple. When the email came in it blinked red once then purple and after that it would blink red 2 or 3 times and then purple once and back to red. It would repeat that over and over.

Probably should post this in the smartalerts thread.

Pop ups while locked have been mentioned as has the option to not have them while locked. Personally don't want them while locked, but poping up afterwards.

Can't remember, but don't think messagepeek poped when locked, could have been an option though.

Having delays today as well and attempting to figure it out.

Seems the more messages in either mailbox slows things down. I don't know if its the app or the service this morning.

I have also noticed that the led blinking seems to be affected by this as well. Perhaps Pfluger can give feedback on this later today.

I've deleted all messages and things speed up in both boxes. Not sure how the app works with the sending and receiving. Seems to me itd have almost nothing to do on the receiving side, displaying pop up only after the message has beem received. Although after that the amount of messages in said box could have an effect, but I'm guessing.

Just confirmed amount of messages affects alerts. Had 7 text and wasn't gettin led with BerryPopUp.

Deleted sms messages and led was correct on next. Seems to be same for email.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Jay, are you saying you get the pop-up, but not the BerryBuzz alert with multiple messages?

I'm only using BerryPopup at this point, so just trying to clarify for when I add the other(s).

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I really like the larger box for the popup. Also like having the icons on top other than the fact that you have to scroll all the way back up when you select one if your viewing the email.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Jay, are you saying you get the pop-up, but not the BerryBuzz alert with multiple messages?

I'm only using BerryPopup at this point, so just trying to clarify for when I add the other(s).
    Yep, that's it exactly. Seems that when I have a lot of messages both BerryBuzz and SmartAlerts are cut out of the alert loop. It defaults to the standard OS alert.

Edit:remember I'm on 5.0. Hpoefully someone else can confirm this on another OS. I can replicate so I'm certain its a bug.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yep, that's it exactly. Seems that when I have a lot of messages both BerryBuzz and SmartAlerts are cut out of the alert loop. It defaults to the standard OS alert.
    Your talking about getting a lot of messages simultaneously?

No, cumulative. I'll add that they're all from same address, so if someone can test with same address and multiple would be cool.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Now that you mention it, a little while ago while I was viewing one email 4 more came in and an sms and I didn't know it until I stopped viewing the email.

I was viewing that email in the popup.

And yes 3 of the 4 were from the same address.