Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

When I go to contacts and choose one and then hit menu to sms them, ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

When I go to contacts and choose one and then hit menu to sms them, it brings up the persons pic, but won't let me type a message. If I go to messages and then hit send sms and choose a contact, it brings up the contact without a pic and let's me type the message. Anyone else have this issue?
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Oops! Not 8900 or 5.0 at the moment - I'm WAP so I missed the thread topic.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    pdx im not experiencing that error... and beejive is workingm i dont know if im the only one that has this problem but,.. when you are entering the password it almost looks like the letter are layered one top of another, but once you click edit account, everything looks fine
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

if you open messages, can you hit the "r" key and reply? because i cant!

[Former]

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Thumbs up HotCelica's 5.0.190 review

Warning: Incoming Wall of Text

So I always do a big review of every 5.0 leak that comes out and I have been busy the last few days but here ya go.

Threaded SMS: AMAZING FEATURE yet I don't like the fact that you can't use BB shortcuts such as T for top and B for bottom in a conversation as it auto assumes that you are typing a reply like in BBM. I do like that you can now just hit ENTER to actually send the SMS to the person. Also, if you are in a convo and typing a message to the person and they type back to you, the notification of the message will go away(which is nice). Can change the convo screen to be bubbles(default) or stripes.

BBM: You lose BBM 5 with this BETA but not a big deal for me. BBM is BBM. Some people may miss the avatars and the Barcodes but not me. The only thing I really miss about BBM 5 is the on-device backup of your contacts :-(

Browser: Superfast. Gets faster with every leak so this was assumed. No more Tabs :-(. I don't really miss the tabs all that much but it comes in handy when clicking on links in SS or another Twitter client. Biggest thing for me is rendering larger pages and speed and it's a win for being a BB. Big, nice change for me is when logging in to Pinstack or CB or another site, the checkbox that you have to click to save info is 1. Bigger and 2. Automatically checked :-)

UI: If you are using the default Zen theme then you would have noticed. Not HUGE differences but just small simple ones. Music icon in Media changed to BLUE instead of WHITE. All icons turn blue when highlighted. New SMS/MMS icon. New Profiles icon. When highlighting menus and selections, instead of the old flat blue color, you now have a different blue which gives it almost a Mac/Vista feel(forget the actual word for this, Sorry). The only thing I don't like about the new theme is that the Network(IE: T-Mobile - Branden), the connection(IE: UMA), and the Date on the homescreen are really small but when you hit the BB key and show all your apps it gets bigger.

Apps: Same apps still don't work with this build, Facebook, Myspace. Although all the IM's were lost with .130 and they are now back :-). Gmail Plugin is already built-in with this build. All of my thirdparty apps work just fine. Major ones is use are SocialScope(took forever to get this invite!), TFLNBerry, Pandora, Viigo, Podtrapper, All of my launchers(PS, CB, BBzone), WeatherEye, Sensobi Contacts. The alarm clock app's UI got an overhaul to make it look prettier.

Performance(IE: Memory, Battery, Radio, Speed): I haven't done a battery pull since yesterday afternoon and my memory is sitting at 105.9MB with heavy use. Not seeing any type of leaks on memory or anything. Battery drain seems to be maybe a bit better than previous 5.0 builds. Used the phone for about an hour, roughly 200 SMS, 45 min of playing Klondike, 25 min of BBM, 1 hour of web browsing, SocialScope checking every 15 minutes or so all day, Downloaded latest CB podcast, a few other random things. After 13 hours of use my battery is at 70%. Personally I thing the radio in .190 is the best in all of the 5.0 builds. My UMA picks up super quick and gets great signal even outside of my house. The biggest thing I have found with previous builds for me at least is that every so often if I am on UMA and texting a bunch, my phone will stop sending texts but can recieve them and will lose UMA and go to uma and I must do a battery pull to fix it. Been around the house all day and haven't had that issue yet. The overall speed of the phone has definitely improved. Bootup much quicker, opening/closing apps sped up a bit. Noticed a bit of lag in texting sometimes when texting quickly but it seems to be a small glitch for a second and then goes back to normal.

Overall Impression: This is my favorite build ever. I have done A LOT of OS updates back from my 8100, 8800, Storm(ugh updates everyday lol), and my 8900. I have used almost every build that has been released on each of those phones as I got each of my phones when they first came out. Although once the first 5.0 OS came out for the 8900 I am yet to try another 4.6 build for the simple fact that I refuse to lose the personalized SMS ringtones like 4.7 and 5.0 have, and I refuse to buy an app to do it(BerryBuzz, Sorry but no). I have not had ANY random reboots since loading .190 on my phone and that's 2 days? I forget when it was leaked LOL. I am loving the new overall look of the default theme and ADORE threaded SMS. TBH, I would actaully use this OS even if no 3rd party apps worked for the simple fact of threaded SMS. I text A LOT and it's just amazing. If you can get over some apps not working(look below for the list I have found), and no tabbed browsing, then this is by far the best OS that RIM has released. I won't be changing to another OS unless a newer 5.0 gets released and has all of this, myfaves display, and tabbed browsing. If you haven't tried 5.0 yet, this is a must try build.

List of non working apps:
    Facebook
    Myspace
    AppWorld
    BBM 5.0
    MyFaves Display(T-Mobile Only)
    Some Launchers(Some launchers seem to only bring you to browsers Start Page)

If anyone has found any other Apps that don't work then they can PM me and I will update my list but I only use a certain few apps on a daily basis so I haven't tried all of them.

Sorry for the HUGE review but it's just what I do :-)

HotCelica
    Look below for my twitter :-)
    Last edited by HotCelica; 08-27-2009 at 11:31 PM.
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

nice review Celica-- i bet a lot of ppl are going to have their questions answered with this review-- i know i did

[Former]

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    if you open messages, can you hit the "r" key and reply? because i cant!
    Yes, it works on mine.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Media problem for me: Playing a song works fine, but when it goes on to the next song, it is SILENT. If I click on a different song and go back to the previous silent song, it will play fine.

Basically after the first song, the next ones will always be silent. So I have to click each song individually after a song ends..

Very annoying at the gym this morning.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Yes, it works on mine.
    I tried on messages and it works fine, but it wont work for sms/mms

[Former]

Tim, when you upgraded did you remove your media card? i have been listening to music and i haven't encountered any problems.

[Former]

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    When I go to contacts and choose one and then hit menu to sms them, it brings up the persons pic, but won't let me type a message. If I go to messages and then hit send sms and choose a contact, it brings up the contact without a pic and let's me type the message. Anyone else have this issue?
    Similar issue:

After running 190 for several hours, I tried typing somebody's name on home screen (I allow dialing from home screen). Name and number displayed, as normal, and I used menu to select "send SMS" -- but then it only displayed message list -- not SMS dialogue. If I started in phone book, I could still send SMS.

After a battery pull, it worked properly again. I suspect there's a memory leak or some other bad code in this portion of this release.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    Tim, when you upgraded did you remove your media card? i have been listening to music and i haven't encountered any problems.
    No, I didn't. I forget to do this most of the time.
    -Tim

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had this one for a day and really really liked this os. I removed last night and went back to .250. Just could not live without facebook, vlingo and app world. Also the fact that I could not access sms from the contacts list. Once these bugs are worked out, this os of 5 is going to be fabulous. If anyone figures out how to work facebook and vlingo let me know.

Cheers,

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    ....doing the update as we speak. Taking forever on waiting for device initialization. Anybody else had problems with it?
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    so i decided to unhook then just restored my address book etc. I really like this os. Love the threaded sms with pictures. Seems like it vibrates it bit more. And individual sms/ringtones!!!!
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.