Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950 LastLast

Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 Thanks for finding that. It is not the way that it ... BlackBerry News forum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
    Thanks for finding that. It is not the way that it worked on previous versions. I never have set a password to lock the screen on the 8900.
    Yeah, same here. Wish you didn't have to set a password.

On the other hand, I see the text box word wrap bug IS fixed.

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just discovered that if you don't set it to lock and you also don't set a password, you can still set it to lock if you holster you BB as I do.

When you remove it from the holster it unlocks automagically.

I tested this by placing my BB on the holster. It locked, none of the keys functioned. When I took it off the holster, it unlocked and all functions returned to normal.

Note: holster = the little black case that came with my BB.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually preferred standby to lock, as it seemed to be better at conserving battery. Also put mine in the oem holster whenever I can as well, so as with artcarney the magnet in the case puts the phone into standby automatically, both conserving battery and locking the keyboard. Never really saw a reason to lock the keyboard without putting it in standby, so this hasn't been an issue for me. Overall, 461 seems to be the most solid release to date -- very happy with it.

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't use the holster anymore but standby does work. I agree that this is the most stable 5 release I have loaded.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Latest leaked beta 5.0.0.509 http://www.berryreview.com/2010/02/2...yReview.com%29
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks -- downloading as I type this...

RS is already overloaded and won't allow a free download ("try again later"). Depositfiles is slow, but is working (I'm about 51% through the download...52%...). Should be done in about 10 mins. Will find a quiet hour tonight to backup my 8900, install this over 461 and see how it goes...

5:29pm: backed up via BBSAK and DM (just because). Fired up DM, and was pleased to note that it recognized and offered the upgrade without me having to delete vendor.xml (I'm assuming that's because it's a beta release, as I understand they don't do the vendor checking for those). Started the install and I'm now in task 3 of 11 (back up 3rd party apps -- I guess that gives me 3 backups...!). Moving quickly... 3 mins later and it's erasing apps... will report back once it's done and I've done my post upgrade reconfiguration...

5:46pm: DM finished deleting everything, rebooting phone and restoring all my apps. Now to the long reboot, and then the database restore. All in all - going quickly so far...
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 02-26-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: update

SinErgy no está en línea Stack level 2
    browser run 100% faster and formats pages 10000% better

Jtetch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Downloading it now. Heres a mirror for anyone who needs it.http://www.sendspace.com/file/v9q3wb

The top left lock key puts the phone in stand by mode and the top right stand by key is disabled completely.
    Last edited by Jtetch; 02-27-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Update

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Installed .509 last night... after finding out the Standby button did NOT work... reloaded .461... BIG WASTE OF TIME!!!

dushaneb100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I jus wanna kno where I can gooo and get tha newest OS 5.0 for my 8900 curve...can I have one tha acctually work?? Plz && thanks guys!! And some instructions on how to get it on my phone

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's probably best if you search this forum regarding how to upgrade your software. There are many, many posts on the subject. As regards where to download the newest OS, well post #1 in this thread gives you a link to a leaked version of 5.0.0.464 which should work fine for you .
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

Iight respect.....but tha says bold?? It will styl work

Yeh I jus check tha link but its gone....

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    im going to give it a shot in a few to see how it handles
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3