Please post all beta discussions for the 8800, 8820 here. Please note, as of January ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Official 8800, 8820 4.5 Beta Discussion Thread

Advertisement

Please post all beta discussions for the 8800, 8820 here.

Please note, as of January 1, 2009 there have been changes to the Rules and Guidelines

Links for beta versions are now permitted within the following guidelines. They must be links to the news about the beta leak, not a direct link to the file sharing site. See this post as an example.

Here are some other helpful links:
    Previous beta thread How to Upgrade Latest Official OS
    Last edited by azstar; 01-25-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RidingRight no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an 8830 on Sprint and installed 4.5os and it seems to be working fine. I had a small problem with setting up email, but it may have been caused as much by me as anything else. Sprint help was very cooperative. Set up your primary email first as it will be the default email when sending from another folder such as 'messages or calendar'.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

fjohnson01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243314BO

4.5 problems

I just installed 4.5 on my 8820 for AT&T and it seems to have erased my facebook icon and the media net icon now reads "wap.insecure.A-WPTCP" when I highlight it with the trackball. Anybody know what's the haps with that?
    "Blackberry molasses one of the things that never change" - Mista

F. Johnson

Influence no está en línea Stack level 1
    I could be wrong but even if you upload a new theme from bplay or such it erases facebook app and a few other stuff

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by fjohnson01 View Post
    I just installed 4.5 on my 8820 for AT&T and it seems to have erased my facebook icon and the media net icon now reads "wap.insecure.A-WPTCP" when I highlight it with the trackball. Anybody know what's the haps with that?
    Sorry nobody answered you yet. Try a battery pull see if that helps. If not go through your email setup icon on your phone and resend your service books. If you still don't have facebook then go to mobile.blackberry.com and you can download it there. Let us know if you still need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Influence View Post
    I could be wrong but even if you upload a new theme from bplay or such it erases facebook app and a few other stuff
    No, adding new apps or themes should never cause other apps to be erased. If that happens then something is wrong.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

fjohnson01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243314BO
    Much appreciation, the battery pull fixed the funky icon name and I just downloaded fb again. All is right with the world.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~