Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Ok so I've heard and seen so many situations with getting the .141 on the ... BlackBerry News forum

zalesi07 Guest

Advertisement

Ok so I've heard and seen so many situations with getting the .141 on the Storm.

They are all the same thing and I came across the most common one...(now to get to the point).

I uninstalled, re-loaded, wiped, and re-stored everything both on my blackberry and computer. I even Downgraded from .131 (I've been trying so much that now I'm not even sure if that's the one I had!)

Blackberry Desktop Software 4.7
    Current OS .75
    Trying to install .141

Now, I've deleted the vendor file and clicked on Loader.exe But nothing.

It just doesn't get it. I don't understand what I am doing wrong lol.

Can anyone help? I'll be on all night trying to figure it out as well...

Thanks in advance

zalesi07 Guest

Crucial extreme_Crackberry Moderator post helped

Ok so I was browsing every where fo the answer but I just noticed this post...

Moderators, Please delete this posting asap if violates any of the website rules, I simply feel that this post though it was on another website will help with this situation... thank you! =]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problem lies in the new Desktop Manager's automatic "Check for Updates" feature. This feature uses your internet connection to look for OS updates for your device from your carrier. When it does this it loads a second virtual vendor.xml file in the temp folder on your computer (Vista users look in C:\Users\Username\appdata\virtualstore.) So, even after you delete the normal one that is installed with the OS and Desktop Manager, the automatic "check for updates" feature loads another one based on the brand of device you've got plugged into the PC.

To prevent this from happening this you need to install Desktop Manager WITHOUT this Automatic Update service. Below are the steps to remove this service.

1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
    3. When prompted, hit "Next" and then you should get options for Modify, Repair, or Remove. Choose "Modify."
    4. On DM 4.7 and higher, in the list of installed items, you should see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Click the icon next to it and change it to "This feature will not be available." That should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." If you are using DM 4.6 or lower and don't see this option in this list then just continue with the install and the installation will ask you a few screens later. A screen will be shown where you will be asked to check the boxes for:

A) "Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts."
    B) "Create a shortcut for BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the Windows Desktop."
    C) "Check for software updates."

Be sure number 3, "Check for software updates," is NOT checked.

5. Finish the installation.

(Note: If you're doing a fresh install of Desktop Manager, be sure and choose the "Custom" install button so that you get the prompt for what features you want installed. Otherwise all the features will be installed as normal and you'll likely run into this issue.)

Once that is complete, you'll need to go back and search your computer for vendor.xml. When you do the search, make sure you click on "Advanced Options" and make sure that you search Hidden files and folders. This is important as some operating systems create a virtual store in the temp folder that this vendor.xml file is located in. You will not find this particular vendor.xml if you don't have hidden files/folders selected for search. Once the hidden vendor.xml is deleted it won't come back if you've reinstalled Desktop Manager without the Automatic Update Feature enabled.

Now, make sure your OS is installed (you may need to install the OS again, if you actually remove Desktop Manager and then reinstall Desktop Manager again. Make sure that you delete the normal vendor.xml file LAST before updating the device.

Tip of the day: Desktop Manager is not even required for doing an OS upgrade. In the same folder as the vendor.xml file is a file called Loader.exe. Running that will run apploader without Desktop Manager. It still makes the full backup and restore, but without all the DM stuff running in the background. I use this for all my OS upgrades. Then later I connect to DM to start my BES activation.-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crucial_Extreme (crackberry.com moderator post)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/wh...l-file-120048/

dymin30 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have a question....my html isnt working on the email in my storm. any suggestions as to why?

zalesi07 Guest
    Is html enabled on you storm? Message>options>email settings
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

THERES NO OPTION FOR ME TO SET THE EMAIL SETTINGS....EMAIL SETTINGS ISNT EVEN ONE OF THE OPTIONS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dymin30 View Post
    THERES NO OPTION FOR ME TO SET THE EMAIL SETTINGS....EMAIL SETTINGS ISNT EVEN ONE OF THE OPTIONS
    OK, don't yell When you go to messages/menu/options please list what options you do have.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

general options. email settings, email reconciliation, spell check and s/mime

general options. email settings, email reconciliation, spell check and s/mime

OK so email settings is one of the options. In there is where you can check to see if HTML is enabled. If you don't see it, then list what the options are in there
    Twitter? My Apps List

mail services, confirm delivery, confirm read and send read receipts

Try a battery pull and see if the option shows up afterwards.
    Twitter? My Apps List

ok hold one second but i dont think it will .;....i tried that

it didnt work

tschace no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    305646BB
    Maybe it's just me...but there is probably a better place to have that discussion than in the Beta discussion thread. Ten posts about your HTML in e-mail is kind of a threadjack.

i could think of alot of things i would like to jack them a thread........being that im not used to posting or where to ask these types of questions, i should be afforded one mistake......the person that was helping me had no issues with it so why should you? to me it seemd to have been a waste for you to even say anything being that youre not the one helping me.....

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    it didnt work
    dymin, have you tried resending your service books?