Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

it seems pretty legit as of right now, everything is working pretty smoothly. I have ... BlackBerry News forum

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

it seems pretty legit as of right now, everything is working pretty smoothly. I have been running it since it leaked yesterday. few things:[

*starts out with more memory as Cat stated... still holdin pretty well - but time tells with this
    *# 0 and * on phone call are still a little cut off
    *Pictures seem to view/load quicker, camera is pretty solid
    *Transitions are quick, accel. is good

Not sure of much else, all the old features are still there
    One thing that did happen to me, I was watching YouTube app and trying to close it, and for some reason, my screen split in half and did a repeat, meaning that the visual elements rendered incorrectly; wrapped themselves on the screen (I.E. on the home screen, my clock would be moved over to the right side of the screen where the signal meter is and the signal meter would wrap to the left side of the screen with a line down my screen) strange, maybe this happens intermittently and why .125 was ditched as the perfect RC OS
    Last edited by dean0uga; 04-08-2009 at 10:17 AM.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Man, what is with all these teases!!! Official come out already.
    Yeah I'm getting pretty tired of this also. The way things are looking, I would probably end up with a new Pre before I get a new OS for the Storm.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 04-08-2009 at 10:02 PM.

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    Nooooooooooo

Don't abandon us like that.

With all these Official OS's pouring out VZW has got to feel some pressure, at least enough to get a solid Official Release out by months end!

Plus they better hit the gas if they want to pump up public perception of the Storm before the "Storm II" hits
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    hello....my name is catstide.....i am a OSaholic.

i have installed a new frankenberry os and so far it appears to be very solid. i'll give it a go today and let yall know if it's worth the trouble or not. for starters my app memory on 113 booted at 39+mb,on this it boots at 46+mb.....
    everything went well today. there was a pretty good memory leak. ran between 25 and 30 mb most of the day.not a huge deal as the storm runs well with that much available memory.
    i changed the radio to 109...it's supposed to be alot better on memory drain. i'll give it a go for a day and see if it does better.

here are my memory logs for the day.

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

williamsj83 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305845BF
    IM pissed about a Storm 2 and Storm 1 is crappy...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsj83 View Post
    IM pissed about a Storm 2 and Storm 1 is crappy...
    i'm stoked about a storm2. some folks are pizzed but i look at it like RIM is listening to us. people were wanting wifi and they are going to release a 2nd version with wifi. if they didn't do that folks would gripe that they're not listening to what we want.

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i'm stoked about a storm2. some folks are pizzed but i look at it like RIM is listening to us. people were wanting wifi and they are going to release a 2nd version with wifi. if they didn't do that folks would gripe that they're not listening to what we want.

What do you think this new input they are calling "Trupress" will be, will they add an actual keyboard or what... what is TRUEPRESS i want to know since its replacing the Surepress

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsj83 View Post
    What do you think this new input they are calling "Trupress" will be, will they add an actual keyboard or what... what is TRUEPRESS i want to know since its replacing the Surepress
    i have no idea...no keys i'm sure. my guess would be maybe a no clicking screen ....

PIN/ID
    305845BF
    lol well that wouldnt be very original would it.... its suppose to be a technology that only RIM has... maybe you just look at the letter with your eyes and the screen picks it up....lol

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Okay so, I have uploaded the .122 OS to my Verizon 9530 and so far it is quite promising....except for some things...

Accelerometer is near PERFECT, revolving the storm is no tough task for the accelerometer. It catches up on the dime...

Browser (I live in an area with avg. 1-2 service bars) - the browser is reasonably faster compared to other OS' i've used so far; this of course is logging onto pinstack.com under the internet explorer configuration. So this is some heavy usage to load, and it does it very fast...

Typing - typing is flawless, especially if you disable the autotext, and other correction tools that really do not need to be on...

Loading of applications is a little quicker, but an improvement is noticeable...

CONS:
    I was taking to my little lady on bluetooth, and when I went to switch from BT to Handset it made some weird sounds and then had a 503 error reboot...but no worries, the reboot time is literally 1 minute long, if not shorter!!! it is great!!!

Even before the BT issue, After the first battery pull I got a random reboot but nothing bad so far...

Once again though...only time will tell. But until then;

Overall Rating (aside from random reboots) : 9/10

this is avery stable OS; hopefully this helps and I'm not wrong :O
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    well obviously this guy is wrong but the sales guy at the vzw store said today that the official within a week or so will be .109! so i just laughed lol. and also he said that storm II will be out as early as september! that part my be true but idk. come on already vzw and bring us an awesome fast and perfect official!!!! cuz damnit im tired of waitin and i know the rest of the world is too!!! especially us stackers!
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

PIN/ID
    who noze
    Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    well obviously this guy is wrong.
    I don't know what I am wrong about...I clearly stated what I though about the Bell .122 official OS, and said that it was very stable...I suppose you thought I was commenting on the idea that this will be the Verizon Official...? To clear that up, no I wasn't..
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarudude View Post
    I don't know what I am wrong about...I clearly stated what I though about the Bell .122 official OS, and said that it was very stable...I suppose you thought I was commenting on the idea that this will be the Verizon Official...? To clear that up, no I wasn't..
    he was simply stating that the vzw rep was wrong, but said "xxxxx" not you lol. So sensitive!!!

PIN/ID
    who noze
    Well...hahaha...a 'I'm sorry' is in order I believe lol. :O

I made sure to read the comment several times before commenting...haha sorry for the over sensativity
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jaydee no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been running .122 for about a day and it's pretty much the same as the .114 hybrid I was using. Battery life may be a little bit better and the signal I was getting in one particular spot was a little suspect but it seems ok today. Should it be a problem, going back to a previous radio code would be easy.

My question about the Storm 2 is what prices will be offered for current Storm users? VZW hasn't released a really solid updated official OS in some time with the current product and it looks like they are set to offer a new one. I feel a little cheated.