Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Toochief Click here to view what I am talking about. http://goview.com/?id=4abf7ce8-1e43-...a-5a6e8a62cc5c you ... BlackBerry News forum

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Toochief View Post
    Click here to view what I am talking about.

http://goview.com/?id=4abf7ce8-1e43-...a-5a6e8a62cc5c
    you dont need to run as admin, tell me what folders you have listed under c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files
    also, you might need to right click the installer (141) and run as administrator. I dont think 141 is truely installed on your computer or it isnt located where its supposed to be- this is what I think is the problem

Trongod no está en línea Stack level 3
    24hrs later and .141 for 9530 is out.

4.7.0.141 for Storm 9530
    STORM 9530 OS 4.7.0.122v3.5h

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    odd problem within 12 hours of loading up 132. My right side convenience key is now acting as the blackberry (menu) key. the down Volume key is now acting as a left convenience key. Both the volume up and the left side convenience keys are operating as they should. I really hope it is a glitchy OS and not a hardware problem. I really dont want to have to exchange my storm. I have had this since day 1. Any one else experience any issue with this?
    thanks
    regards
    cHAd

P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I didn't experience any of that with .132 Chad....

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    .141 is actually pretty smooth, the accelerometer is kinda slow, but everything else seems to be rock solid....

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    I'm running .141 / 5.0 hybrid.... not really seeing much improvement...

I'm even upgrading from the os before .132 - Just give me an official or some really nice 100% world altering Beta OS pleaseeeee vzw + rim!

edit- I SUPPOSE apps are loading faster...however for some reason when I upgraded... everything on my phone except app settings\permissions and my os info remained intact... didnt have to redownload ANYTHING even the theme i was running when i upgraded was still active....

any thoughts???
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Im just really not impressed with the OS's and the Storm....

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBlick View Post
    for some reason when I upgraded... everything on my phone except app settings\permissions and my os info remained intact... didnt have to redownload ANYTHING even the theme i was running when i upgraded was still active....

any thoughts???
    that's the way it's supposed to work...all my os upgrades are like that(except for a couple of times when the loader didn't replace my backup and i had to do it manually)
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    anyone noticing the hourglass getting a lot of playtime with .141? Maybe cause I just installed it 15 hrs ago and its still new, but that hourglass is annoying me....
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

imafireman641 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So....I just D/L .141 and i gotta say this is as close to perfect as i have seen yet. minimal lag, camcorder and camera load quickest yet, browser is fast , rotation is fast; with ap news, callsblocker ,easy button, epocrates medical (big program), facebook, google maps,google sync, missing light, quick pull, storm lock and 3 themes, I'm still pushing 25-32 mb after a few hours . I'm finally happy with this phone!! i have had this thing since day 1 and i gotta say my patience was wearing thin. it still amazes me that one os can work great for one phone and be a disaster for the next.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by imafireman641 View Post
    So....I just D/L .141 and i gotta say this is as close to perfect as i have seen yet. minimal lag, camcorder and camera load quickest yet, browser is fast , rotation is fast; with ap news, callsblocker ,easy button, epocrates medical (big program), facebook, google maps,google sync, missing light, quick pull, storm lock and 3 themes, I'm still pushing 25-32 mb after a few hours . I'm finally happy with this phone!! i have had this thing since day 1 and i gotta say my patience was wearing thin. it still amazes me that one os can work great for one phone and be a disaster for the next.
    what os did you have before installing 141?

Toochief no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A007B0
    Dean, I have three files in the loader folders: (1) 8330-v4.3.0.127_P3.1.0.72 (2) 8330-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51 and (3) 9530-v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hmmm, I realize 132 is quickly becoming yesterdays news, but may still be relevant for some.

Ran into two things over the last day or so with .132 and I need an opinion, are these OS bugs, or is my storm getting ready to crap out? Here's the issue(s):

1. Occasionally, we'll say every 4th picture or so, when I press the shutter and it reaches the step to save the photo, I get a lockup/reboot

2. Occiassionaly, again we'll say every 3rd time or so, when I insert the headphones (OEM if it makes any difference) I get a reboot.

Coincidence that the camera button and headphone jack are on the same side of the board? Anyone else see this with 132?

Obviously the best way to test this is to just toss 141 in the phone but it will be a few days until I can get to my home PC and try it, just gathering prelim opinions, see if anyone else has seen this and what the outcome was.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Hmmm, I realize 132 is quickly becoming yesterdays news, but may still be relevant for some.

Ran into two things over the last day or so with .132 and I need an opinion, are these OS bugs, or is my storm getting ready to crap out? Here's the issue(s):

1. Occasionally, we'll say every 4th picture or so, when I press the shutter and it reaches the step to save the photo, I get a lockup/reboot

2. Occiassionaly, again we'll say every 3rd time or so, when I insert the headphones (OEM if it makes any difference) I get a reboot.

Coincidence that the camera button and headphone jack are on the same side of the board? Anyone else see this with 132?

Obviously the best way to test this is to just toss 141 in the phone but it will be a few days until I can get to my home PC and try it, just gathering prelim opinions, see if anyone else has seen this and what the outcome was.
    strange how these betas(or officials for that matter) act differently on different phones. i haven't had an of the problems that you have reported but i wouldn't lose too much sleep over it till you load another os and have the same problems. i would guess it's os related.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Toochief View Post
    Dean, I have three files in the loader folders: (1) 8330-v4.3.0.127_P3.1.0.72 (2) 8330-v4.5.0.77_P3.2.0.51 and (3) 9530-v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174
    im wondering if your computer/loader is getting confused about your 8330 loader files, you might want to go ahead and uninstall those through control panel and make sure the correct PIN is listed when you do run loader.exe (go to options>status, HTH