Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

As far as themes go with the overlaping text on .237, I got an update ... BlackBerry News forum

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

As far as themes go with the overlaping text on .237, I got an update notification from mobihand today that there was an upgrade to my BOLD Cypher Side Bar theme. I installed it and the overlapping text isue was resolved.
    Therefore, I must conclude that it is a "theme problem", not the OS.

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Quote Originally Posted by betavirus View Post
    As far as themes go with the overlaping text on .237, I got an update notification from mobihand today that there was an upgrade to my BOLD Cypher Side Bar theme. I installed it and the overlapping text isue was resolved.
    Therefore, I must conclude that it is a "theme problem", not the OS.
    That's what I was thinking too.

I hope the 3rd party apps can make their features compatible with the new build.

Jim
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    It seems that most of the problems are occuring if the upgrade was not done with a full wipe. My guess is that since different upgrades are going to different carriers, the OS upgrade is assuming things and not necesarily doing a full upgrade. This could also explain why certain people get better battery life than others and why after a few days the bb adjusts. If you follow the instructions for the wipe, you won't lose your data and you will make sure that everything is installed from the new OS and that the upgrade is not replacing only certain files. It would make sens, because if all the softwares worked on all the devices, then each carrier would have released the same update. I definitely think upgrades without wiping do NOT replace all the files neccesary.

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    About the only thing a full wipe does that the upgrade does not is clearing cache and browser histroy. If you do this prior to any upgrade it will go just fine.
    Been on .237 since it was discovered and have none of the battery, WI-Fi, or application issues being reported. Never checked memory because it is a non-issue, just something others b*t*h about.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Is anyone else having issues with Opera mini with 237?....Ive notice when going to load web pages, it seems to be reloading itself over and over causing almost a flashing/rolling effect. Just wondering....
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Disregard...cleaned out caches and seems to have cured what ailed it...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Everything is fine on .237 except the battery life. Worst I've had to be honest. I've never done a full wipe of the phone but I know how the battery life is now and I will do one this morning and reload. Will post back. Peace.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lol... That's insane...
    It's been the BEST for me so far. Closest to Curve battery life of all the builds I've used.

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    uh oh....Opera Mini acting up again......

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Been running .237 for 6 hours now... I have a debranded Bold.

Relatively normal usage, I pinstack a lot, mostly data usage, hardly any calls. Everything seems to be running fine. My batter is down to 65% from a full charge on the 6 hour mark.

I didn't use jl_cmder for a clean wipe. Never have before either... At its best, on 234, my battery has lasted me approx 16 hrs. If this lasts me another 10 hours on regular usage for the next couple of days, ill say it has to be the best I've had so far.

I have about 20+ 3td party apps. Msn, google, aim and yahoo running simultaneously along with buzzme, mobipocket reader and a couple more. (This is probably why my battery doesn't last more than 15-16 hrs. Another factor may be the fact that I'm in Pakistan and signa coverage isn't as powerful as tmobile or at&t... That definately makes a difference.

Overall, so far so good... No major or minor glitches. Bolt and opera mini running smooth as well.

Will report back in about 3 days for a better followup...

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    13hrs and 40 mins in, I'm at 10%. Charging now... That's really not bad for .237... About the same as .234

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded from 210 to 237 about 24 hours ago. Things have been fine so far...
    The battery is at about 60% after 12 hours which is about where I was with 210 on a work day... bad cell reception... lots of switching.
    My question is has anybody gotten a message that just says Voice Mail when you have a voice mail waiting? there is nothing in the message. I have removed the Visual Voice Mail files from the phone so I do get the missed call indicator.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    I upgraded from 210 to 237 about 24 hours ago. Things have been fine so far...
    The battery is at about 60% after 12 hours which is about where I was with 210 on a work day... bad cell reception... lots of switching.
    My question is has anybody gotten a message that just says Voice Mail when you have a voice mail waiting? there is nothing in the message. I have removed the Visual Voice Mail files from the phone so I do get the missed call indicator.
    You have to remove ALL the files and then reconnect to the DM. And the cell reception thing is only a first two days thing... mine was jumping on and of 3G for a little bit after I upgraded too.

It's weird, like the OSes need to be broken in for a day or so before they work like they're supposed to...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've had no issues at all since I've installed .237 and that was when it was first introduced, great battery life, best build so far to me

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    Where can I download .237 all that I can find is a link to Megaupload, shich is saying that the file has been deleted