Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

I'm definitely going back to 4.6 tonight. This morning on my way to work it ... BlackBerry News forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs down

Advertisement

I'm definitely going back to 4.6 tonight. This morning on my way to work it restarted 2 times on its own. Just a little too buggy for my comfort. Hopefully, the next release will work much better and flawlessly with 3rd party apps. Unless the rumor that RIM is trying to steer away from 3rd party apps from running on bb's to be true. That would be a huge mistake on RIM's part and would definitely steer people away from blackberrys all together.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I can't see them steering away from 3rd party with the app store just opening up.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    toysoft sell a wallpaper changer for 4.7 os or higher. Just use the OTA link 7 day free trial or pay 6 bucks
    Thanks, just downloaded it and it works great. Been waiting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I'm definitely going back to 4.6 tonight. This morning on my way to work it restarted 2 times on its own. Just a little too buggy for my comfort. Hopefully, the next release will work much better and flawlessly with 3rd party apps. Unless the rumor that RIM is trying to steer away from 3rd party apps from running on bb's to be true. That would be a huge mistake on RIM's part and would definitely steer people away from blackberrys all together.
    You do realize this is a BETA, right? And the first 5.0 beta to be released, at that. Pretty sure they have a lot to worry about, and 3rd party apps may not be at the top of the list just yet.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    You do realize this is a BETA, right? And the first 5.0 beta to be released, at that. Pretty sure they have a lot to worry about, and 3rd party apps may not be at the top of the list just yet.
    Totally understand. Hey, I'm not complaining. Glad i got a first hand glimpse of 5.0, looks promising.

Totally understand. Hey, I'm not complaining. Glad i got a first hand glimpse of 5.0, looks promising.
    Yea, a few bugs here and there make me want to switch back, but I'm gonna stick it out longer. Like you said, it looks promising. Hopefully .110 gets leaked soon.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Yea, a few bugs here and there make me want to switch back, but I'm gonna stick it out longer. Like you said, it looks promising. Hopefully .110 gets leaked soon.
    I couldnt wait, I just went back to .199. I usually dont read alot of user's comments on betas prior to installing since I've only experienced a positive experience for the most part. I mean I'll read a page or two, and then after installing continue reading to learn or give input. With this OS 5.0, I should've waited until I was sure it wasnt that buggy. I'll definitely do that with .110. Too many apps were just not working.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I switched back also. The resetting just bugged me to much. I will miss the word wrap fix though.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks guys for all the feedback. By the looks of it I'm
    gonna stick it out until the next one...

Wow, forgot .199's battery life stunk. Missing 5.0 already

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Wow, forgot .199's battery life stunk. Missing 5.0 already
    I went back to .174. That one works best for me. But if a new 5.0 gets released w/o bugs, I would be all over that.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yea I'm rolling back to .174 tonight, no viigo and the 4 resets a day is really getting to me, I sure will miss some features though !

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm still curious as to the resets, simply because mine hasn't once.

I may have to eat my words and downgrade; is anyone else having MMS problems? Really frustrating me.
    -Tim

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    From experience make sure you get a good backup on .199 or .206 or w/e you're running prior to 5.0
    I went back down to .206 and my backup from while on 5.0 also pooched my phone giving odd issues, one of them being no MMS sending. Did all the usual stuff, service books, battery pulls, even had TMo CS remove me from the tower and re-register on the network. I eventually ended up wiping handheld, restoring backup from prior to 5.0 and boom, MMS working again. What a mess...
    Facebook
    MySpace
    Personal: 8900 4.6.1.250
    Work: 8330 4.5.0.160

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    hmmmmm I have been on 5.0 since the day it was leaked and I am not addicted to crapbook or viigo so not having them is not a big deal to me and I would much rather have the improvements that I got in 5.0 over those 2 programs. I only get like 1 random reboot a day if that. Everything other than those 2 programs work perfect for me and the browser improvements are amazing. Can't wait for a new 5.0 release as I am deff not going back to a prior release even if a new 4.6 is released, I am just waiting on new 5.0 releases from now on. In the other beta thread I gave a pretty long review of my experiences on 5.0 that sums it all up and you can expect a new review with each release.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast