Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by snipes mcgee With .219 mine took 4+ minutes...I've yet to try a ... BlackBerry News forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    With .219 mine took 4+ minutes...I've yet to try a battery pull on .228 though.
    I have .219. 1 min. 27 seconds from restart to fully loaded up. I've only had it for 1 day now. Memory leakage seems a little slower( upgraded from .210). Gives me slightly better 3G coverage in my basement, can't really say on batt life as I didn't spend as much time on it today as normal. I still have the bug in my calander. So far happy with it. The browser also seems a little more snappy with page loading.
    Last edited by BHP77; 01-28-2009 at 07:38 PM.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    alrite people... here's whats up... sorry i havent been around for some time... i just upgraded to .228 and still no gps...

its quite obvious that this is an etisalat thing...

here's my plan...

what if i get the vendor.xml from etisalat's latest release (.162) and replace it with the vendor.xml of the latest beta (.228)??

any suggestions would be awesome at this point...

im in pakistan right now and takes me about 2 hours to download... 30 mins remaining on the .162 etisalat OS and already have the .228

fingers crossed...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    Yes I agree with reddrvgon about the GPS. I upgraded recently to .216 and my GPS has vanished. I am also on the Etisalat network. But I didn't know that Etisalat had some restrictions due to which this occured. Thanks for the update reddrvgon. Did you try the handheld wipe? Did it work?
    blackhawk, has anything worked for you?

kavy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Battery life i terrible on 228 for me went back to 216 for time being till next release.

spudgunnerwryyy no está en línea Stack level 2
    .219 first looks on my bold show faster page loading (compared to .210) and better reception. The media bug blasted my ears out with its loudness
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well peeps it's been 2 days since I went up to .228 and everything is just fine ie battery, GPS, memory, and speed. I have found it to be just as rock solid as 210 was. These upgrades are strange beast in a way that they can be friendly to some and strange to others.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    ...wow .228. I'll have to wait a little bit, before taking that leap.

PIN/ID
    ask me

228 was great for me... tested it for about 3 days... sadly all my attempts to go past the Etisalat barrier have failed... im not a programmer / developer...

if someone can offer me some help on this matter... that would be awesome... untill then im stuck with 162 and waiting for Etisalat to release a better option...

a sad day for my bold...

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    .210 has been working well for me. I'm just hesitant to upgrade to anything barring outstanding, definitive reviews by a large number of people. I wish browsing was a little faster, but I don't know how much of that is a result of the network in my area or the browser. I also wish text boxes on web pages actually did word wrap. That's the most annoying thing in .210 so far (and I can't remember if it was present in any other version I've tried).
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    well, i'm doing the .228 update right now... let's see how things go.

Thanks for the insight.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    .228 works great so far. Only one dropped call. Battery life is good. Browsing is fine. Haven't tested the Media Player. But I rarely use that.

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just got my bold after returning the iphone yesterday and im probably going to port my number from my 8330 Verizon but im running .167 out the box. Should I look for .210 and update?
    VZW STORM 9530

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would upgrade to .210. It's better on memory, and has been solid in stability, etc. The memory and threat of random reboots made me decide to upgrade.

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i upgraded to .228 and all is good so far, except i still have random resets

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by marczeffren View Post
    i upgraded to .228 and all is good so far, except i still have random resets
    I guess, if you consider random resets as "all is good".

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast