Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by OzzieDog I know this is a dumb question and I must have ... BlackBerry News forum

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I know this is a dumb question and I must have been asleep but what is visual voice mail and what is so great about it?
    apart from what the others have said also if im not mistaken it uses up your data and not your mins calling and listening im not sure how it is with the carriers in the states but up in canada they take away from our mins

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing out on something, but why is everyone determined on getting OS releases from their carrier only? Is it that "I don't want it if its not from my carier and for my phone" mentality or are there features that AT&T (or any other carriers) offers that are only available through their releases?

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    because offical firmwares dont void your warranty so some people dont want to risk anything

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    as far as ive heard, only verizon in the US voids your warranty if you have an unofficial OS...
    i see RED...

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Two weeks ago when I called AT&T for replacement number eight some the questions I was asked were, "did I use any third party software that could cause any problems. The big one was " did I use any other operating system than the one that came with the phone". Naturally my answer to all was NO. Hope they can't go back and check some way. O well my two cents. Haven't tried .247 but tempted. Has to be way better than .167.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    But do they actually say it'll void the warranty?

Don't think there's a way for them to go in and see if you've actually changed the OS...

I wish rim would directly supply warranty to consumers, that way we wouldn't have to second guess ourselves while applying new OSs...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    But do they actually say it'll void the warranty?

Don't think there's a way for them to go in and see if you've actually changed the OS...

I wish rim would directly supply warranty to consumers, that way we wouldn't have to second guess ourselves while applying new OSs...
    They peple at the store or the persom who recives the phone won't know, but the person who goes to wipe it and get it ready to be a refurb will see the OS. If that person decides to say anything is up to them.

Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    Heres a peek of what's to come.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    Heres a peek of what's to come.

Lol I got excited when I saw that you were the most recent poster in the thread...

And NOW I'm even more excited . Nice, thanks.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Lol I got excited when I saw that you were the most recent poster in the thread...

And NOW I'm even more excited . Nice, thanks.
    People that know me know I wouldn't photoshop anything. But heres another pic.
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture004.jpg

Works rather well. About ready for Official.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Oh this is awesome! I can't wait. I wonder what major changes are gonna come?

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    They peple at the store or the persom who recives the phone won't know, but the person who goes to wipe it and get it ready to be a refurb will see the OS. If that person decides to say anything is up to them.
    Okay, let me see if I get this right. If I say, use .247 and phone stops responding for whatever reason and needs to be replace while still under warranty if I wipe the unit re-install AT&T .167. When AT&T receives the unit back they will be able to tell if a different OS was used? I am by no means near as smart as some on this site just asking a dumb question. My two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    Okay, let me see if I get this right. If I say, use .247 and phone stops responding for whatever reason and needs to be replace while still under warranty if I wipe the unit re-install AT&T .167. When AT&T receives the unit back they will be able to tell if a different OS was used? I am by no means near as smart as some on this site just asking a dumb question. My two cents.
    I doubt that they'd be able to tell, it's software. If they ask why yo wiped it, you can just say because you thought that would fix it...

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    People that know me know I wouldn't photoshop anything. But heres another pic.
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture004.jpg

Works rather well. About ready for Official.
    That's really good to hear, thanks for the update on that.

I'll be waiting for it to drop.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Good lord!!!

I can't wait for this to drop. RIM had better at least fix the word wrap issues in the browser with it being a major release.

I can't wait!!!

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    hello guys, ill be putting my hands on a bold tomorrow, im with tmobile, i would like to have you all helping me to set up that bad boy, thanks God ill be off tomorrow, ill post tomorrow when i get it
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)