Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Bold OS 4.6.0.237 Leaked edit; didnt read all the rules http://www.berryreview.com/2009/02/1...-found-online/... BlackBerry News forum

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

Advertisement

Bold OS 4.6.0.237 Leaked

edit; didnt read all the rules

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/02/1...-found-online/

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Sounds like I might actually have to look into upgrading from .210 beta. I'm gonna be reinstalling the OS on my wife's 8130 so at the same time I'll do some more research on some of these later beta releases.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    That's a very simple one...

Its the sound amplification setting for your earphone or handsfree for use during a call... While you're in a call you can go into the options and change that... If the line is higher to the right, its set to treble boost, if its higher to the left, its a base boost... If its flat its set to normal...

Enjoy...

~via smartphone~
    I was going nuts wondering what it was.

Thank you.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjackson View Post
    Bold OS 4.6.0.237 Leaked

edit; didnt read all the rules

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/02/1...-found-online/
    So .237 is out huh? I thought it was about time for another OS to hit the streets

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    LOL.... updating my BOLD as we speak (or type for that matter)

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just finished loading .237. No huge differences from .234 as I can tell, although the wifi browser is pretty darn quick. Can't tell on battery life. First post-update reset took about 5 minutes, which is even worse than I had before. Hope it was just because it was the first reset.

Reviews over on Crackberry have all been positive so far. I'm taking that as a good sign. I'll be playing around with this for a while methinks.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    .237 very good build so far. Remember to set false on VVM.

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Question

i want to upgrade and i always delete the vendor.xml file by searching my computer for it, and i did a search for it and i cant find it. where should it be, or is it not in the .237 OS at all?

It should be in Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion somewhere. (Not at my computer at the moment.) Not sure if this build has one or not. I've heard the "unofficial" OSes don't have one or it doesn't matter if you delete it since it's not put out by any one carrier. I always use CrackMem to delete what I deem undesirable, so I haven't actually looked for that file in a while.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm still testing out .234, have had it for about a week now. First impressions sucked as far as battery life and memory leak but with time they have gotten much better. Still have some battery life issues but I'm going to give it another week before I go to .237. Dumb ? But I guess the word wrap issue isn't fixed with this one either huh?

If you mean the word wrap when replying to threads like this one, then nope. Still scrolls to the right as you type.

Also, I've read some preliminary posts on another forum saying this build is a little better on memory. Still not sure on battery yet. Only had it for a couple of hours.

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Sounds like I might actually have to look into upgrading from .210 beta. I'm gonna be reinstalling the OS on my wife's 8130 so at the same time I'll do some more research on some of these later beta releases.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

i came from .210... im not sure if this was fixed before. but in the bb browser in google search where the first result was jammed behind the words "search results" has been fixed... again im not sure if it was fixed in .234 or .228 or .221. but this is a plus for me

marczeffren no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    so far great build, reset time is down tremedously, and everything is running smotthly so far

ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Been running .237 overnight and so far it seems to be running fine. Some points about the build from my inexperienced experience with it ;-):

1) Battery life is much improved over .210...It's 1730 and I've read an ebook, chatted on Yahoo, received 30 SMS, sent 4 MMS, received 15 emails, surfed the web for about 3 hours (cumulatively) and had a total of 175 minutes on the phone...and I am only down to 75% battery.

2) The theme font overlap remains...I think this is a Plazmic issue but I have found several Today themes that this bug does not affect (PM me or PIN me if you want links to those themese)

3) The Yahoo messenger icon on the today screen does not light up as "signed on" yet when I click on it, I am indeed signed on.

4) Reboot was down significantly for me...This is anecdotal but it seems to be greatly reduced.

5) I don't get that pesky turning clock like I did when I ran .234....it is very snappy and very quick to respond.

6) Font overlap on Google Search is fixed. For me, I can now click on the first link on google app.

7) I'm consistently getting 1 bar more than I am used to. At my home (in the country) I used to get no to one intermittent bar...now I am consistently getting 1-2 bars in my house...so the new radio (if there is one) seems to be working well

8) Free RAM seems to be up. Again it's anecdotal but I am now sitting on 36 MB of memory with is 10-15 higher than on .210 after 10 hours of uptime.

The only bad thing that I see the lack of VVM service books means I don't get the VM icon....doesn't bother me much as I don't get many VM so it doesn't bother me. The Yahoo thing also irritates me in a minor way as I stay logged on at work most of the time.

Your mileage may vary...thanks for reading the long-wonded semi-literate review (if you got down this far) :-)
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

PIN/ID
    PM Me
    You don't get the vvm icon? I have att and I got it. It is an option to install in the DM, maybe it didn't get installed.. But either way its not going to work anytime soon anyway I'm sure.