Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by vinmontRD Has anyone else noticed that links in Google mobile app search ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that links in Google mobile app search result pages are not clickable under 5.0.0.100? I get fast search results, but none of the links are clickable, whether I choose "select mode" / column view / page view / etc. I can live without FB for a while, but it's really annoying when google mobile app no longer is usable...
    I've notice on my 8900 (using OS .100 or the previous 4.6.0.199) that none of the "clickable" links on any site highlight when the curser is place on them. I click them anyway and they work - they just don't highlight. Anyone have that issue?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Another problem, I'm getting a window in the middle of the screen that says: "Entering standby mode. Press the mute key again to exit standby mode."

When I press the mute key it switches from the clock screen to the theme screen but the message box, that's in the middle of the display stays there. Pressing and holding the ESC key doesn't do anything either.

Anyone have a solution for this other than rebooting? That's what I have to do to get out of it.

The main thing I can't figure out is why I get the message in the 1st place?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Another problem, I'm getting a window in the middle of the screen that says: "Entering standby mode. Press the mute key again to exit standby mode."

When I press the mute key it switches from the clock screen to the theme screen but the message box, that's in the middle of the display stays there. Pressing and holding the ESC key doesn't do anything either.

Anyone have a solution for this other than rebooting? That's what I have to do to get out of it.

The main thing I can't figure out is why I get the message in the 1st place?
    I have never seen that before JB. I'm curious to know as well.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I probably caused it - pressing a button unintentionally - by taking the 8900 out in and out of the pull strap leather "holster" thing that I got from the PDA Hut thread. I switched back to my Innocase for now and I stopped getting it. It was weird.

I've also had the trackball fail to move the curser since I upgraded as tho it is locked. If I press it down, hold and move it the curser starts moving again.

I find that 5.0 runs smooth at first and then little bugs start to show up. I just had my first random reboot.

I agree - it does seem a little buggy and it's hard to describe or pinpoint it. It's not that consistent it the minor little glitches as far as I can tell.

All these updates are getting to me. Wish we can get a stable OS. Makes me miss my 8320

I agree. I upgraded to 5.0 (8900) AND 4.5.0.160 (8330) on the same day. The .160 was so smooth for everyone else - it's the most difficult upgrade I've ever done! I must have spent a total of 12 hours getting everything back to normal on the 8330.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Couple findings from my 8900
    I had some random reboots, what I did was wipe and reload without the mem card and using DM, restore data and then restore the apps I have noticed some new options in some menus, following the batt life seems to be better other than that not big diff with .93

I miss my 8320 because I never had any problems. Everything worked perfectly and I had it dialed in. But, my 8900 has more memory and hopefully we will get a stable OS soon. Then I can luv it just as much as my 8320.

fossiltkm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA8A73
    Has anybody been having any issues with installing Google Sync on .100? Whenever I try, I the message saying that my device is not supported.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I miss my 8320 because I never had any problems. Everything worked perfectly and I had it dialed in. But, my 8900 has more memory and hopefully we will get a stable OS soon. Then I can luv it just as much as my 8320.
    Were none of the 4.6.x.x OS's stable for you? My 4.6.1.231 OS was very, very stable - never had any problems at all! I just decided to go to 5.0 to see what was new...

So far I haven't had any problems with 5.0.0.100 (other than missing Facebook!), but if I do start having problems, I will happily go back to 4.6.1.231.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 06-17-2009 at 03:09 PM.

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So with the 5.0 the only thing that is missing is Facebook?? I'm curious to upgrade b/c of the new BB messenger thats coming out.

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    The only issue I'm having is with autostandby. When the program is enabled and I use the standby button instead of waiting for the backlight or the 1min to do it for me it won't go into standby. Anyone have this issue or know of a fix? No big deal really, I love the new beta so far. Been running smooth since the day it dropped.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    So with the 5.0 the only thing that is missing is Facebook?? I'm curious to upgrade b/c of the new BB messenger thats coming out.
    That's the only app that I haven't been able to get to work, and neither has anyone else based on all the threads about it. :d Some of them I did have to upgrade to a version for 4.7OS (I guess because that is latest official version (even though it's not for 8900)??), but once I did that it worked fine.
    Last edited by gritsinct; 06-19-2009 at 05:31 PM.