Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

BTW, I upgraded directly from .199 to .93. I've only experienced one "random reboot" and ... BlackBerry News forum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

BTW, I upgraded directly from .199 to .93. I've only experienced one "random reboot" and that was right after my first boot to .93.

I upgraded w/o my memory card installed and as I always do I used loader.exe in the same directory that I deleted the vendor.xml file from.

I have to date (since yesterday, about 24 hours since installing .93) experienced no more "random reboots".

David
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I don't use Social scope for much besides posting statuses, but I believe the FB part of SS only shows people's status updates and once in a while I see a notice that someone has uploaded new pictures. It's not a full fledged FB app.
    Bummer Tim. I thought maybe there was a workaround.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Bummer Tim. I thought maybe there was a workaround.
    If I remember correctly, there is another application that you can use to upload your pictures to a number of different social sites.. or at least a place you can email, and they'll do it for you instantly. Don't remember what it's called though.
    -Tim

Upgraded today to .93 and it went smoothly. Did not have to re enter profiles or apps. So far so good. We'll see how it goes

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Question

OK...so now what is the general concensus on .93? I removed .90 after getting many java errors on startup, but I really liked it. Is .93 stable now?

Quote Originally Posted by Papag View Post
    OK...so now what is the general concensus on .93? I removed .90 after getting many java errors on startup, but I really liked it. Is .93 stable now?
    I have been using .93 since it came out and it has not rebooted on me yet and seems to be very stable. :d

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    Great! Guess it's time then.......

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded to .90 when it came out, but after a few days my phone kept rebooting itself so I had to downgrade to 4.6 again. Now I want to try .93 but every time I hook my phone to the desk top manager, either it won't say there is an upgrade available, or if it does I will click to upgrade it and after it says "checking for updates" it will say there was a fatal error, and it will not let me upgrade to 5.0 at all. I've tried on 4 different computers and it does the same on every computer. Any ideas?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Delete rhe vendor file and also make sure the os for the 8900, you can go to c: program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and click on the loader.exe (if you are on vista run as adimin)

I have deleted the vendor file, and it is for the 8900. I have even removed it from my computer and redownloaded it 4 times. I have also tried the appload/loader and it still gives me the fatal error boo! This sucks!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you wipped the device? What the error say diff to fattal error?

I tried to download the jl commander to wipe my device clean. But it wouldn't download to my computer
    . I could try just a wipe of the device via the security/general options/wipe handheld. Ill try it this weekend and we'll see what happens. If not ill try the jl commander again.
    Last edited by melgr702; 05-29-2009 at 05:39 PM.

blackhawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Running .93 for more than 24hours now. No reboots at all. Viigo is working fine. Weathereye is running smooth. Blackberry Weather Push services working fine. Only GTalk and Facebook are not working but don't miss them as I have BB Messenger and most of my contacts are on BB Messenger. All in all, a more stable OS and I think that you should go for it. I am enjoying so. Though after the upgrade, everything was reset to like factory settings and had to spend hours putting all back e.g. ringtones, profile settings, etc.

blackhawk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Is it only me or is anybody else too, is experiencing that you can't forward texts. I have to copy and paste, creating a new message but can't forward the same message as it is from received. It saves up as a draft message instead of transmitting.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    No problems forwarding texts here