Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 634

Originally Posted by OzzieDog I know this is a dumb question and I must have ... BlackBerry News forum

  1. #556
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    373

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I know this is a dumb question and I must have been asleep but what is visual voice mail and what is so great about it?
    apart from what the others have said also if im not mistaken it uses up your data and not your mins calling and listening im not sure how it is with the carriers in the states but up in canada they take away from our mins

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing out on something, but why is everyone determined on getting OS releases from their carrier only? Is it that "I don't want it if its not from my carier and for my phone" mentality or are there features that AT&T (or any other carriers) offers that are only available through their releases?

    ~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    because offical firmwares dont void your warranty so some people dont want to risk anything

  3. #558
    reddrvgon's Avatar
    reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    6,417
    as far as ive heard, only verizon in the US voids your warranty if you have an unofficial OS...
    i see RED...

  4. #559
    OzzieDog's Avatar
    OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    179
    Two weeks ago when I called AT&T for replacement number eight some the questions I was asked were, "did I use any third party software that could cause any problems. The big one was " did I use any other operating system than the one that came with the phone". Naturally my answer to all was NO. Hope they can't go back and check some way. O well my two cents. Haven't tried .247 but tempted. Has to be way better than .167.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  5. #560
    reddrvgon's Avatar
    reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    6,417
    But do they actually say it'll void the warranty?

    Don't think there's a way for them to go in and see if you've actually changed the OS...

    I wish rim would directly supply warranty to consumers, that way we wouldn't have to second guess ourselves while applying new OSs...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    PIN/ID
    Apple
    Posts
    1,749
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    But do they actually say it'll void the warranty?

    Don't think there's a way for them to go in and see if you've actually changed the OS...

    I wish rim would directly supply warranty to consumers, that way we wouldn't have to second guess ourselves while applying new OSs...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    They peple at the store or the persom who recives the phone won't know, but the person who goes to wipe it and get it ready to be a refurb will see the OS. If that person decides to say anything is up to them.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  7. #562
    Crucial's Avatar
    Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    43
    Heres a peek of what's to come.



  8. #563
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    Heres a peek of what's to come.


    Lol I got excited when I saw that you were the most recent poster in the thread...

    And NOW I'm even more excited . Nice, thanks.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  9. #564
    Crucial's Avatar
    Crucial no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Lol I got excited when I saw that you were the most recent poster in the thread...

    And NOW I'm even more excited . Nice, thanks.
    People that know me know I wouldn't photoshop anything. But heres another pic.
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture004.jpg

    Works rather well. About ready for Official.

  10. #565
    Capdot's Avatar
    Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,958
    Oh this is awesome! I can't wait. I wonder what major changes are gonna come?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  11. #566
    OzzieDog's Avatar
    OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    They peple at the store or the persom who recives the phone won't know, but the person who goes to wipe it and get it ready to be a refurb will see the OS. If that person decides to say anything is up to them.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Okay, let me see if I get this right. If I say, use .247 and phone stops responding for whatever reason and needs to be replace while still under warranty if I wipe the unit re-install AT&T .167. When AT&T receives the unit back they will be able to tell if a different OS was used? I am by no means near as smart as some on this site just asking a dumb question. My two cents.

  12. #567
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    Okay, let me see if I get this right. If I say, use .247 and phone stops responding for whatever reason and needs to be replace while still under warranty if I wipe the unit re-install AT&T .167. When AT&T receives the unit back they will be able to tell if a different OS was used? I am by no means near as smart as some on this site just asking a dumb question. My two cents.
    I doubt that they'd be able to tell, it's software. If they ask why yo wiped it, you can just say because you thought that would fix it...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  13. #568
    snipes mcgee's Avatar
    snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial View Post
    People that know me know I wouldn't photoshop anything. But heres another pic.
    http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture004.jpg

    Works rather well. About ready for Official.
    That's really good to hear, thanks for the update on that.

    I'll be waiting for it to drop.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

  14. #569
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    Good lord!!!

    I can't wait for this to drop. RIM had better at least fix the word wrap issues in the browser with it being a major release.

    I can't wait!!!

    ~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  15. #570
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    3,242
    hello guys, ill be putting my hands on a bold tomorrow, im with tmobile, i would like to have you all helping me to set up that bad boy, thanks God ill be off tomorrow, ill post tomorrow when i get it
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •