Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Well, I reloaded .234. It has seemed to solve the memory issues as its been ... BlackBerry News forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

Well, I reloaded .234. It has seemed to solve the memory issues as its been 1 1/2 days and I'm down to 33MB. It still fluctuates up and down by about 2MB. My only issue is with battery life, its horrible. Doesn't last anywhere near a full day. Any thoughts? I have never wiped my bold with jlcomander, I just load the new os. Do you think this is an issue? Thanks in advance. ~via smartphone~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Well, I reloaded .234. It has seemed to solve the memory issues as its been 1 1/2 days and I'm down to 33MB. It still fluctuates up and down by about 2MB. My only issue is with battery life, its horrible. Doesn't last anywhere near a full day. Any thoughts? I have never wiped my bold with jlcomander, I just load the new os. Do you think this is an issue? Thanks in advance. ~via smartphone~
    How often are you using 3G? If you live in a 3G area and you're 3G 24/7 that can definately be a factor.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    How often are you using 3G? If you live in a 3G area and you're 3G 24/7 that can definately be a factor.
    I do live in a 3G area. I have 3G service always. This is not the issue as I'm comparing this build(.234) to my previous OS I had installed (.219). With .219 I could easily go all day and still have roughly 30% battery life at the time I went to bed. With .234 I can only go till lunch before its at 50-60% and that's with maybe 1/2 the normal usage. I just don't think this one seems to like my device as much as others. I'm not giving up as I do enjoys the wifi speed. I might try .232 and see if I can restore some of my battery life. If not I'm jumping back to .219.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    I thought battery life was a little off as well (was on 210). I can alomst understand it as it appears much faster, but I don't know if I like the tradeoff that much. Picture thumbnails appear a boatload faster, and wifi browsing is noticeably faster. I don't know if I'm going to stay on this new one or not. I really don't use the device that much during the day, but the battery life seems to drop substantially anyway.

~via smartphone~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I do live in a 3G area. I have 3G service always. This is not the issue as I'm comparing this build(.234) to my previous OS I had installed (.219). With .219 I could easily go all day and still have roughly 30% battery life at the time I went to bed. With .234 I can only go till lunch before its at 50-60% and that's with maybe 1/2 the normal usage. I just don't think this one seems to like my device as much as others. I'm not giving up as I do enjoys the wifi speed. I might try .232 and see if I can restore some of my battery life. If not I'm jumping back to .219.
    When it comes to choosing any of these OSs you have to wear the shoe that fits so to say. 219 has obviously been the best fit for you. Unless something dramatic happens with future OSs for the BOLD I'm going to stick with .228. It's the shoe that fits me best so I'll be walking around in it

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    When it comes to choosing any of these OSs you have to wear the shoe that fits so to say. 219 has obviously been the best fit for you. Unless something dramatic happens with future OSs for the BOLD I'm going to stick with .228. It's the shoe that fits me best so I'll be walking around in it
    For sure, .219 seems to be the best for me so far. I'm not quite ready to give up on this build just yet. I've been on my Bold for about 3 hours straight now and have noticed a few things. 1st, when I started out my memory was at 27MB, right now I'm at 33.4MB. It seems that the longer I use it ,ie: the browser, it goes up with a ceiling of about 34MB then starts dropping again. While in use it never gets below 30 but when not in use it will drop all the way to the low 20s. 2ndN the battery life has seemed to stabilize in that it is not dropping anywhere near as fast as the previous 2 days. My questions are , what is causing the memory to fluctuate like it is and why does it seem like the battery life is getting better the longer I use it and have this build installed. Given that I've been on wifi fore about 80% of the time tonight could be a major part in battery lifean I will use nothing but 3G tomorrow and get a direct comparison. Weird on the memory though.

moveovr no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold Beta OS

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where or how I can get the beta os files... thanks

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by moveovr View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction as to where or how I can get the beta os files... thanks
    Google search, ie: blackberry 4.6.0.219 OS, or in this thread should be some links.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Everyone that has had a problem with Etisalat and their GPS disappearing if you upgraded to an OS other than an official release of Etisalat, this post is for you...

Also for anyone else with a different carrier that may have noticed functionality of any kind being restricted by upgrading to a non carrier BETA OS or upgrading to an OS not approved by their carrier...

The MFI multiloader that is used to unlock your bold can also be used to debrand your phone. (Gets rid of the original vendor I'd)
    I have done this and my GPS is back !!! Am currently running 234.

The process will also allow you to access the engineering screens...

Finally a blackberry that is completely debranded and has NO restrictions... !!!

Instructions for debranding are all over the internet. Just google "bold 9000 debranding" and you're good to go. You will need to download the MFI multiloader, if you don't already have it. A VSM file is required as well... Links are available with the instructions...

Good LUCK all...

~via smartphone~

djradman36 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i just loaded .234 on my phone, was using .210, i had a problem with flickering of my screen when i was viewing the pictures on my media, with .234, loaded it this morning around 9am, everything so far seems fine, no problems, browser is still quick and similar to .210, pictures on media loads much quicker, no flickering of the screen, battery life right now at 4:30pm is at 70% with normal use, seem to been really stable on my phone, so far i love it, no problems

djradman36 no está en línea Stack level 1
    update: on .234, i didnt charge my phone yesterday, i got home at around 1am, and my phone was at 20%, so i recharged it, woke up around 9am, around 1pm, my phone is at 90%, talked on the phone, txt message, used bb messenger, battery life is great, better than .210 on my phone, no other problems reported, stable for me, lovin it.

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    On .234 with Rrogers, I noticed in Media Player that if I go back a song, the playlist starts playing in reverse. Anyone else experience this?
    Anand Sihra

PS: Feel free to add me to BlackBerry Messenger. PIN is in profile.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thank you GOD... I'm glad you said that... I though I was loosing my mind... It really does go in reverse... For a billion times I though I had it set to shuffle...

~via smartphone~

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have a strange object on my screen with .234

When I make a call, to the north west of the speaker logo, I see a box with 5 plus signs. Does anyone know what this is?

It looks similar to this

--------
    |+ |
    | + |
    | + |
    | + |
    | + |
    --------

In a diagonal partern

PIN/ID
    ask me
    That's a very simple one...

Its the sound amplification setting for your earphone or handsfree for use during a call... While you're in a call you can go into the options and change that... If the line is higher to the right, its set to treble boost, if its higher to the left, its a base boost... If its flat its set to normal...

Enjoy...

~via smartphone~

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast