Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by ericjackson You don't get the vvm icon? I have att and I ... BlackBerry News forum

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ericjackson View Post
    You don't get the vvm icon? I have att and I got it. It is an option to install in the DM, maybe it didn't get installed.. But either way its not going to work anytime soon anyway I'm sure.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~
    No. I don't get the VVM icon when I get a VM. I tested this a few times.

Evidently info from other sites says that the VVM disables the stock VM icon that you see on your top bar...I don't even know what the VVM icon looks like of you get one.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Oh I see what you're saying. Untill att activates blackberry vvm I'm just gonna continue to use vymail with youmail. It does a pretty decent job for me.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Can anyone on 237 give a substantial differentiation from 234?

My main concern is battery life now. Everything else seems near perfection to me.

Ghettomedic, you mentioned that the hourglass appears less often... By any chance, are you using fewer apps than before?

Unless there's a substantial battery life difference, I'm not too excited about upgrading again because I just got done playing with everything and have it set up just right... (And I actually want to take a breather for a few days...

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Can anyone on 237 give a substantial differentiation from 234?

My main concern is battery life now. Everything else seems near perfection to me.

Ghettomedic, you mentioned that the hourglass appears less often... By any chance, are you using fewer apps than before?

Unless there's a substantial battery life difference, I'm not too excited about upgrading again because I just got done playing with everything and have it set up just right... (And I actually want to take a breather for a few days...
    I'm in the same boat as you...

The battery life isn't horrible, but you can never have too much battery life.

I have the OS installed already, but I'm just gonna wait for a bit.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    Don't know about everyone else.. but .237 is absolutely KILLING my battery life. It barely lasts 1/2 a day!

and I can't for the LIFE of me roll back the OS to .234.... help!
    Last edited by amsirron23; 02-19-2009 at 11:39 PM.

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quote Originally Posted by amsirron23 View Post
    Don't know about everyone else.. but .237 is absolutely KILLING my battery life. It barely lasts 1/2 a day!

First, uninstall .237 from your comp and install .234. Then wipe the device and you'll be fine

PIN/ID
    ask me
    You'll have to uninstall it from your comp as ericjackson said, and then install the .234 version, delete the vendor.xml and run loader.exe... It'll then ask you if you want to downgrade... Say YES...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by amsirron23 View Post

Yea, my battery life sucks also, it also was on the charger (USB) all night and it didn't receive a full charge only 80%. That being said .234 when I first installed it my battery life wasn't that great but after a few days it got better. Weird.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ask me
    So we're sticking with .234 for now I suppose...

icantfeelmyface no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24a0b3a0
    Battery life on .237 is perfectly fine for me.. Power user email,sms,brower and slacker all day viigo in the bckground around 10-20 phone calls atleast and my memory is much better I don't see the hour glass nearly as much

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think with the conflicting battery related reviews, I'm tempted to try out .237...

amsirron23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B4907
    I got the downgrade to work. Weird... even after uninstalling .237 and reinstalling .234 with all the steps, it would NEVER downgrade. I had to do a clean wipe of everything including uninstalling DM THEN reinstall DM and install .234 before it gave me the option of downgrading.

With .237 I couldn't charge past the 60% mark (other than the first charge after installing it) and with the first full charge my battery depleted to one bar within a matter of hours.

After that.. no charging would work. I have never experienced battery drainage like that with all the beta OS's I've used... EVER. SO I have resorted back to .234 which has been working like a charm for me. Absolutely NO complaints at all. I guess I'll just wait for the next release before I dip my foot in it again!

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded to .237 and my battery life skyrocketed. Probably the first time in a while I'll be able to make a whole day on one charge. Also pdf to go loads pages faster than any other os. I must say, this is the best OS I have used to date.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Oh wow... Since apparently people are either LOVING the battery life or HATING it I really must taste this for myself...

Can everyone list the carrier their devices are branded to? I want to make a comparison and see if there's a relationship between carrier brand and battery response... (As in at&t have great response and xyz doesn't)...

Thanks for the great feedback all...

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    i am going to give it a go...... .234 was horrible on my bold... hopefully this one is freindlier !