Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

considering that there are no new devices on the horizon at the moment... the storm ... BlackBerry News forum

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

considering that there are no new devices on the horizon at the moment... the storm and the bold being the latest, id really hope that we're part of the 5.0 upgrade...

after all, older devices were graced with 4.5, dont we deserve some extra love?
    i see RED...

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    considering that there are no new devices on the horizon at the moment... the storm and the bold being the latest, id really hope that we're part of the 5.0 upgrade...

after all, older devices were graced with 4.5, dont we deserve some extra love?
    Yea I was thinking that also after reading the 9630 review over at Crackberry. They noted the similarities between 4.7.x.x on the Storm and 9630 and 4.6.x.x on the 8900 and Bold and talked about the probability of all new 4.6 OSes and up being moved straight to OS 5.0.

Very interesting to say the least.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Yea I was thinking that also after reading the 9630 review over at Crackberry. They noted the similarities between 4.7.x.x on the Storm and 9630 and 4.6.x.x on the 8900 and Bold and talked about the probability of all new 4.6 OSes and up being moved straight to OS 5.0.

Very interesting to say the least.
    Yes, that would be interesting for the BOLD to get beta 5.0. I say beta because you know it would take service providers eons to get on board with 5.0.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Yes, that would be interesting for the BOLD to get beta 5.0. I say beta because you know it would take service providers eons to get on board with 5.0.
    Yea, for real... at least for NA Carriers. We're all still waiting for AT&T to replace .167 and it's been about, what, 6 months now?
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    We may see a few more but I think reds right, I don't think we'll make it to .300. 5.0 looks to be on the horizon so let's hope RIM fixes the known issues that they haven't addressed with that and also a better browser. That's the only thing I like about the Iphone(did I just say that), I would like to be able to view multiple sites without having to leave where I'm at on one to load another. My question is, are we going to be able to load 5.* on our devices or is it going to be for just the latest devices. I hope they don't leave us Bold owners out of the loop.
    I doubt they will leave the Bold users out have you seen 8100 with 4.5 and 5.0 will come to all the current(8900, 9000, 95xx, 82xx) devices its just because of BES going to 5.0 soon

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    With all the "official 4.6" release and beta's for the Bold, what is going to make 5.0 any better? From what I have read here no two phone handle the operating systems the same way. My two cents.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    What I would like is a browser upgrade. I like the UI of 4.6, very clean. The Browser is what needs work. There's no reason that RIM can't come out with a browser with some of the features of safari. For one, the ability of "tab" browsing. I don't mind that some sites are mobile as most render well.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    With all the "official 4.6" release and beta's for the Bold, what is going to make 5.0 any better? From what I have read here no two phone handle the operating systems the same way. My two cents.
    The 81xx 83xx and 88xx all support 4.5 so it will go the same with the newer devices

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I remember having this discussion last year with GeneKam about how usually devices go through a 2 updates cycle or something like that. Basically wot im saying is EXPECT the Bold to DEFINITELY go up to 5.0. Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I remember having this discussion last year with GeneKam about how usually devices go through a 2 updates cycle or something like that. Basically wot im saying is EXPECT the Bold to DEFINITELY go up to 5.0. Just my 2c.
    i second that and welcome back to the Bold forums Ranx we missed you! lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Haha I am back indeed as my Bold is now my main device again !

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Haha I am back indeed as my Bold is now my main device again !
    im glad you came back to your senses haha jk jk does anyone know which company offically released .247? i wanna see if the "offical" version can fix my calender issue

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think att made it official? not sure...

however, an OS version goes from beta to official if a carrier picks it up, no changes are made... if a change was made, then .247 would be called .248 or something else... so getting the official released .247 vs the unofficial leak of .247 will not solve any of your issues...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

i was wrong there... ATT didnt release it... here's the list:

9000 - 4.6.0.247

* AVEA
    * Dialog Sri Lanka
    * Hutchison
    * M3
    * Millicom Central America, Paraguay and Bolivia
    * Nawras Oman
    * Orange Botswana
    * Q-tel Qatar
    * SmarTone-Vodafone
    * Telenor Pakistan
    * Telenor Serbia
    * Warid
    * Warid Pakistan
    Last edited by reddrvgon; 04-06-2009 at 12:34 AM.
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    good news... good news... looking forward to more good news...

one thing though... after 3 back to back releases... i cant wait for another one...
    i see RED...