Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

.247 seems ok till now, however i still have to make a restart every 1-2 ... BlackBerry News forum

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

.247 seems ok till now, however i still have to make a restart every 1-2 days cause it slows down!

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm going to reload .247 tonight, I've been having an hour glass regularly now for 3 days, also had to do at least one re boot a day now. I've also been loading and deleting a lot of apps. That may have a little to do with it. Also having the UI freeze momentarily before the cursor moves. It strange, this has been very,very stable for almost a month now.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think that just like with windows, if you install and remove a lot of apps... They're bound to leave traces and slow you down...

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    The one and ONLY thing I want RIM to address is the browser with any future OS updates. It would be nice to stay current and be let in on 5.0 when it hits but if we get some attention to our browser I couldn't care less about much else. Tabbed browsing would be nice, even if we have to render all tabs as either column or page but really...fix the effing word wrap already!!!

Sorry guys...didn't mean to start ranting OT in the OS thread, it just really bugs me.

.247 is going great so far but its been less then 24 hours so I can't comment on any issues others are running into after 2 or 3 days.

I was able to hold off on updating until now after installing the .210 beta so unless something bigger comes about I might just wait until I see a browser update or two announced before doing much else.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    I completely agree! While it has improved, it's still a joke as far smartphone browsers go.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    The one and ONLY thing I want RIM to address is the browser with any future OS updates. It would be nice to stay current and be let in on 5.0 when it hits but if we get some attention to our browser I couldn't care less about much else. Tabbed browsing would be nice, even if we have to render all tabs as either column or page but really...fix the effing word wrap already!!!

Sorry guys...didn't mean to start ranting OT in the OS thread, it just really bugs me.

.247 is going great so far but its been less then 24 hours so I can't comment on any issues others are running into after 2 or 3 days.

I was able to hold off on updating until now after installing the .210 beta so unless something bigger comes about I might just wait until I see a browser update or two announced before doing much else.

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Has AT&T officially released .247 yet?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Checked on the latest OS blog a few days ago, nothing there on Att... U may wanna check again...

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Maybe I'm missing out on something, but why is everyone determined on getting OS releases from their carrier only? Is it that "I don't want it if its not from my carier and for my phone" mentality or are there features that AT&T (or any other carriers) offers that are only available through their releases?

VisualVoiceMail should come VERY shortly after ATT releases an OS that supports it...

Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing out on something, but why is everyone determined on getting OS releases from their carrier only? Is it that "I don't want it if its not from my carier and for my phone" mentality or are there features that AT&T (or any other carriers) offers that are only available through their releases?

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I know this is a dumb question and I must have been asleep but what is visual voice mail and what is so great about it?

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I know this is a dumb question and I must have been asleep but what is visual voice mail and what is so great about it?
    From what I've read, it allows you to see the messages listed out visually, and then pick only the ones you want to listen to. So if you have 5 voicemails sitting in your voicemail box, but only the last one is one you care about at this particular time, you can pull up visual voicemail, scroll down to the last message (I'm guessing it will show the phone number / name that left it), and only listen to it rather than have to wade through the other 4 less important messages. At least that's how I understand it.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I dunno...even if I was with AT&T it doesn't sound like anything much to get excited about. I'd much rather be able to stay more up to date with OS releases web-wide then wait for and be stuck with a release for a single feature.

I guess not veryone has the same priorities but generally those of us interested in beta OS releases typically aren't the type to wait for our carrier to put out a version of their own.

No hard feelings though everyone, to each their own.

Once you've used it you find voicemail to be nothing short of a PITA. I hate old fashioned voicemail so much I don't even listen to messages anymore. This is one of the VERY few aspects of the iphone that I really do miss....

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Checked on the latest OS blog a few days ago, nothing there on Att... U may wanna check again...
    I did, nothing still. Its taking them too long

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    From what I've read, it allows you to see the messages listed out visually, and then pick only the ones you want to listen to. So if you have 5 voicemails sitting in your voicemail box, but only the last one is one you care about at this particular time, you can pull up visual voicemail, scroll down to the last message (I'm guessing it will show the phone number / name that left it), and only listen to it rather than have to wade through the other 4 less important messages. At least that's how I understand it.
    It also allows you to download the message and listen to it through the media player rather than dialing your mailboxml. Along with that it should also give an abstract of atleast 25 words of the message to read.