Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by thechadj odd problem within 12 hours of loading up 132. My right ... BlackBerry News forum

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    odd problem within 12 hours of loading up 132. My right side convenience key is now acting as the blackberry (menu) key. the down Volume key is now acting as a left convenience key. Both the volume up and the left side convenience keys are operating as they should. I really hope it is a glitchy OS and not a hardware problem. I really dont want to have to exchange my storm. I have had this since day 1. Any one else experience any issue with this?
    thanks
    regards
    cHAd

I had the same problem the other week on 132, i thought it was just my phone because i had it out in the heat for a while. I did a battery pull and then the phone started in safe mode as if I were holding the escape key down booting up. I did another battery pull and all was good, didn't happen again. Now im running 141 and havent had any problems yet. That was the only thing that has been buggy with my phone while doing this betas...
    -Josh

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    I had the same problem the other week on 132, i thought it was just my phone because i had it out in the heat for a while. I did a battery pull and then the phone started in safe mode as if I were holding the escape key down booting up. I did another battery pull and all was good, didn't happen again. Now im running 141 and havent had any problems yet. That was the only thing that has been buggy with my phone while doing this betas...

I downgraded my OS to the official 122. I have done a couple battery pulls since but still the buttons are all screwed. Would you suggest trying to boot the phone in "safe Mode" . how would i force it into doing this if you feel this is a suggestible option. at least I am not alone. I feel a lot better now.
    thanks
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    I downgraded my OS to the official 122. I have done a couple battery pulls since but still the buttons are all screwed. Would you suggest trying to boot the phone in "safe Mode" . how would i force it into doing this if you feel this is a suggestible option. at least I am not alone. I feel a lot better now.
    thanks
    regards
    cHAd
    when your booting up the phone, hold down the escape key for a while (30 seconds or so) - I accidentily stubled upon this a while ago lol

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    what os did you have before installing 141?
    i went from .65 to .75 to .90 . thought i had .99 in there for a bit then .109 then to official bell .122 then 132 (horrible on my phone) then to .141. think i might keep this last one for a bit. the only small issue i had at first was facebook wasn't loading and internet was loading . pulled battery and it seems to be ok now.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    grrrr to the locking issue....cod file here i come
    Last edited by rabbie303; 05-02-2009 at 05:53 AM.
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

Toochief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A007B0
    Dean,

I'm still not having any luck. WHat is the best way to completely remove all backberry items from my computer and start fresh?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toochief View Post
    Dean,

I'm still not having any luck. WHat is the best way to completely remove all backberry items from my computer and start fresh?
    go to add/remove software on your pc and look for device software. remove it from there.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    go to add/remove software on your pc and look for device software. remove it from there.
    Hope this works for you
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Dean,

A free program, Revo Uninstaller will take it ALL out.
    Add/remove in windows takes about 80% of it out.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

PIN/ID
    31A007B0
    I deleted everything and reloaded 4.7 desktop and .141. After three weeks of dealing with this, I'm glad to say I finally loaded it! Thank you to all of you for your patience and help.

Now, at the risk of irritating all of you, I must ask.....Whats the big deal? I don't see to much difference between .141 and .75? You guys are much more versed on this than I so I'm sure I'm missing important internal stuff but I really don't see much difference at all except that it does go from portrait to landscape a bit smoother and faster. Other than that - what improved?

I deleted everything and reloaded 4.7 desktop and .141. After three weeks of dealing with this, I'm glad to say I finally loaded it! Thank you to all of you for your patience and help.

Now, at the risk of irritating all of you, I must ask.....Whats the big deal? I don't see to much difference between .141 and .75? You guys are much more versed on this than I so I'm sure I'm missing important internal stuff but I really don't see much difference at all except that it does go from portrait to landscape a bit smoother and faster. Other than that - what improved?
    Just to name a few, the battery life is better, camera speed and stability, qweryt keyboard in portrait, way better selection of text, virtually no random reboots(.75 had a lot). There's actually a lot of things but I'm glad you got it working!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I actually found more of a memory leak, and significantly worse battery life than .132, I'm reverting as I type this...

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I actually found more of a memory leak, and significantly worse battery life than .132, I'm reverting as I type this...
    Moto...Moto...Moto....

I'm guessing that memory leak may be tied to the drinks that you have on the lawn mower?

And I'm pretty sure that the battery life is directly related to jump starting the mower with the BB
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Moto...Moto...Moto....

I'm guessing that memory leak may be tied to the drinks that you have on the lawn mower?

And I'm pretty sure that the battery life is directly related to jump starting the mower with the BB
    Hahahah, funny boy. Too rainy here to mow. When it stops and I actually get to mow, it's gonna be a LOT of bags of grass. Way too long to mulch.

Anyway, .132 is back on. When I went to 141 I noticed a little slow down, but it didn't seem like much. But now after going back, 132 is quite a bit faster. I was dipping down to 14-18 MB of free memory. At 18 I would lose data and have to battery pull.

PIN/ID
    31A007B0
    I understand now. My pod caster is not working - I guess that is due to the beta uprade. Thanks for the discussion guys. I learn much from all of you.