Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Hey y'all......I just installed .348 and fixed the at&t browser......now I get an uncaught exception ... BlackBerry News forum

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Hey y'all......I just installed .348 and fixed the at&t browser......now I get an uncaught exception that says, "A browser content provider for video/3gpp MIME type has already been registered with the browser".....has anyone gotten this/know how to fix it?

It probably has something to do with the at&t browser daemon fix......

Thanks in advance!

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Hi folks. I'm having problems upgrading to .348 and would love some help. DM won't detect the new software to install it on my phone, even though it's listed as available device software. I'm running DM 5.0.1 and have deleted the vendor file and tried running app loader by itself, all to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrick87 View Post
    Hi folks. I'm having problems upgrading to .348 and would love some help. DM won't detect the new software to install it on my phone, even though it's listed as available device software. I'm running DM 5.0.1 and have deleted the vendor file and tried running app loader by itself, all to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Have you tried disconnecting from the Internet?

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Have you tried disconnecting from the Internet?

Oh, yes I have. I forgot to mention that. Disconnecting the net had worked for me before but it doesn't seem to be helping me anymore.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by kendrick87 View Post
    I'm in the same situation. I've uninstalled both the os and dm and reinstalled. restarted my computer and phone several times. even disconnected from the internet(not sure why this would help?) and tried updating. The only update that pops up is for 4.6. Desktop manager 5.0.1 and bb8900 5.0.348 are the only blackberry related stuff installed on my computer. any help?

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by labevlol View Post
    I'm in the same situation. I've uninstalled both the os and dm and reinstalled. restarted my computer and phone several times. even disconnected from the internet(not sure why this would help?) and tried updating. The only update that pops up is for 4.6. Desktop manager 5.0.1 and bb8900 5.0.348 are the only blackberry related stuff installed on my computer. any help?
    just kidding i finally got it to work.

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1
    For what it's worth, there is an easy solution. In the same folder you find the vendor.xml file to delete, use the loader app. It bypassed the BB desktop, and installs the OS 5.0+ as normal. (Program files>common files>Reaserarch in motion>apploader)
    It seems the DM is created to detect and refuse to install unofficial releases, but obviously there has to be a way around, so people can "test" it.
    If you want to do a full backup with DM, do that first, although the apploader does a backup and restore just like normal.
    Just close the DM, then open the apploader, and you're in business.

Munya no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21DCCF11
    I am think about upgrading to 5.0.... any suggestions on the version that I should use
    "Hereos are made and not born"

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    .348 seems to be the most stable. I've been using it for about five days now with zero problems

Munya no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21DCCF11
    I just installed .348 and so far everything works fine. I am so far impressed with what I am seeing and I am getting feeling that there will soon be an official release.
    "Hereos are made and not born"

tuner2484 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Let's hope so...seems they're getting closer to a stable 5.0 OS for the 8900.

tuner2484 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Leaked OS: 5.0.0.411 for 8900

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I loaded .411 last night. It seems more stable than .348. I had trouble with .348 reboot randomly and it ran slow at times for me. This is faster and has not rebooted on its own. No noticeable changes.

spitfirespi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238EB9A1
    Just loaded up .411 and found this Voice Adaptation I don't remember seeing this on .348. So far it seems slightly faster but not sure still need more time and seems like memory wise somewhat the same or slightly more lol
    New pin in pro :D woot 8900

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    I've had .411 for about 24hrs now, and I am haven some very bad issues, first off my recent text message keeps on erasing everytime I do a battery pull, and when I get a new text message from someone; it keeps going under one contact, for instance if I was talking to "john" and "bob" texted me, it will be under "john". As a new message.....anyone had this problem yet?.....and I cnt message one contact on my bb at all