Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish I've notice on my 8900 (using OS .100 or the previous ... BlackBerry News forum

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I've notice on my 8900 (using OS .100 or the previous 4.6.0.199) that none of the "clickable" links on any site highlight when the curser is place on them. I click them anyway and they work - they just don't highlight. Anyone have that issue?
    You had posted this in reply to my note about not having clickable links in Google Mobile App results pages...

I just tried going to T-Mobile home page -- apparently the WAP site. Links on that page show up in blue highlight color, and when I move the mouse pointer over them, it changes to a hand icon, and clicking works just fine on this site.

Y! OneSearch results pages highlight properly and are clickable (these are also WAP I assume).

Blackberry mobile home page works -- blue highlighted links are clickable.

Google Mobile search page works.

Google "classic" seems to work too.

In general, mobile sites seem to work properly.

Oddly enough, going to http://www.pinstack.com with the "Internet Browser" yields the top PinStack.com logo bar, and a blank white screen below that...

Mobile version of NPR.org work properly. I also tried the "non-mobile version", and although it took a long time to load, the links highlight and work properly there as well.

I tried clicking the "Listen Now" link (I imagine it's a podcast), and I watched the progress bar crawl across the screen, and now it's frozen, displaying "loading...". But it doesn't look like I'll get to listen to this audio clip.

Even worse, it seems that whatever happened when attempting to the load the audio clip "broke" the browser, and any page I try to navigate to shows blank, with "Loading..." at the bottom, and no results. No way to totally close the browser (I use the menu option to close it, but when I check running apps by holding down the menu button, it's always still there -- seems like a permanently loaded applet). Tried all ways to close this, still no joy - so I just did a battery pull and I'm watching the nice new Blackberry boot screen progress bar slide across the screen....

Reboot fixes it. But this is clearly an early beta...

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    Go to wap.pinstack.com........works fine.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Papag View Post
    Go to wap.pinstack.com........works fine.
    Yes - it seems that WAP sites render properly, as do some standard non-mobile websites. My concern is about those sites that do NOT operate properly under this OS.

- Jon

PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    I haven't had any issues myself. I use mine on EDGE and on UMA, and Pinstack and others render fine in either case (ymmv).

PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    I just went to both NPR.com and NPR.org and tried it. Apparently they have a blackberry link you can use, but I didn't try it for testing purposes. I tried to download audio and it worked fine. Please keep in mind this was on UMA (wifi) at my home. I will try it after I get up for work on EDGE and see if it works. I've been a busy bee with .100 trying to see if I can break it, and so far have unsuccessful myself.
    Last edited by Papag; 06-22-2009 at 11:07 AM.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de
    Installed aim and irc and its not showing up. Battery pull nothing. Unistall reset then re-install still nowhere to be found. What's up with that
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    There some bugs in 5.0 that causes some apps to not work, sorry about that...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by racinrocker View Post
    Installed aim and irc and its not showing up. Battery pull nothing. Unistall reset then re-install still nowhere to be found. What's up with that
    Racin, have you checked the applications list to see that they are installed by options> advance options> applications? Just checking. If they are, go to main menu and select menu> "show all" just to make sure. It's a simple check but sometimes overlooked.

If they aren't in the ap list they aren't installed and it may be the OS. Any help?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de
    They r in app. List. Not sure about going to main menu then show all?

Go to home screen (the one with all the icons) and press the menu key. Then scroll to "select all" and select it. Then scroll thru all the icons to see if the one(s) you're missing are there - thay will be faint displays if they are "hidden." Also don't forget to look in the folders on your home sceen. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by racinrocker View Post
    They r in app. List. Not sure about going to main menu then show all?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 06-25-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Go to home screen (the one with all the icons) and press the menu key. Then scroll to "select all" and select it. Then scroll thru all the icons to see if the one(s) you're missing are there - thay will be faint displays if they are "hidden." Also don't forget to look in the folders on your home sceen. Good luck.
    Pardon my pedantry - The option, I think, is "Show All" that you need to look for after hitting the Menu key.

Quote Originally Posted by Specs View Post
    Pardon my pedantry - The option, I think, is "Show All" that you need to look for after hitting the Menu key.
    You're right and it's not "pedantry" - it's correct and thanks for doing it. (My "select all" would have most likely been confusing - I guess I had "select" on the brain. )
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It is most likely in your downloads folder

staindone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F059B5
    I am running .100, in the 3 weeks I've had it, only 2 random resets, all of my apps work, facebook doesn't, but they have a mobile site, so its all good. I have found a few bugs though.

•Songs in the media player play perfectly fine, but the time doesn't move (stays at 0:00) so it won't go to the next song when that is over.
    •Video camera, sometimes the video I recorded, the first few seconds the video won't move but there will be audio. But then the video moves as normal.

Other than that, I'm likin it.

Quote Originally Posted by staindone View Post
    I am running .100, in the 3 weeks I've had it, only 2 random resets, all of my apps work, facebook doesn't, but they have a mobile site, so its all good. I have found a few bugs though.

•Songs in the media player play perfectly fine, but the time doesn't move (stays at 0:00) so it won't go to the next song when that is over.
    •Video camera, sometimes the video I recorded, the first few seconds the video won't move but there will be audio. But then the video moves as normal.

Other than that, I'm likin it.
    Stain, You're right about the video camera being hosed in .100. I hadn't used it at all on the 8900 because it's my spare phone and my 8330 is the one with me the most of the time.

I recorded a couple of videos and got audio only - no video at all. Further, the BB locks up hard if I press the delete key and attempt to delete any of them. Had to reboot to get back.

On the other hand the elapsed time on my media player works fine and goes from one selection to the next just fine.