~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

richardpike no está en línea Stack level 1
    What themes are avaliable for my storm please ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by richardpike View Post
    What themes are avaliable for my storm please ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    None at the moment. No themes are available as of yet for your device. Why? The new CDK (Theme building tool) is yet to be released or leaked. Please update your profile so we can assist you with any future questions. Till then try to collect some backgrounds and such...frustrating I know but hey that's the price one must pay for having the latest device out there unfortunately
    Last edited by raton; 01-27-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I have a lot apps installed making my available memory little. Battery pulling became a daily thing. About a month ago I deleted all aftermarket themes and used only bb preinstalled themes with my picture background. I haven't pulled the battery since. Until yesterday after I give one of the themes from the list a try. Couple of hours after installing the theme, memory dropped to zero. I deleted it. Now almost 24hrs later still no problem. That's with some of the apps like Viigo that uses a lot of memory.

The conclusion if your memory runs down to zero. Don't delete your useful apps, rather try deleting the aftermarket themes.

Keep in mind that when you close a program they don't run in the background, but a theme is your home page and runs consistently.

RIM puts in a lot of research in designing a theme. That's why theirs work better. Its common sense.

If the standard themes bores you, try using your own background picture. Pics are installed on your memory card and require no phone memory.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post

RIM puts in a lot of research in designing a theme. That's why theirs work better. Its common sense.
    True....there is alot of time that goes into their themes....but then again their designers get paid to design and test them....that the BIG DIFFERENCE here

but not everything that is released by a big company is perfect......i mean look at Windows....Microsoft is one of the largest companies in the world and they still can't release perfect products.....not all themes eat up memory.....for example I have one on my Bold that I created for someone and I dont have any issues....not saying my themes are flawless....just saying that Theme designers here at PinStack due their best to release a quality product that wont damage or affect your BB in anyway.....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    True Ice, even Bolds Precision silver theme has a flaw in it. Just try to choose themes that do not have a lot of kb's that can slow your BB down.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-28-2009 at 08:03 PM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    And, rims themes are quite simple, meaning they do not use alot of memory, that's why I suggest not downloading themes that are high in kb's. A theme that is around 350kb will run faster and smoother than one that is 900kb.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-28-2009 at 08:04 PM.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    And, rims themes are quite simple, meaning they do not use alot of memory, that's why I suggest not downloading themes that are high in kb's. A theme that is around 350kb will run faster and smoother than one that is 900kb.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe when I get the 8900 curve I can stop worry about the memory isue.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    This just came across my mind as I woke up this morning lol

How about the fellow theme creators work together on creating a customizable "Pinstack" based theme for the community? Sounds good eh? Lol I wouldn't mind having a Pinstack look a like theme on my Curve.

~via Blackberry smartphone~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. THEME
    Refback This thread
    05-09-2010, 04:29 AM