Verizon has just rained blessings from blackberry heaven down upon storm owners who have been ... BlackBerry News forum

Wonnthree no está en línea Stack level 1

Official Release: Verizon OS 4.7.0.148 for Storm

Advertisement

Verizon has just rained blessings from blackberry heaven down upon storm owners who have been tortured to death with .75 since november. Ill let y know later how it goes...enjoy kids.....just go to your wireless upgrade section and go to work.

To get the download over the air/wirelessly, go to Options> Advanced Options > Wireless Updates

If this does not work for you (have seen some reports that the wireless update isn't working) hook up your BlackBerry Storm to Desktop Manager and choose update or go to http://www.blackberry.com/update from your PC
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 06-01-2009 at 02:40 AM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Has anyone installed the update yet? If so how has it been?

rpol8052 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    its great!! everything responds faster!

Les
    Les no está en línea Stack level 3
    Installed .148 the software seems to be smoother and respond quicker. So far so good!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i've been running the leaked beta with two reboots last week (error 523 -- auto reset)

wondering if i should go to the trouble of wiping and updating with the official OS.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i've been running the leaked beta with two reboots last week (error 523 -- auto reset)

wondering if i should go to the trouble of wiping and updating with the official OS.
    Was those still your only two reboots? I still haven't experienced any on the leak.
    -Josh

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, those were the only two .. hasn't happened since.

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    I didnt get the notice for the official update from Verizon but my boyfriend did....weird
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

Supposedly there are differences in the change log. I've noticed slightly worse radio signal, so I am going to update and see if there is any difference. I'll let you know.

wckdclwnz no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got a unlocked storm using tmobile service so i had to use DM to put the new sw on here. since i put it on didnt notice too much other then going through menu seems a little faster and now where u had the half qwerty keyboard u can enable a full keyboard without tilting phone on its side

medleyml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30503A19
    I also have an unlocked Storm on T-Mobile. However you can still get it OTA. All you have to do is go to options>advanced options>wireless update....then it downloaded and installed with no problem! Only problem now is it can't seem to keep EDGE, it keeps reverting back to edge... I had this problem with some of the beta's but will give this a little while and a couple of reboots before I think about reverting back to .75 which seemed to stay locked onto EDGE alot better.

Haas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31200C1A
    yea thats the same issue i had my signal wont stay EDGE keeps going to edge. thats my only issue, which sucks. i wish there was a way around it.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Thumbs up love it

Finally, this is the only upgrade i have ever done to my storm. Everything is a bit faster, i noticed the worst radio signal, but I just dialed *228 and pressed 2 to update cell towers, everything seems a little better I guess..

dymin30 no está en línea Stack level 2
    RADIO ON .148 FOR ME IS AWFUL. ANY UPDATES ON WHETHER THIS HAS BEEN FIXED OR NOT?