Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Don't know, haven't installed it. To be honest I probably won't due to the fact ... BlackBerry News forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

Don't know, haven't installed it. To be honest I probably won't due to the fact that im very happy with .415, unless this has some new features I'm good. I'm looking for the one that enables flash support.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah, I'm digging .415 too but will wait to see reviews on .421 and if there's anything new with this build. I have it dl but not installed. I've seen you post that before. I wasn't aware there was an OS that enables flash support on the way. Is this more sooner than later??
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Don't really know. Some of the guys on here would be better able to answer that part of it. I dk know that the 9700 has the capability, if you go to BB website and look at the specs that's where I saw it. It can't be too far off as far as leaks are concerned, offical- well we all know how that goes.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    Hmmm.... I've downloaded .415, but haven't installed it yet. I'm downloading .421 now... I've heard good things about .415, so I guess it's decision time...

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    im running .415 and havent had an issue-- battery life seems to be better, sms/ contact issue was fixed which was great!
    whats the difference between .421 and .415?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, this has honestly never happened to me before despite the dozens of OS upgrades I've done in the past. Currently upgrading to the .421 and it appears to be stuck on restoring device data at about 2/3s of the way through. I think the device itself is frozen. What to do? Disconnect and hope for the best? Looks like the OS and apps all loaded successfully and I know I can do another restore from the loader backup. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this sort of thing and what I might expect if I go ahead and pull the plug.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    yea, pull the plug. That far along you have the core modules in there. Cant sya for sure but i imagine all your going to have to do is load from a backup.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    i have had my 9000 stick like that before and thats what i did BTW.

Yeah, it's all good. Just restored from the loader backup and everything's cool.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I used to be a chronic , but now since I have NO backup BBs (gave my Curve and Bold to my Mom and my ex), I'm not so excited to try it lol. And I've had no problems with my 9700 since I got it (running stock ATT OS), so I'm cool for now.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

PIN/ID
    pm me
    I just installed .415 last night. The install itself went fine, but...

1 - I now have emails in my "main message" folder that I cannot delete. The emails don't show in my actual email icon, just in the main folder. I deleted the email account and reconfigured, battery-pulled, checked preferences, etc... still cannot delete these emails.

2 - Somehow, all of my text message threads got put in to one big text thread. Can't delete that either...

3 - The dreaded contact/caller id issue is still not fixed. Every time someone calls me, just the number comes up... no name...

I have 6 days under my TMO return policy before I have to make a decision, and I'm seriously considering going with an 8900. I was thinking 8900 since it's a Curve, and the 8300 I've had for the last 2 years has been absolutely rock solid. Before I do so, might anyone have any other suggestions and/or advice I might try? Thanks in advance for any help that might be out there...

PIN/ID
    pm me
    I just figured something out that's a little strange, but whatever works I guess... in my contact list, I always started every phone number with a "1." Apparently, if I manually delete the 1, my caller ID works. Only 298 more numbers to change...

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    I just figured something out that's a little strange, but whatever works I guess... in my contact list, I always started every phone number with a "1." Apparently, if I manually delete the 1, my caller ID works. Only 298 more numbers to change...
    Do you use Outlook to sync your contacts? If so, export your contacts from Outlook to an Excel spreadsheet, make your phone number modifications in the spreadsheet, import back into Outlook then resync with your device.

PIN/ID
    pm me
    I haven't used Outlook before, but excellent advice... I'm going to try that... any idea on the emails that refuse to delete?

The only thing I can suggest at this point is that you do a security wipe which simply clears all the data out of your device and restores it to factory settings. If you do a backup beforehand, you can restore a lot of the stuff you removed.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast