Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Do you have some text overlapping and cut off words on the right when viewing ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Do you have some text overlapping and cut off words on the right when viewing a post?
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Do you have some text overlapping and cut off words on the right when viewing a post?
    i didnt noticed that, no probs here, did you wipe or load over .100?
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Actually I upgraded it from 4.6.231 TMO. Cherri also had the same problem on her Bold. She took screen shots and posted them on the Bold thread. Maybe I should have wiped first and did a fresh install. Did you use the Tour bbm link for your bbm? I made the mistake of using the 5.0 link and it really got screwed up. Did you upgrade from .100 or wipe first?

blackhawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    .130 is a very buggy version leaked. I installed it but took 2MB more memory and slowed down the complete system. I felt its very slow in responding to commands. It took off my BBM5 also. It was showing in the applications but no icon. Did a clean wipe and back to .100. One interesting thing happened in getting back to .100 is that GT is working all of a sudden. Anyone else experienced the same? I think .100 is the best so far. Will wait for another latest leak.

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I had this same problem. I went to browser options>general properties and changed minimum font style from bold to plain and it fixed the problem.
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    I had this same problem. I went to browser options>general properties and changed minimum font style from bold to plain and it fixed the problem.
    I tried that as well, but changing the font didn't fix it, it just made it smaller with the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    .130 is a very buggy version leaked. I installed it but took 2MB more memory and slowed down the complete system. I felt its very slow in responding to commands. It took off my BBM5 also. It was showing in the applications but no icon. Did a clean wipe and back to .100. One interesting thing happened in getting back to .100 is that GT is working all of a sudden. Anyone else experienced the same? I think .100 is the best so far. Will wait for another latest leak.
    I finally figured out that I had to download the Tour 4.7.1 bbm in order for it to work.

Also the Video Recorder didn't work for me on .100 and when I went back to it, it worked

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I tried that as well, but changing the font didn't fix it, it just made it smaller with the same problem.
    I didn't change font size I only changed from bold to plain style.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    I didn't change font size I only changed from bold to plain style.
    I changed it to plain also with no luck. Idk, maybe I will try .130 again with a clean wipe I want to hear more positives first.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, I'm back on 5.0.100 from a clean wipe of .130. Video Recorder is working for me now ? had to use the Tour bbm 5.0 link in order to get bbm to work and used restore to load my bbm contacts back. Everything is working good so far. We'll see how it goes.
    Video works now, huh? Interesting! I'm not gonna wipe to see if I get my video back but it's a possibility for people who HAVE to have their video and have time to do it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I seem to be having a decent amount of memory loss. I haven't put any new apps on my BB. Anybody else seeing this?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Memory on my 8900 is lower than it was with 4.6.1.250...but it could be due to the extract apps loaded/running in the background with this release. The TMO enabler is running (do I need that? should I remove via apploader - wonder about side effects), as is Visual Voice Mail (even tho it doesn't seem to work yet -- probably needs configuration on the server side -- but looks promising). I'll watch memory to try to see if it's a leak, or just more in use.

Still cannot receive SMS, although it sends just fine. Time to experiment a bit...

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down .130 not worth the effort

I updtated to .130, but it quickly became apparent that this is one leaked version to avoid. Slow, memory loss, dropped calls, ringers not functioning correctly if at all, messges and sms not combined...
    just not worth the time or effort to bother with.
    My advice is to pass and wait until another version comes out. .100 is not bad, but I am back to 4.6.231.
    Thanks,
    dds911

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    What I did to upgrade and what I always do is first use the security option to wipe the phone, then option 5 on jlcmder then option 4 in jlcmder, then load the Os that way.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.143 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by my968 View Post
    I updtated to .130, but it quickly became apparent that this is one leaked version to avoid. Slow, memory loss, dropped calls, ringers not functioning correctly if at all, messges and sms not combined...
    just not worth the time or effort to bother with.
    My advice is to pass and wait until another version comes out. .100 is not bad, but I am back to 4.6.231.
    I'm sure we all have somewhat different experience, difference configs, etc. I've seen some quirks in this version, but not all that you're describing.

I haven't really tried a lot of ringer options so far, but those that I've tried seem to work.

I haven't had any dropped calls. For me, messages and SMS are, indeed, combined. Could it be that, in your case, your options were set to keep them separate vs allowing your theme to determine how they're presented?

Also not seeing this as slow -- seems noticeably snappier than 4.6.1.250 had been for me.

If I can get UMA to stay up and not revert so often to uma, then I'll be keeping this one.