Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by gritsinct I'm having the AT&T browser/music issue with this version as well. ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I'm having the AT&T browser/music issue with this version as well. Had to drop from .130 to .100 because of it, but I really like this OS and would like to stay with it. Does anyone have any new solution to the problem? Thanks!
    What's the browser/music issue?
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Yamaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I don't remember the exact error message, but it is something like the browser already has supported MIME/ audio or something. Basically it won't play any of your media files, however it will play Pandora.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    viigo doesnt work for me on 190. love the threaded sms. also found an option for ring/vibrate at the same time. os feels faster too. battery life seems to be way better.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Is that only for ATT? I'm on TMO and do not have that issue.

Yamaha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    It may only be ATT, not sure. I first noticed it after using Crackutil to load the BB browser back onto my phone. once I would do a battery pull or reset, the error would happen and I would lose media functionality. Afer a few more pulls the error seems to go away. Can be annoying for sure!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Experience to date with 5.0.0.190 on 8900

Been running this more than 12 hours now -- several phone calls, SMS, MMS, tried several apps, etc. Here's what I've seen to date (comparisons to "old OS" are to 4.6.1.250):

Battery consumption seems faster on this than 4.6.1.250 -- after 12 hours (+/-), I'm down to 65% battery.

Memory consumption seems to be something to watch, although not "alarming" just yet. I started out with a fresh boot with about 105MB free RAM. Now, 12 hours later, I'm seeing about 95MB free.

General operation and navigation feels snappier than with 4.6.1.250. Less lag, overall very nice feeling.

New features are nice user experience "tweaks" -- all are appreciated and seem to be a step in the right direction for RIM. In general, more options are surfaced -- which will make "power users" happy. Seemingly small changes like total control over vibration during ringtones really make a big difference in overall experience.

I've only had my current favorite theme loaded so far, so I don't know if this issue is unique to the theme -- but I'll report it anyway. I've noticed that some of the buttons in dialog boxes don't display text properly -- when they are not selected they seem fine, but when I select the buttons, it appears as if the text doesn't fit anymore, so I see the word truncated followed by an ellipsis (...). I'll try another theme tomorrow to see what happens.

UMA support for phone calls is FAR better with 190 than it was with 130 (where UMA was virtually unusable for phone calls). I'll try more of this tomorrow, but my impression is that UMA on 190 may be as good as it was on 4.6.1.250.

Apps that work (in my experience) with 5.0.0.190 include:

BeeJiveIM -- works just fine on this release (yay! it didn't work on 130, but seems fine on 190).

Google Voice -- seems fine.

Slacker -- works.

Pandora -- works.

Youtube mobile -- works as long as I invoke it as a bookmark that uses my WAP (T-mobile) browser.

Maratick -- works just fine.

Google Maps (3.0.2) -- works.

Bolt Browser -- seems to work, but I find it a bit clunky (probably uninstalling)

Google Mobile App -- works.

BBFileScout -- works.

Poynt -- works.

BTSideKick -- works.

Yelp -- seems to be working.

Forward, Reply and Edit -- works.

SplashShopper -- works.

FIOS Remote DVR -- I have the version for the 8330 downloaded -- it works, but the screen format is wrong. If Verizon would release this for 480 x 360 I would be very happy...

Quicklaunch -- works.

MyCart! -- works.

XtremeLabs SpeedTest -- works. With my current WiFi connection to my FIOS Internet service, I'm seeing:
    --- download speed = 2747.94 Kbps
    --- upload speed = 955.53 Kbps

DexKnows -- works.

Audio Postcard (TMo feature?) -- works

Viigo -- had to delete and reinstall (private alpha), but this works fine now.

Bluetooth -- seems to work very well.

Weatherbug Elite -- works.

BerryWeather -- works.

Apps that don't work for me with 5.0.0.190:

Facebook -- not working with this release.

Visual Voicemail -- not working with T-Mobile so far on my 8900.

Vision for YouTube -- doesn't work for me -- seems to try to keep loading the video when I try to play it, but never gets there.

BBM5 -- nobody seems to have gotten a version of that to work with this release yet.

Overall conclusion: so far, so good. I'll give it another day or two. Unless it goes downhill, I'll be keeping this version installed for now.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    viigo doesnt work for me on 190. love the threaded sms. also found an option for ring/vibrate at the same time. os feels faster too. battery life seems to be way better.
    I had to uninstall, then find the private alpha to install. Been working fine since then.

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    Ok so I need some help. I have upgraded software 1000 times and have never seen this. I downloaded os 5.0 and deleted the vendor file however when i open desktop manager and start the app loader it finds 5.0 but when i hit next to install it basically says there is nothing to install and is done in 2 seconds with my say os .231. Any help would be appreciated.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    my 8900 stopped charging thru the desktop cradle after upgrade.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha View Post
    I noticed that if I do 5 or more battery pulls the music/browser issue goes away.
    I don't know why, it just does, lol.
    It's definitely worth a shot! I'll give it a try. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Is that only for ATT? I'm on TMO and do not have that issue.
    Yes, I believe it's only an AT&T issue - something to do with the service books from what I gather.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 08-27-2009 at 11:58 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha View Post
    I noticed that if I do 5 or more battery pulls the music/browser issue goes away.
    I don't know why, it just does, lol.
    That's a different workaround but if it works, what the heck?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    Been running this more than 12 hours now -- several phone calls, SMS, MMS, tried several apps, etc. Here's what I've seen to date (comparisons to "old OS" are to 4.6.1.250):

Battery consumption seems faster on this than 4.6.1.250 -- after 12 hours (+/-), I'm down to 65% battery.

UMA support for phone calls is FAR better with 190 than it was with 130 (where UMA was virtually unusable for phone calls). I'll try more of this tomorrow, but my impression is that UMA on 190 may be as good as it was on 4.6.1.250.

Overall conclusion: so far, so good. I'll give it another day or two. Unless it goes downhill, I'll be keeping this version installed for now.
    I thought the battery life was better than .100 yesterday and so far today. You were running 4.6 so maybe that's the difference.

I also noticed how much better UMA support is now. I had turned it off in .130 for the few days I ran that version. It was horrible. Now it is back to normal performance.

Good rundown of apps btw.

Do you have a link for the FIOS app? I would love to be able to try that out.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    That's a different workaround but if it works, what the heck?
    Unfortunately it did not work for me! But it was worth a shot...

I'm back to using this solution (http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/t-m...-130-a-282025/) - which is a pain every time I have to reboot, but at least it's a temporary fix.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    is beejive working for anyone? it doesnt let me enter my password
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Beejive is working for me. I have 4 accts set up, no problem.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106