Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

You are lucky .... my install was brutal. Still I wonder what trait is making ... BlackBerry News forum

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Advertisement

You are lucky .... my install was brutal. Still I wonder what trait is making some work... some not work at all. Very frustrating.

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had no issues with the install. One of the faster installs I have experienced with a BB. So it's day 1 with .234. Things definitely seem snappier compared to .216 and .228. My primary curiosity is related to battery life. So we shall see.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0
    Quote Originally Posted by marczeffren View Post
    almost a week with .234 still no problems...guess i'm one of the lucky few...hope to G-d it stays like this
    Ive had .234 since a couple hours after it was 'released' and I'm loving it! not problems at all.. memory stays at the 40-35mb range all the time.. browser seems faster then previous .219 I had installed, battery life is great (also seems better) I dont get the annoying "call failed" on occasion when trying to dial out either.

all in all, this is probly the best OS I've used.

yogeshpote no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    255a93bf
    i am gonna try it soon

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by croman View Post
    Ive had .234 since a couple hours after it was 'released' and I'm loving it! not problems at all.. memory stays at the 40-35mb range all the time.. browser seems faster then previous .219 I had installed, battery life is great (also seems better) I dont get the annoying "call failed" on occasion when trying to dial out either.

all in all, this is probly the best OS I've used.
    This is good news, I'm on .219 right now and have been for 3 weeks with no issues. I have had 234 on my PC since it was leaked but with no issues I have been hesitant to upgrade. Think I'll do that tonight. Good reports everyone.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    .234 is working perfectly. Battery life is extended, UI is faster, resarts timed at 28 seconds, super stable, great wifi.
    Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by great wifi. Is it the browser faster or the range longer. I'm curious.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    For me, wifi's faster.

~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    For me, wifi's faster.

~via smartphone~
    Is this on BB browser or opera? I've noticed that somedays with BB browser it doesn't matter with wifi or 3G it is slow and the with no resets an hour latter it is very fast again. I think this has to do with BB server itself and not the OS.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    For me, wifi's faster.

~via smartphone~
    Is this on BB browser or opera? I've noticed that somedays with BB browser it doesn't matter with wifi or 3G it is slow and the with no resets an hour latter it is very fast again. I think this has to do with BB server itself and not the OS.

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB Browser. I don't have OM even installed at the moment.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    Apple
    First impressions with .234. The browser on wifi seems very quick, slightly faster than .219. My issue I think is going to be memory leak, although I have more mem on restart if definitely is dropping faster than .219. After 3 hours I have went from 45.9 to 32 MB free. This is equal to about a entire day with .219. Can't say on batt life as I haven't had it long enough and will see about the browser speed on 3G tomorrow. The UI seems just as snappy as before. Anyway just first impressions from my Bold. Peace. ~via BOLD on .234~

quillhill no está en línea Stack level 3
    So after two full days with .234 I have to say this is my favorite build yet. The battery life is excellent. I pulled it off the charger Tuesday morning. Yesterday morning I had 40 percent when I left for work and at the end of the eight hour work day I still had 30 percent left. It was down to 15 percent when I put it on the charger at 12:30 a.m. My ideal battery life is two full work days and this exceeded that hope.
    I haven't futzed around on the Web much but WiFi works better than on any other build I've used. I also find that the photo library on my media card pulls up the thumbnails more quickly, it's considerably snappier in general, which is likely due a significant decrease in memory leak. I did a battery pull yesterday afternoon and had 53MB upon re-start (sorry I didn't time that) and this morning I have 46MB.

So far, so good. It does still have a couple little bugs that I've observed in .216 and .228 as well: it's still got some text overlap issues and Live Search still doesn't work.
    Thanks to my 'Berry, I'm only an e-mail away.
    Or you could just go see me at myspace.com/quillhill

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok, first full day with .234 and I'm not impressed. This so far hasn't been the build for me. The browser is slightly faster than .219 on wifi. 3G speed seems the same, my issues with it come in the form of battery life. With nowhere near the my normal usage today, the battery drained from full to 40 % by lunch. The memory leak is also fast. Going from 45MB to 21MB also by lunch. I have noticed that it goes up and down. By this I mean one moment it will be say 30 MB the 30 minutes latter it will be up to 32MB. Then will continue to drop. Also I have the hour glass poping up. I'm going to reload and see if it gets better as I'm not ready to give up on it after just one day.

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    .228 doesn't work with w/ my favorite app, SlingPlayer Mobile. The video and audio were out of sync, although everything is hella fast. Same w/ .232.

I consider .234 a matured version of .228/.232,, as SPM runs like a champ, and everything is just noticeably faster. Its amazing. Faster channel changes on SPM and mobiTV I've never seen, boot time is a lot less time consuming, and the thumbnails in Media are virtually instantaneous. Battery life has also been on par with .210/.219/.228/.232!

I've run it for about a week, and I this the Best OS of any OS I've seen on the Bold, or for any BlackBerry's I've ever worked and played with! ;

~via smartphone~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's great that you found one that works for you. I've been on 228 for a while now. I'm waiting to see what visual voicemail is like when AT&T finally pushes it out
    ~via smartphone~

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast