Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 44454647484950 LastLast

Been running almost 3 days now -- loving it. VERY solid, fast, far better memory ... BlackBerry News forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Been running almost 3 days now -- loving it. VERY solid, fast, far better memory management than prior 5.0's -- very happy with this.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ATT needs to release 5. for the 8900, OFFICIALLY!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    5.0.0.554 was leaked about 2 days ago. Here is an article about it. Seems to be much faster. Less of the constant hourglass with .509. Very stable leak.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Only about a week later and .592 has been leaked. Article is here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Running 8900 OS 5.0.0.612

I have just installed the 5.0.0.592 software coupled with the willyboy v3.1 hybrid to make the phone a 5.0.0.612 hyrbrid. So far it is running great, the only app I am not able to use is shazam, but that app is a piece of crap so I don't care about that really.

The willyboy v3.1 does come with the sims 3 and monopoly and some other games for free, but they won't install and when I try to manually install them it says that the applications aren't supported for my device, so not sure what thats about, but not a big deal.

I have aerize optimizer and it is always above 10MB and the phone reboots super quick, like 1 minute for a full reboot. I haven't had sufficient time to test out the battery, but I will test it out for a few days and see how it holds up.

Overall I am really impressed with this hybrid OS and would recommend others to try it out and see how they like it as well. Also on a side note I am thinking of upgrading my phone at the end of the summer and am debating whether or not to try out an android OS phone. I really like blackberries for their messaging capabilities and true push e-mail. I haven't really researched the android's too much so I am not sure if they have push e-mail as well. I just really want a phone that has full HTML browsing and alot more apps, but I refuse to get an iPhone because I hate apple with a passion.

Yamaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I installed .592 and everything seemed fine, until I answered a call while using my casemate case/extended battery. The earpiece does not seem to work now. It works fine if the casemate is turned off, or if I just disconnect it altogether. I can answer it while the casemate is turned off and then switch it on during the call and all is fine. I tried .610 last night and still have the same effect. Oh, i must mention that the speakerphone works fine no matter how I use it.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I just installed .509 and things are running smoothly. The only thing I'm wondering is I saw another person have 5.0 installed and when u switch folders, it looked liked the vista aero theme, where it would fade in and out. Anyone know how I can get that feature?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    has anyone had a go at 5.0.0.681 yet?

I downloaded it, but didn't install it yet. I am still running 4.6.1.250.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Here is the link to 5.0.0.681

I have been running .681 now for a few hours.

notice one big thing, the MUTE button doesn't work anymore. Only the kb lock button. is this something new? or a bug?

almost a full day with .681 now. VERY stable, the upgrade process was straight forward. it told me what apps I had to ditch and upgrade. the new menus are very clean. Wi-fi is solid, and I find that it is now faster to establish connections.

I really like the sms view.
    Might just be me, but apps seem to load faster, and switching between app is also more crisp.

this is my first dive into v5, I will not hold my breath. but so far I do like it.

as I mentioned above, the mute button is disabled. but it feels like they have incorporated the functionality of the mute and kb lock into one button. which is the KB lock botton.

SinErgy no está en línea Stack level 2
    681 battery life is 10000 times better.

is your mute button disabled as well?

SinErgy no está en línea Stack level 2
    It mutes my ring, I just tested.... I never use the mute button

that is odd.

on my 8900 the mute button is completely disabled. but as I mentioned above, now the KB lock button does both functions now. it now locks the kb and puts the phone in holster/disabled mode.

it took me a day to get used to it, but I like it.

I also like how they have changed the status of the call key when you highlight a number to call. In previous versions if you started to type out a name to call, and if the contact had more than one contact number both numbers will be shown to you in the list (home, mobile, office). But out of habit, I would hit the send button to dial the number when I should had hit track ball. when you hit the send button it brings you back to your call log. ARRRR

now when you hit the send button when you have your all your contact's numbers up, it will dial the number that is highlighted. Love it.