Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Papag I use the Apploader instead of DM, and MAN THAT WAS ... BlackBerry News forum

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Papag View Post
    I use the Apploader instead of DM, and MAN THAT WAS FASSST. Fastest update I've ever done. So far, so good.
    how about the boot up time????
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Thumbs up

Boot was much quicker than .93 as well. And all my homescreen stuff was just as I left it, instead of what it would look like "stock". I did not have to re-arrange anything. It was just as I left it.

rzepplin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay I installed new version, everything went fast but I have one problem I dont have my BB browser, can someone tell me how to install just the browser?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Rzepplin, re-register and re-send your service books. I had the same problem (among others) and that got me the browser back.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    Update on Bluetooth reboot issue with .100 installed.....

After installing .100 I tried to send a movie (avi) to my co-worker who has a Storm. We paired with no issues and no reboot this time after entering the password. The transfer took forever and was slower than smoke, but it did it. It probably took so long because the movie was in 480x360 res, and was 400MB large.......:d but it did it.

Connected no está en línea Stack level 2
    guys, i am really struggling to find .100, the rapidshare link has been pulled, any help appreciated

rzepplin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Jblackfish, where do you resend service books on the 8900, thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzepplin View Post
    Thanks Jblackfish, where do you resend service books on the 8900, thanks
    Is it not in your email setup? I can't check since I don't have a data plan on this BB.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I had the missing browser problem in an upgrade but it was a different OS and on a different device. I assume the fix is the same. If that doesn't do it, I'd try a different theme. Sometimes certain themes "lose" certain icons - don't know why.

You can check whether the Browser is installed or not by going to options> advanced options> applications, and looking for it there. If it's there one of the above solutions should work. If it's not there then connect to your DM and see that it was checked - it's an automatically checked item in the install so I can't imagine that that would be the problem.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Have installed 5.0.0.100 but...

...really dont like it.

Every time I reboot the device I get an 'uncaught exception' plus experiencing many other beta bugs.

Does anyone know how I can rollback to 4.7 that I was previously using?

Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Connected,

Simply uninstall the 5.0 OS from your computer, then make sure you have the 4.7 OS installed. Once that's done, connect your device to the computer and launch Desktop Manager. DM should recognize the OS differences and prompt you to downgrade the OS.

You can also launch the Application Loader directly from the OS files installed on your PC by navigating to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Once you have your OS of choice installed on the computer, navigate to the path above. About 7-8 rows down, you'll see a little phone icon, which is the Loader executable. Double click on that and you'll go through the same downgrade process as you would via Desktop Manager.

Post back if you need further clarification.

Roger

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Download the 4.6 os and install it on your pc, uninstall 5.0 and follow the same process as the 5.0

thanks to you both, will give it a go.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Installed yesterday, my first experience with 5.0. Everything has gone very well! Facebook is only app that doesn't work for me (had to update some apps like Tweet Genius to 4.7 OS version!). Not sure I notice enough differences to make it worth the change but nothing bad enough to make me go back either. :-) I do REALLY like having word wrap back!!! Overall very painless upgrade (knock on wood).

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone else noticed that links in Google mobile app search result pages are not clickable under 5.0.0.100? I get fast search results, but none of the links are clickable, whether I choose "select mode" / column view / page view / etc. I can live without FB for a while, but it's really annoying when google mobile app no longer is usable...

blackhawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I am not facing any such problems VinmontRD. Google Mobile App is working fine with me and I can click open any links.