Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Originally Posted by frisco49ers Not liking that it won't work in Canada........... OH well!! maybe ... BlackBerry News forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by frisco49ers View Post
    Not liking that it won't work in Canada........... OH well!! maybe soon.
    Don't you just love that? Even their main site, if you're from Canada, they tell you to go stick a igloo up sideways some place not too nice. I definitely would recommend Last.fm for a good personalized radio, which actually has an iPhone client, but no BlackBerry client that will stream your personalized music tastes. Flipside.fm is a great tool for scroblng (their term) songs to personalize your listening tastes. I just hope a client comes out that will stream our personalized radio stations back to us soon.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    On their website it explains in their FAQ that the inability to use in Canada has to do with licensing restrictions for use outside the US, see more here.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    On their website it explains in their FAQ that the inability to use in Canada has to do with licensing restrictions for use outside the US, see more here.
    Its kinda a bunch of B.S. Az as Last.fm has been doing it for a the longest time as I'm sure other sites have too. I really am getting tired of these great products and services that come out but don't seem to care about us Canadians.

creekboi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey stackers try www.iheartradio.com its all fm stations across the world its free for all blackberry iphones and most smart phones its awesome I downloaded it two days ago and love it...

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So some of you might gave read my earlier post about my network not supporting the stream even though I have all proper system and carrier. I went and played with the application permissions in advanced options and set them all to allow and now it works great! Not sure if I now left myself at risk but it is working great, just something for people with trouble to think about.

Daywalker44 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Tunnel error's information.

Quote Originally Posted by chinoxs203 View Post
    i already have a pandora account so i used that button and put in my email and password just sat saying signing in......

i checked the permissions for for the connections and they all are set to allow.

i do get "Unexpected network error occured: Tunnel failed while checking licensing" when i first start the app everytime..

i have my APN settings in also
    U/N= WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    PW= CINGULAR1

If your in the US and use AT&T you must make sure that you obviously have a full blackberry data plan with your carrier, and more likely BE SURE YOU ARE IN A DATA COVERAGE AREA. In other words if you are only in a "edge" no "internet" data coverage area than you will receive the Network errors that seem to be so common. You must be in an EDGE or 3G coverage area in order to use pandora.

I had this problem and couldn't figure out what the heck was going on because I was also connected to wifi so theoretically that shouldn't have been an issue for me. I even disabled my network connection and tried to use Pandora via wifi only to no avail. Apparently, the Pandora app in the early stage that it is in is not coded to check for a wifi connection before it attempts to connect and/or login via your cell phone network connection.

So all I can say is that as of the current app version just be sure that your in a full internet data coverage area (*uppercase* "EDGE" and 3G for AT&T users) and you shouldn't experience the tunnel network errors.

Hope this helps everyone!!!

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by camerr55 View Post
    .. I went and played with the application permissions in advanced options and set them all to allow and now it works great! Not sure if I now left myself at risk but it is working great, just something for people with trouble to think about.
    Thank you for the heads up!

I was not able to receive calls while streaming, but after reading your post and playing with the permissions now I am!

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    How many stations have you guys added so far? I have 10 right now and one of them I added was just 80's
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by tiascurve66 View Post
    How many stations have you guys added so far? I have 10 right now and one of them I added was just 80's
    I have well over 30 stations. I have been a desktop Pandora user since it came out years ago. Everything loaded up on the BB app smoothly!

You should try it out on the desktop...with more features there it's even better!

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8cop View Post
    Why don't T-mobile get any love...
    The service works fine here on T-mobile here in Savannah, GA.

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jfpannone View Post
    Thank you for the heads up!

I was not able to receive calls while streaming, but after reading your post and playing with the permissions now I am!
    Glad to see you finally got that issue worked out! Oddly enough I didn't have to fiddle with a thing, it worked fine right from the start.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMile View Post
    Glad to see you finally got that issue worked out! Oddly enough I didn't have to fiddle with a thing, it worked fine right from the start.
    Me too. Wonder what Pandora's got against the 8310?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional
    I dunno, I downloaded it and signed in and it works just fine for me with no tinkering at all. I'm using an 8310 on ATT.

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc
    Works on my sprint 8330!

PIN/ID
    ask
    Maybe it was an issue with OS 4.5.0.110 in combination with 8310? who knows...I'm just happy it's working now

By the way, I sent Pandora an email inquiring about the bit rate of songs streaming to our devices. For the audiophile in you stackers, here are the results:

------
    For all supported BB devices on all carriers:
    40K AAC Mono
    ------

Not too bad. When I hook up in my car, I can hear a difference in quality, but simply having pandora for my morning/afternoon commute makes up for the rest. Not to mention, it sounds great from the BB speaker and my wired headphones.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast