Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

I'm going back to the archer6 approved .210. I think I got past my password ... BlackBerry News forum

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I'm going back to the archer6 approved .210. I think I got past my password issues, but I just placed a 20 minute call, and my battery dropped from 85 to 65%. And I'm in an area with 4-5 bars. While I haven't done a whole lot of battery benchmarking, this was a large enough drop for even me to notice. No out of the ordinary apps running. Bummer. I'll try to do a more scientific test later, but maybe on a weekend when the wife is in town and I don't need it as my only link.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

bbcat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2835A200
    I'm operating with the .217 OS for a while now, and the GPS works. I'm with Rogers. ~via smartphone~

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    loving the new OS so far, been running it fir over 7 hours and its much faster and no problems so far...lets pray it stays like that

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    For those that would like to get back their regular voicemail notification icons:

The simplest thing to do is to remove the Visual Voice Mail modules from the installation folders on your computer like this:

1. Goto "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\" and into the folder of the current OS you are running.

2. Navigate to the 'Java' folder and look for these .cod files:

net_rim_bb_vvm.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_alu_http_lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_help__en.cod

(I think the first two should be enough but I added the file that corresponds to my language just to be safe.)

3. Change the extensions of these files to exclude them from being loaded on your device.

4. Close the window.

5. Open up DM and connect your Bold.

6. Allow the DM to remove these modules and ENJOY!

Leave yourself a voice message just to test it out but it worked for me on .234.
    Last edited by snipes mcgee; 02-05-2009 at 03:51 AM.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    With the exception of that one dropped call, .228 has been solid and stable.

Since no one posted information about .234, here is the article

http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-4-6-...lackberry-bold

I am going to install it now and press my luck.

Yahooligan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F4737
    .228 browsing noticeably faster,
    download speed is shocking. Media
    player has the hiccups, last 2 to 5
    seconds of a video file(.wav)won't play .
    Default volume when opening media
    player is loud. Not a problem for me
    just thought last setting would be
    remembered. Battery use seems to
    be about average. Cannot offer any
    opinion on coverage for .228. I live
    in central NJ, always have 3G. I think I
    may go back .210.

.234 has been released into the general public,
    someone call the center for disease control.
    Latest official is .216 which was a nightmare,
    Sent me running back to .210.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I tried .234 and it was a nightmare.... CDC would have ran from that one. .228 is working great for me, no issues so far (1 day). Browsing is faster than 214 which I was on before, but 214 was SOLID for me !

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    What I can't figure out is why no one can fix word wrap in beta or original OS upgrades.
    Also the resolution or rendering lots of websites are still messed up. No way to make fonts large in the browser.
    I increase the size of fonts and it does not change. Column or Page view still a PITA to read.
    ~via smartphone~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven71 View Post
    What I can't figure out is why no one can fix word wrap in beta or original OS upgrades.
    Also the resolution or rendering lots of websites are still messed up. No way to make fonts large in the browser.
    I increase the size of fonts and it does not change. Column or Page view still a PITA to read.
    ~via smartphone~
    I hear ya.. Nothing like having to squint to figure out if I have entered the correct username and password to pinstack. I can handle the small fonts on sites [actually the size i like] but entering fields is brutal.

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    While many are scrambling back to their comfort zone (210) I will be BOLD and make the best of my trip to the CDC.

Everything is working as well as .210 with the exception of Vlingo. It just plain don't! Have a trouble ticket in with them and no answers, only questions.

My eyes are so bad that the occasional word wrap problem just looks a bit out of place.

Good luck all!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven71 View Post
    ~via smartphone~
    Actions speak louder than words. Since we have not heard anything from any source, and RIM has not taken any action to release a fix for this. It seems like it's of little concern to them. While this is no consolation, it appears we will be living with this problem for a long time.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    been running .234 for almost 4 days now and so far i have not had a single problem.

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by marczeffren View Post
    been running .234 for almost 4 days now and so far i have not had a single problem.

Same here, this is a great OS so far!!

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    How is the battery life on .234? I went from .216 to .228 about a week ago and the battery life is the best I've had yet but there's a few little bugs in .228 that are annoying. Still trying out the betas can be fun so I'm going to download .234 and see how it goes.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not sure on the battery life yet. I thought it was draining faster than when I was on .210, but I'll try to stick it out for a few days to get a better gauge. It's noticeably snappier in most things (browsing a little, the picture thumbnails thing by a great deal, eg.) .210 was pretty solid for me. Haven't had many phone calls this weekend (wife is back in town), so I can't comment on the battery life with phone calls.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast