Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by carlsonjc11 Did it last night. Did not wipe first. Forgot to delete ... BlackBerry News forum

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by carlsonjc11 View Post
    Did it last night. Did not wipe first. Forgot to delete vendor.xml. All appears well. Charged fine overnight. I LOVE the long menu press feature. Can anyone tell me what may happen due to my forgetting to delete the .xml file?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Nothing different happens. The vendor.xml file does not need to be deleted on the BOLD since it is not not vendor specific. If you edit the file you will see that there really isn't anyting there as compared to other OS's.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosH View Post
    .414 is out...
    .414? Isn't .247 the latest beta? If not what happened to everything between .247 and .414?

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    I went from a full charge on Sunday night to 20 percent last night at midnight. That is pretty good considering all the stuff I am doing now. Today is day 1 of the first full charge. It's not quite noon (unplugged at 7:45 a.m.) and I am at 95 percent. We will see how much I have left tonight when I go to bed and how much I have left at the end of the work day tomorrow.

Reboot seems fast, phone overall seems faster and it seems to lock onto 3G signal and hold on much better. Google maps locked onto my location in less than 10 seconds.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by quillhill View Post
    I went from a full charge on Sunday night to 20 percent last night at midnight. That is pretty good considering all the stuff I am doing now. Today is day 1 of the first full charge. It's not quite noon (unplugged at 7:45 a.m.) and I am at 95 percent. We will see how much I have left tonight when I go to bed and how much I have left at the end of the work day tomorrow.

Reboot seems fast, phone overall seems faster and it seems to lock onto 3G signal and hold on much better. Google maps locked onto my location in less than 10 seconds.
    right there with you!!!

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2
    Personally don't know Found the link and posted it

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    about 2 days in on .247 and so far so good... phone's running faster than before...

might stick to this one till there's a .25x

i see RED...

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057
    same here. .247 runs faster, there's less memory leaks and the battery life is a lot better

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I thought .210 was a good build but this .247 is fast and everything from wifi to battery life seems so much better.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I thought .210 was a good build but this .247 is fast and everything from wifi to battery life seems so much better.
    Hope you keep this build loaded for a couple weeks and report back how it is acting then. I would like to upgrade again, but my experience has been, with the exception of .210, that after a couple weeks the bull caca starts. Random reboots, call failed, etc.

i would hate to install .247 and then go backwards, AGAIN, as I think our IT guy wants to hit me for asking for so many activation codes for the BES.

We all shall wait and see. I hope this build is as stable as it is fast.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    it seems to be so far... Although I think I noticed that my bold charges slower than before... But that may just be my mind playing tricks on me (and the fact that I'm using my laptop usb to charge)

So far no hangs, no crashes, no warming up... Nada...

And if you check my post from a little earlier, I pushed it to the MAX just to see what it would do and how long It would last, and I was reasonably impressed...

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    I just took the plunge and installed .247 Right after the installation and a restart... the battery drained like water down a drain. I plugged it in, restarted it and charged it. Now it's draining MUCH slower, but it is still faster than before. I notice everything is faster, no hangs, and restarts are a lot quicker!

I didn't wipe my OS at all (just as I never have)...

I am thinking I will give it a few more days to see if battery life improves because everything else seems perfect so I'd rather keep this OS if the battery life is ok!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Am I the only one that has a 5+ minute boot time no matter what OS I've used?

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Am I the only one that has a 5+ minute boot time no matter what OS I've used?

No your not. I experiance long reboots also.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    My device is made in hungary... Is yours too? Maybe its the hungary devices that take longer to boot?

I've practically accepted the boot time, but if wouldn't hurt to try n figure out if we could make it faster...