Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

i recently purchased the BOLD and ATT has swapped it out 3 times within a ... BlackBerry News forum

jorgevega no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down dropped calls etc.....BOLD

Advertisement

i recently purchased the BOLD and ATT has swapped it out 3 times within a month.i keep getting dropped calls,phone just shuts off and powers up after a while. i have never had any issues with my other curve.another known issue i get when trying to place calls is the infamous doo doo dee doo doo dee sound either while on a call or placing.
    does anyone have a fix for this? im terribly frustrated.....any assistance would be appreciated.you can email me directly;
    lowestrates@att.blackberry.net

regards,

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    applejosh, I'll keep an eye out for your observations on battery life ... I can't seem to find a viable .234 download as of right now. I will keep looking while keeping an eye on this thread.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    .234 is not very good. Problems with video, reboots, dropped calls.

Install .228 instead. A lot better

jorgevega no está en línea Stack level 1
    thx guys.please keep me posted ,also where can i download this 228? im not very saavy....

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I normally check out berrryreview.com (and click 9000 Bold on the right hand side - should show only Bold related items such as OS's found in the wild and other things).
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    .234 is not very good. Problems with video, reboots, dropped calls.

Install .228 instead. A lot better
    For YOUR Bold.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    For YOUR Bold.
    True. There has been discussion about how some OS's work better than others on individual Bolds. Some people have said .210 was the best OS for them (and it worked great for me). Others said .216. Some have been running .228 or .234 without any issues whatsoever. Others had a boat load of problems with one or the other (or both). I don't know if it's a result of 3rd party software, differences between carriers (or even markets within each carrier), etc., but I have not seen a bulletproof consensus on the "best" OS. (Could also be the result of people's preferences (speed versus stability, etc.)) I've been running .234 (again) for about a day and a half. No issues with stability or speed thus far. Just trying to get a good gauge on battery life differences.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Croe no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think a lot of the issue depend on how you load the OS and if you do or do not do a complete wipe before you do it. I also think it may depend on what program you use to do the wipe. I have done a full wipe with JL_Cmder on 2 8310's, 1 8700, 1 Bold and 1 Storm for multiple OS upgrades on each and have never had any issues but OS related as far as battery drain, audio, and such that has all been previously mentioned.

I have always downloaded the leaked OS to my Downloads folder, once downloaded I disconnect from internet connection, go to the control panel and delete the old OS, then connected my BB and wiped it. Oh, one more note....I also always delete the vendor.xml file and loaded the new OS ONLY with Loader.exe located in the Apploader folder in your Research In Motion folder. I also do a full back on the device before wipe, and then once the new OS is loaded fo to BDM and do an advance restore and put all the settings, contacts, etc I want back on. Once everything is back on I can reconnect to the internet.

If you are not doing all of these things that could be the problem...as I said...these are just the procedures I follow and have never had any issues.

-B

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    .234 is working perfectly. Battery life is extended, UI is faster, resarts timed at 28 seconds, super stable, great wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    .234 is working perfectly. Battery life is extended, UI is faster, resarts timed at 28 seconds, super stable, great wifi.
    That's great to hear.

And how the heck did you get your restart time down to 28 seconds? My restart time is still really long.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Ge

Bold

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    For YOUR Bold.
    Yes, I can only speak from my own experiences.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    That's an awesome restart time. I do believe ,now, BBs do take on their own personalities with a lot of elements that come into play.

vvti no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is the normal time to restart a Bold?

Ge
    Seems like a it is over a minute on a normal restart.

Usually takes me 2-3 minutes. Don't think I've ever had anything under 2 minutes. I would love to get that under a minute.

~via smartphone~

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast